Date

The Fallen One

 

Sungyeol’s POV. 

I woke up to my phone vibrating. I squinted my eyes to see who was calling. It was Junmyeon, why was he calling so early though?…

“Hello?” my voice came out to be extremely tired and sleepy sounding.

“So I heard the infamous L was there. I told you to look out for them.” He replied.  

“Mhmmm…” I was way too sleepy to think of anything to say to him.  

“Obviously, we can’t let them get to her first. Make her fall in love with you as soon as possible.”

“Easier said than done, but I’ll see what I can do.” I managed to mumble.

“I’m counting on you Sungyeol.”

“Of course you are…” I replied and then fell back asleep.

 

Jinah’s POV

I still don’t understand why Gomo wanted me to stop talking to Myungsoo… but since she’s never told me not to do anything before, I guess I have to listen to her. I saw Myungsoo in class and a couple of times in the hallway, but I didn’t say anything. I saw him looking at me and I really wanted to talk to him, but I didn’t want to disrespect my aunt. Was there something about him that I didn’t know about?

 

After school I had to go to work. Hoya dropped me off at the Toffee Coffee House because he didn’t have practice and felt like he still owed me. Chaejin greeted me as I entered and went to the back to put on my apron and store away my school stuff.

“Jinah, it’s your turn to manage the register today.” She told me while cleaning the machines.

I nodded in response.

 It was a regular Tuesday and we weren’t expecting that many customers. I sat on the stool behind the cash register waiting for someone to enter. I was dozing off when I heard the bell ring, indicating that someone had enter.

“Welcome to Toffee Coffee house!” I heard Chaejin’s greeting. I didn’t notice she was sitting beside me.

“Thank you.” Said the familiar voice.

“Welcome!” I looked up at the person. “Sungyeol!” I smiled brightly.

“Hi Jinah”

“What would you like?” I asked as I got up from my stool.

He smiled at me, scratching the back of his head. “I’d like for you to go out on a date with me.”

Chaejin squealed. “Jinah will gladly go on a date with you!”  She pushed me towards the back. I didn’t have a chance to respond.

“Chaejin! Wh-”

“Come on Jinah, he’s really cute and you’ve never had a boyfriend before, you should give him a chance! He seems nice too.” She cut me off.

“What about my shift?”

She shook her head. “No need to worry about today! Now go!” She pushed me back out once I got all of my stuff.   

Sungyeol was standing there waiting for me, his hands in his pockets. I blush a little and prayed that he didn’t notice. He opened the door for me as we both walked out. 

“Where are we going?” I asked him as we went inside his car.

“You’ll see.”

I pouted. “I don’t like surprises.”

“I’m sure you’ll like this one!” He started the engine and drove off.

The ride was silent, but it wasn’t awkward. I was confused though, why did Sungyeol ask me out on a date? Does he like me? I’m not sure if I feel the same way about him though… he is nice, but I see him more like a good friend than anything else.

It was like he could read my mind or something. “Yes Jinah, I do like you and maybe this date will change your mind about me.”

I blushed again. About twenty minutes later he stopped the car.

“Here we are!”  

We both got out of the car as I scanned the area. “LOTTE WORLD!” I squealed a little. “I haven’t been here in a long time!”

I excitedly ran towards the entrance. I heard Sungyeol chuckle as he followed me.

Maybe hanging out with Sungyeol may change my feelings toward him… I mean he is sweet, caring, charming, and not to mention extremely cute.

Sungyeol paid for our tickets. “What should we do first?” he asked me.

Before I have time to say anything, my stomach growled. “Let’s get something to eat?”

He nodded and that’s how our date at Lotte World first start.

It ended pretty well. I was tired and worn out by the end of the day. Sungyeol and I rode on the roller coasters and he won me a couple of small animal plushies. It was really fun and I’m glad Chaejin made me come.

“Jinah” Sungyeol shook me gently. “Wake up, we’re at your house.”

I opened my eyes sleepily. “Oh okay.” I mumbled as I opened the car door. He got out as well.

“Thank you for accepting to go out on a date with my today.”

I blushed as he said the word date again. “No problem, thank you for taking me out.”

We stood there in front of each other for awhile and I felt like there was someone watching me, but when I looked around there was no one in sigh besides Sungyeol.

“I’ll see you tomorrow then.” He leaned in and gave me a hug.

I hugged him back, said goodbye then went inside.

 

Myungsoo’s POV.

I gritted my teeth together at the sight of them embracing each other. I don’t know why I feel like this though. Her aunt doesn’t want me to be near her and I could tell she put a barrier up, but every day I watch over her making sure she gets home safely before leaving. I could care less about immortality and , but for some reason I care a lot about her and it’s annoying me. I felt a shiver run down my spine as I hop down from the roof. Angels.

My wings came out and my eyes turned a crimson red. I sniffed the air… four of them