New Students

The Fallen One

 

I walk through the hallways toward my locker, greeting people along the way as they greeted me. I practically knew everyone in the school because I was currently student body president. As I was getting my books from my locker someone came and ruffled my hair.

“Good Morning Jinah!” he said brightly.

“Morning Hoya! Where’s Tae?” I asked him as I looked around.

Hoya shrugged. “I don’t know, probably running late or something like she usually is.” He opened his backpack and handed me sheets of paper.

I took them from him, looking them over for a couple of seconds. “New students?”

He nodded. “Two actually.”

I looked at the names, one of them familiar while the other one wasn’t, Lee Sungyeol and Kim Myungsoo.

“Well I have to go now; Mr. Kang has some paperwork he wants me to fill out. I’ll catch you later Miss. President.”

I waved at Hoya as he walked off. School was about to start soon and I had to take these papers to the main office for the new students. I had about five minutes left and decided to go to my homeroom class early. I was surprised to see someone sitting at my desk; it looked like he was writing something down.

“Excuse me?” I tapped on his shoulder. “You’re sitting in my seat.”

He looked up and smiled at me. “We meet yet again.”

I chuckled as I recognized who it was. “The third time now, I believe?”

He nodded and put down his pen. “I didn’t know you were student body president.”

“And I didn’t know you were going to attend this school. Hi Sungyeol-ssi”

He smiled sheepishly. “Yeah… also you can just call me Sungyeol, no need to be formal.”

“Alright! Now get out of my seat.” I playfully pushed his shoulder.

“Okay, okay! No need to get pushy.” He got up as I sat down and the teacher walked in.

She looked at me first, then at Sungyeol. “Good Morning, Jinah.”

“Good Morning Mrs. Park, this is Lee Sungyeol a new student.” I pointed to Sungyeol.

She nodded at me. “Just be sure to introduce yourself when class starts.” Sungyeol bowed slightly. “Neh.”

The bell rang indicating class was going to start soon, when everyone came in Sungyeol introduced himself in front of the class. I could hear girls whispering about how good looking he was. Class went by slow and boring as usual, but I didn’t mind. Sungyeol sat in the desk next to me and kept cracking jokes. Mrs. Park had to tell him to be quiet multiple times; not the best first impression for Sungyeol, but whatever.

I also noticed that the other new student hasn’t showed up yet. He was also supposed to be in my first period class as well. Did he get lost? Or was he just not going to show up? I didn’t have any other classes with Sungyeol, but I decided to show him around beforehand so he wouldn’t get lost.

Lunch came by pretty quickly, I walked towards the cafeteria where I usually ate lunch.

“Jinah, my baby.” I heard Taeyeon coo as she ran towards me. “I’m so sorry about the other night. I scolded Hoya for not taking you home though.”

I smiled at her,“It’s alright Tae, no big deal, I promise.”

“Jinah!” I heard someone call out my name. I turn around.

“Hi Sungyeol.” I saw Taeyeon eye him up and down.

“Who’s this?” she whispers to me.

“Kim Taeyeon this is Lee Sungyeol.” I said as I pointed to each of them.

“Nice to meet you.” Taeyeon stuck out her hand.

“Nice to meet you as well.” He shook her hand.

Taeyeon grabbed onto my arm. “Let’s go eat Jinah, I’m starving.”  

I looked at Sungyeol. “You should join us!”

He shook his head. “Thanks, but no thanks; I have to go do something.”

“Oh, alright then. Also if you need anything, feel free to ask!”  

 

I walked inside the cafeteria with Taeyeon, I saw Hoya waving at us from our table. I went to go grab some food before heading over to where he was.

“So did you meet the new students yet?” he asked me as I sat down.

“Just one, Lee Sungyeol. I didn’t see the other one yet, he didn’t show up to homeroom and I don’t remember what other classes we had together. Kim Myungsoo right?”

“Yeah. He was late to first period, but he gave the teacher this mean old glare and she just excused him. He also goes by ‘L’ instead of Myungsoo. He seems like a cold person, hopefully you don’t have any classes with him, and he’s scary.”

I saw Taeyeon roll her eyes. “You’re just a wimp Hoya.” She told him.

 

After lunch, Taeyeon and I had science together. As class was starting, the door swiftly opened and someone stepped inside. Mrs. Park turned around and looked at him.

“You’re late Mr. Kim and you didn’t show up to homeroom this morning.”

He didn’t say anything and just glared at her. Mrs. Park wasn’t fazed though. “Go sit down and be sure not to be late tomorrow.     

Taeyeon poked my back. “He does look scary.” She whispered to me.

I looked up from what I was writing and dropped my pencil.

It was him.