Lee Sungyeol

The Fallen One

 

Jinah’s POV.

It was a Saturday morning and I had to wake up early for work. I groaned as I got out of bed, I didn’t want to go, but I had too.  After getting ready, I went downstairs and found my aunt sitting at the table drinking coffee and reading a newspaper.  

“Good morning sunshine!” my aunt, Hei greeted me and handing me a plate.

“Good morning gomo.” I said to her as I sat down and ate what she put in front of me.

“Work today?” she asked me.

I nodded. “I’ll be back later tonight though; Taeyeon has been pestering me to hang out with her after work.” I finished my breakfast and put the plate in the sink.  

Hei smiled. “Alright, be safe!” I kissed her on the cheek and left the house.

Hei sighed. Jinah is seventeen now, it’s been fifteen years since Hyunsu left. Will he ever be coming back? She’s lived a normal and peaceful life so far, but can she live like this forever? She’s going to find out eventually that she’s immortal. She won’t be able to age after she’s twenty one.    

 

I was walking towards the small coffee house a couple of blocks away. It was such a beautiful day that I was preoccupied with the scenery around me. I had my headphones in and was listening to music while I was crossing the streets. I didn’t notice that a car was heading straight towards me and the driver happened to be drunk. It was my turn to walk but the car kept driving. I was about to get hit, but I felt someone push me and I landed on the floor and that’s when I saw the car drive past me at a high speed. I could’ve gotten killed, I thought.  

“You should be more careful while walking.” I heard the person say to me as we both lay on the ground.

I took my headphones out and blushed as I saw how close I was to him. He had brown hair and his eyes were brown and somewhat chinky, his face was flawless. He was wearing a white button up with blue pants. He was like an angel that was sent to save me. “Thhankks… for saving me.” I finally manage to say after staring at him for quite awhile. I was tempted to touch his face, but I didn’t.

We both get up. “Where are you headed?” he asked me.

“The Toffee Coffee House.” I answered and pointed forward.

“I’ll walk with you.” he offered.   

I shook my head. “Oh no! It’s okay! I think I’ve caused you enough trouble.”

“I will anyway.” He said and smiled at me.

I sighed and we started walking.

“So what’s your name?” he asked me.

“Jinah, Shin Jinah. Yours?”

“Lee Sungyeol.” He smiled at me again. His smile was to die for. We talked for a little bit while walking.

We arrived at the coffee house in about 5 minutes. “Thank you for walking with me, but it wasn’t necessary.” I bowed to him.

“It was no problem.” He began to walk away with his hands in his pockets.

I wonder if I’ll ever get to see him again.

I walked in and the aroma of coffee surrounded me. My coworker, Chaejin greeted me happily. “Jinah! I hope you’re ready to work today.”

I chuckled at her. “Of course.” I went behind the counter grabbed my work clothes and went in the backroom to change.

 

When my shift ended I saw Taeyeon, my best friend enter the shop.

“JINAHHHHH!” I heard Taeyeon squeal as she entered. “I HOPE YOU’RE READY TO HAVE FUN TONIGHT!”

I just laughed. “Let’s not do anything crazy. Just let me change my clothes and say goodbye to Chaejin before we leave.” I went into the backroom and changed; saying goodbye to Chaejin as Taeyeon drags me out.

“What are we going to do tonight?”

Taeyeon looked at me mischievously and winked. “Surprise honey.”

I knew that look she was giving me. “Taeyeon, I refuse to go clubbing with you again. You go crazy!”

She pouted. “Come on Jinah, you need to lighten up! We start school again very soon, let’s just have some fun! I even got Hoya to agree to come.”

I raised my eyebrows at her. “Hoya is going?

“Yes! Now let’s go shopping for some new dresses and heels. I’ll even pay for you.”

I sighed. I couldn’t really argue with her and just let her lead me to the mall. When we entered I saw someone familiar sitting at a table sipping on bubble tea. It was Lee Sungyeol. He noticed that I was looking at him and waved. I felt a bit embarrassed and waved back. Taeyeon was about to pull me into a store, but stopped.

“I think it’s better if I just pick and buy it for you instead of you choosing it yourself because I know you’ll go with something a grandma would wear.” She rolled her eyes.

I pouted at her. “Go look around other stores and I’ll call you when I’m done.” She pushed me away.

I sigh; I didn’t know what to do now so I wandered into a stationary store. I was looking at pencils since I needed to buy some before school started. There was one that was placed up high and I couldn’t reach it. I went on my tippy toes hoping to grab it and an arm came out of nowhere and got it for me.

“Thank you!” I said as I turn to look at the person that got it for me. “Oh it’s you Sungyeol ssi.”

“We meet again.”

I nodded. “Yes, we meet again, and again I am thanking you.”  

He chuckled. “It’s alright. Are you going school shopping?”

“No, I’m actually waiting for my friend to be done and I decided to just buy a couple of things.” I replied to him.

“Mind if I tag along? I was supposed to meet my friends here, but they didn’t show up yet.”

I shook my head. “I don’t mind! You can help me reach all of the things on the top shelf.”

He pouted. “Wow Jinah, using me already! I feel hurt.” He touched his heart and pretended to be in pain.

I giggled. “I’m just kidding!”

I was kidding since I didn’t have to grab anything on the top shelves anymore. Sungyeol followed me to each of the stores that I wanted to go. I would ask his opinion about the things I bought. Some girls looked at me with envy, but I didn’t really notice it. He was fun to be around; he told jokes and a couple of funny stories.  

“Sungyeol ssi should I get the blue one or the pink one?” I held out two button ups.

“Hmmm… the pink one!” he pointed to the one in my left hand.

“Okay!” I went to pay and then my phone vibrated. Taeyeon had texted me that she was done and she was ready to leave.

I walked out of the store with Sungyeol.

“Well I have to go now. Thanks for keeping me company.” I smiled and bowed before walking away. I met up with Taeyeon at the entrance. She held out a couple of bags.

“Now let’s go party! Watch out Taenah is coming!” I laughed at my best friend.

 

Sungyeol’s POV.

I watched her walk away; hanging out with her today wasn’t that bad. Maybe this won’t be so hard after all. She seems like a really sweet girl, you would never expect her to be half demon/half angel. I was walking out when Luhan texted me

Report back to us when progress is made.

I texted back

Alright.

I felt my phone vibrate again.

Also be on a lookout for any demons that appear.

Demons? I thought. Why would they be here?