Mother

The Fallen One

 

I looked around; there wasn’t anything in sight; all I see is white light; bright white light everywhere. Am I lost? Where am I? Am I dreaming?  

“Shin Jinah.” I heard an angelic voice call out to me.

“Who’s there?” I asked as I looked around, I didn’t see anyone.   

Then someone appeared out of nowhere. She had long black hair and was wearing all white. What surprised me the most was that there were angel’s wings sticking out of her back.  

I stepped back as she walked closer to me. “Who are you?” I was beginning to get scared. Did I die or something? Why is there an angel in front of me?

“I’m Kim Yeona.” She smiled and opened her arms.

I gasped. “Mom?...”

She nodded. “Yes, now come here my child. You’ve grown so much.” I stepped towards her and she gave me a hug.

“Am I dead?” I whispered as I was in her arms; it was so comforting.  

She shook her head. “Oh no honey, you’re just dreaming.”

“You’ve never appeared in my dreams before though…” I said as I stepped back and stared at her. My mom was beautiful.  

“I know, I’m sorry. I’m sorry I haven’t been there for you. I’m sorry your father left you. I’m sorry Jinah, I’m really sorry.” It looked like she was about to cry.

I hugged her again. “It’s okay mom. It’s not your fault. If it wasn’t for you, I wouldn’t even be alive.”

“Well now I have something to tell you.”

“What is it?” I asked curiously.

“Be cautious about the new people that you meet. They’re more than what meets the eye and don’t give your heart to them so easily.”

“Huh?” I was confused.

“Goodbye my love, maybe I’ll see you again.” And with that, she started to fade away. “I love you, Jinah.”

“WAIT!” I called out but it was too late, she disappeared. I began to just wander around because I didn’t know where to go, but then I heard another voice, a louder one.

“Jinah, wake up.” My aunt was shaking me. “Jinah.”

I opened my eyes and hugged my aunt; tears began to run down my cheek. “Gomo.”

“What is it dear? Why are you crying?” she asked me.

“My mom appeared in my dream…”

She didn’t say anything and just let me sobbed for awhile.

 

It was Sunday and tomorrow would be the start of a new term. I wasn’t really excited because I didn’t like school much, but I didn’t hate it. I called Taeyeon, but she didn’t pick up so I just decided to just stay home and clean around the house, my aunt left for work and won’t be back until dinnertime.

I don’t know why I cried when I woke up, but I just did. I’ve never seen any pictures of my mom and seeing her in my dream just took me by surprised, but I knew it was my mom, I just knew it was.  

I wonder what she was trying to tell me though, about the new people that I meet and about not giving my heart to them so easily. The only new people that I’ve met would have to be Sungyeol and that mysterious boy. Does she mean them? Or am I going to meet more new people? I sigh, why did she have to leave me such a difficult message?

 

Myungsoo’s POV.

I really don’t like the human world. They’re just so weak, vulnerable, and dumb. I don’t even understand how they survive.  

My mind keeps going back to that girl. Shin Jinah… she just seems so sweet and innocent, it disgusts me, but there’s just something about her that interests me as well. How she wasn’t scared of me and how I willingly gave her a piggyback ride home. Why did I do that again? I don’t even know.

However… I do know that her aunt glared at me when I brought her home, but also thanked me for bringing her back safely; she was a demon, a powerful one too. I have a question though.

If Jinah lives with a demon, why did she have an angel’s smell on her, like she was around an angel for the day or something?      

 

short chapter T_T; but I just felt the need to update!