Chapter 13

KangMin - Manly Man

I couldn’t forget his words. They were burning my mind, making me lose my focus in class. That Henry guy was sitting at the front of the class, too close to Sungmin. He kept on giving him little messages all class long and, when the teacher made us work in teams with the person that was sitting next to us, I growled, because that new guy was in team with my boyfriend, and because they seemed to get along too well.

 

After class, I joined Sungmin. “Min, do you-”

 

“Sungmiiiin, want to spend lunchtime with me? I have tons of things to tell you ~” Henry cut me, putting his arm on Sungmin’s shoulder.

 

“Erm… Kangin… I… I’m sorry, I… I’m busy today…” my boyfriend hesitated. “I, please… please don’t hate me?”

 

I sighed. “I can’t hate you, but I can hate him,” I growled, glaring at the new guy.

 

“Kangin…”

 

“All right, I’ll just shut up and do my own stuff! Have fun!”

 

I left the room with my books, letting those two there, a bit pissed. I didn’t like that Henry guy. He was too familiar with my boyfriend. Too familiar, and I couldn’t get his words out of my mind. You know what? Soon, I’ll be more important to him than you are at the moment.

 

“ this guy…”

 

Was he really planning on having Min? Was he really planning on stealing my boyfriend? I couldn’t let him do that. I couldn’t let him have Min. But, at the same time… I couldn’t tell Min he was mine, and mine only, and that I would never let him go. If he wanted someone else…

 

“This is so complicated…”

 

I spent my lunchtime alone, thinking about how I could put an end to this weird situation. I had just started going out with Sungmin. I didn’t want to let him go. But what if he fell for that Henry guy? I couldn’t keep Sungmin if he didn’t like me anymore. But I didn’t like Henry’s guts. Something was wrong with him. Sometimes I could feel how old people were, and this guy… I could feel that he was older than us. He looked young, very young, but… but there was something. Something that wasn’t right.

 

I could’ve kept on wondering for a while if the bell hadn’t started ringing, telling everyone there were only ten minutes left to lunchtime. I got up, went to get my books, and went to sit in front of the door to my next class. Sungmin soon arrived, followed by Henry, and the two of them sat a bit further to whisper to each other. Growling, I closed my eyes and concentrated on keeping calm not to punch that new guy in the face.

 

The next morning, I sighed in relief when I saw Sungmin alone in front of his locker. I went to him and kissed him softly. “Min ~”

 

He smiled. “Hi, Kangin.” His eyes became sad. “Sorry for yesterday… I… I just had something very important to talk to… with Henry…”

 

“It’s okay, I guess. As long as I’m still your only boyfriend?”

 

He pouted. “How could you not be my boyfriend? I waited for… for… for a long time. And now you’re my boyfriend. Duh.”

 

That made me laugh. “I see. I trust you, Min.”

 

“I love you.”

 

Cheater.

 

“I love you too.”

 

“I love you more than you love me.”

 

Fudge.

 

“I know…”

 

“Hey, Sungmin! I need to tell you something important!” Mr. New Guy suddenly popped out of nowhere.

 

And that’s how my Tuesday was ruined by the new student.

 

After school, Sungmin came to me. “Kangin? I need to tell you something. I won’t come to school for a while. I don’t know how much time… I already told the principal and the teachers.”

 

“Uh? Why?”

 

“Because… erm… I can’t tell you. I’m sorry…”

 

“Don’t tell me it’s because of that new guy…”

 

“Erm… actually, it is…”

 

I groaned. “Fine. Go see him then, since you like him so much. I’m going home.”

 

And I left. Pissed and jealous.