Chapter 12

KangMin - Manly Man

We went back not long after that and, at school, the next morning, I made sure to be there when he arrived. I pressed a kiss on his forehead and took his hand in mine. “Hey. Morning.”

 

He leaned a bit against my arm as we walked together. “Morning. Did you miss me?”

 

“I started missing you the moment you closed the door.”

 

That made him chuckle in an adorable way and he looked at me, his beautiful eyes full of love and tenderness. “I see! I started missing you the moment I stepped out of the car.”

 

“I started missing you the moment you opened the door of the car.”

 

He knew me – and my male ego – too well. He smiled and shrugged. “You win.”

 

“Are you saying this to please me?”

 

“A bit. Doesn’t it please you?”

 

I pressed a kiss on his forehead. “Yeah.”

 

“I knew it. You like to win, don’t you?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

I stayed silent for a moment while we were going to our lockers, and talked again only when we had our books. “But, Min…”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“I know you love me the most.”

 

He stopped for a moment, looked at me straight in the eyes, as if he were searching for another meaning behind my words. But I simply meant what I had said. I knew Sungmin was the one, in this relationship, that loved the other one the most. I loved him, I really did; but, in any relationship, there’s always someone who loves more. Sungmin was this one and I knew it. I felt… sorry, for not being able to love him as much as he loved me. I really wanted to love him as much as he loved me. But that wasn’t my nature. I was too independent to love people too much. Sungmin was deeply in love, but he was also independent, in a way, because he wasn’t desperate to make people love him. I admired that so much about him.

 

“So, you win, Min.”

 

He smiled softly. “I know.”

 

“I’m sorry…”

 

“You don’t need to be. I’m very happy with what I have at the moment. If I were to get any happier, I would probably die of a heart attack or something.”

 

I looked at him with freaked out eyes, but he laughed. “It’s a joke, Kangin! A joke! I won’t die of happiness!”

 

“But you fainted, in Old Montreal…”

 

“I fainted because I was so nervous! I never thought you’d kiss me, Kangin…”

 

I walked to him and softly pulled him so I could kiss him. I pressed a long, long kiss on his lips, and when I moved back, I looked at his beautiful eyes. “I love you, Min. So, don’t be nervous when I kiss you. Because I don’t plan to stop. I don’t want to stop.”

 

He nodded and smelled my shirt softly. It was already becoming a habit. He had done so a few times already. It seemed to calm him down, like it calmed me down to recognize the delicate scent of his hair. “Okay. I love you, Kangin.”

 

“I love you too.”

 

We softly let go of each other to go to class, and I frowned when I saw a new guy in front of the room. I didn’t know him. A new student?

 

“Who are you?” I asked him, just a bit rudely.

 

He looked at Min, and at me, and at Min, and at me again, before his eyes stopped on Min, staring at him, as he was smiling widely.

 

“Henry. My name is Henry Lau. I’m new here. It’s nice to meet you.”

 

“…”

 

“And who might you be?” he said, still staring at Sungmin.

 

“S… Sungmin Lee.”

 

“I see. It’s very nice to meet you. Please be nice with me.”

 

I pulled Sungmin closer to me and glared at the new guy. “Only if you stop staring at my boyfriend,” I growled.

 

“Oh, your boyfriend, is that right? You have a very cute boyfriend. Very, very cute,” he repeated softly.

 

“Very cute, and mine.”

 

“I see. Not willing to share? That’s okay.”

 

Sungmin, not wanting to get nervous in that situation, left to go to the restroom, and I side-eyed the new guy. “What the was that about?!”

 

“I was just saying that your boyfriend is extremely cute. It would be bad to lose him, wouldn’t it?”

 

“…”

 

“You know what? Soon, I’ll be more important to him than you are at the moment.”

 

That made me react right away. “What?!”

 

“Just wait.”

 

He chuckled. “You’ll see.”