Kim Myungsoo

The Fallen One

 

I shifted uncomfortably in the dress that Taeyeon got me. “Do I really have to wear this?” I asked her.

“Of course honey, you look hot.” She winked at me.

I had on a black strapless dress that had a bow at the top. It had ruched sides and was tight on my body; you were able to see all my curves. I kept trying to pull it down to cover my , but then my s would be expose and when I try pulling it back up my would be expose. These are the reasons why I never want Taeyeon to buy dresses for me. She also bought me black heels that were hard to walk in.

I just sighed. “Is Hoya coming with us?”

Taeyeon shook her head. “No, he’s meeting us there.”

After Taeyeon and I finished getting ready we got into her black convertible and she drove for about 20 minutes. We arrived at a place called “The Shooting Star”. There weren’t that many people standing outside so I went in holding onto Taeyeon’s arm. As soon as we stepped in I could hear the loud music surround me immediately. There were people on the dance floor grinding on each other; it literally looked like they were having . As I walked by I could feel people staring at me and it gave me the chills. 

“Taeyeon, I really don’t want to be here.” I whispered to her and tightened my grip on her arm.

“Relax Jinah; you’re going to have fun!” She said as she pulled me along to the bar.

She ordered a drink that sounded foreign to me. We both sat down on a stool watching the people around us. All I could see is people flirting and people making out near the walls. How is this going to be ‘fun’? I worry about Taeyeon sometimes.

“Here you go ladies.” He said as he handed us the drinks.

“Taeyeon… I can’t drink, remember?” I said as I smelled the alcohol in the beverage.

“Just this once Jinah, one time.” She held up one finger. “You don’t live forever honey; you need to start living.”

I watched her down it and order another one. I was about to take a sip when someone took the glass from me.

“Don’t drink it. Taeyeon stop badly influencing Jinah, you know she has a low tolerance for alcohol!” I recognized the voice immediately.

“Hoya!” I smiled at him brightly and got up to give him a hug.

“Long time no see and wow you look stunning.” He smiled at me, showing off his pearly white teeth.

“Howon you’re such a party pooper.” Taeyeon said, she got up and pulled me along with her. “Let’s go dance!”

Taeyeon and I danced for an hour or two and boy does she get down and dirty. A couple of guys wanted to dance with us as well, and I was just there trying to move to the beat of the music, but I know I looked really awkward. Hoya also came down to dance with us. I guess it was pretty fun. I got tired and went to go sit by the bar. I ordered coke since I didn’t want to drink alcohol. I was watching Taeyeon and Hoya dance together and giggled to myself; they looked pretty cute.

Out of the corner of my eyes I noticed a guy was staring at me for quite some time now. I have to admit that he was gorgeous, but he did look scary as well. He had black hair and brown eyes. He was wearing all black and there were a bunch of girls around him trying to flirt, but he kept a straight face. He smirked as he saw me look at him and I blushed, glancing away in the process.

Taeyeon got a little too crazy, she came over to me slurring her words and I couldn’t understand anything she was saying. She was holding onto Hoya for support or else she wouldn’t be able to walk.

“Jinah, I think I’m going to take Miss Party over here home. I’ll come back for you though, so just wait here for about 20 minutes. Don’t go anywhere!” Hoya told me.

I nodded in response since I didn’t have any other options. I just sat there sipping on my drink when I felt a little too stuffy and decided to go outside and wait. The air was cold and felt nice against my skin, there was a bench near the sidewalk and went to sit down there and wait. I was just playing on my phone, but then it started to get really cold. I started to get goosebumps and wished that Hoya would get here already. I began to shiver a little, but then I felt something was put on me; it was a jacket. I looked around, but there wasn’t anyone in sight. ‘How weird’ I thought. Hoya called a few minutes later.

“Hello? Are you here?” I asked him.

“Jinah… I’m really sorry, but do you think you can take a taxi home or something? Taeyeon is throwing up real bad and I don’t think I can just leave her.” I heard the toilet flush in the background.

I sighed. “I guess.”

“I’m sorry! I’ll make it up to you later! Get home safely.”

I hung up and was about to call a taxi, but then I realize I didn’t have any cash on me since I didn’t bring a wallet and Taeyeon paid for my drink. I didn’t live too far maybe about a 45 minute walk so I decided to walk; at least I had a jacket that was mysteriously given to me. It was nice walking at night, everything was calm and peaceful. There weren’t that many cars out so all I heard were the clicking of my heels. However after awhile I felt as if someone was following me, but every time I turned around I didn’t see anyone.            

A voice made me jump. “You know a girl walking alone at this hour isn’t very safe.” Someone appeared out of nowhere right beside me.

“Oh goodness, you scared me.” I said as I put a hand over my heart. I looked at him and recognized that it was the guy at the bar.

It was silent for awhile as we walked side by side. “You know… you don’t have to walk with me. I can walk by myself.” I started saying.

He didn’t say anything. I kept staring at him. He was very handsome but his poker face intimidates me. As I was walking my feet began to hurt and I began to walk slower and slower.

“Why are you walking so slowly?” he asked me as I began to trail behind.

I stopped for a moment and took off my heels. “My feet hurt.” I replied to him.

He stopped and crouched down. “Get on.”

I shook my head. “Oh no! I could walk on my own, don’t worry.”

He stared at me with his ice cold eyes and I gulped. He was still crouching. “I guess…” I mumbled to myself. I got onto his back and blushed. This has never happened to me before. I breathed in his scent; he smelled really nice and warm.

“Why are you so nice to me, when you don’t even know me?” I asked him.

Again, he didn’t say anything. I just sighed and felt a since of déjà vu of how Sungyeol helped me earlier in the day and now this mysterious guy is carrying me on his back. My eyes started getting heavy and I fell asleep, but before I did, I mumbled my address to him.

 

_____

When I woke up I was in my bed still in the jacket and the dress. I went downstairs and found my aunt watching tv. It was about late afternoon.

“Wow, you’re finally awake!” she exclaimed.

I nodded. “Gomo, how did I get home?”

She smiled. “A boy brought you home on his back and he said you could keep the jacket. You must’ve partied hard my dear.”

I blushed. I combed my hair with my fingers as I walked back upstairs. “I didn’t even get his name.” I mumbled to myself.