o7

The Blind Kid

For the first time in the past month Minho had never felt a longer weekend. It had only occurred to him then that it was the only time he was alone. Truly alone. Not even his knew secretary, Key was around. He was done with work for the day and wasn’t in the mood to start on anything new. Not knowing how else to occupy himself he decided to go for walk.

 

“Shoulda stayed inside.” Onew spat as he and Jonghyun watched from across the street. Putting out their cigarettes and hopping off the brick wall they made their way over.

 

Minho was feeling his way along the fence when he heard unfamiliar footsteps, but recognized the voices immediately.

 

“Enjoying our walk, are we?”

 

Minho didn’t get a chance to reply. As soon as he turned to face the voices there was a sharp pain in his side. He felt raw hands on his shoulders as he received another blow to the stomach. Minho did his best to fight off his opponents, but being blind the others had the advantage.

 

Seeing as he wasn’t going down easy, Jonghyun took the opportunity and swung his skateboard across Minho’s face sending him flying against the fence and onto the floor. Sunglasses broken.

 

Once on the floor it made things easier for them to kick him in the face and ribcage. Minho did his best to cover himself, but got to the point where he just gave up. They finally stopped after they heard a faint horrid crack.  

 

“Let’s get out of here.” Onew instructed the other. He saw someone running towards them in the distance.

 

“Think twice before making him cry again, punk.” Jonghyun said spitting in Minho’s face.

 

Minho made him cry? Knowing that hurt a lot more than the beating he had just received. Taemin's sweet laughter, turned into sobs caused by him. Taemin’s radiant smile Minho missed feeling. Now Taemin was somewhere crying at the harsh words they had exchanged. Minho was just as bad a friend as Taemin was. Then he remembered they weren’t friends.

 

“Oh my god! Minho!” Minho heard Key cries. Minho was surprised to see him out here.

 

“Key…w-what are you..” Minho trailed off, hissing in pain as the sting in his ribs grew by the second.

 

“I came to see if you needed anything.” Key said sniffling seeing his friend on the ground, blood running down his nose and the side of his face, bruises already forming a deep purple. He did his best to help the other up.

 

“Let’s get you to a hospital.”