o5

The Blind Kid

For the first time in a long time Minho had woken up in his own bed. It was strange seeing as he was the only one in the house. It was the one thing he had been avoiding all this time.

 

Again he didn’t have the heart to tell Taemin he didn’t like being there, but stayed when Taemin drove home around midnight.

 

There was a loud pounding at the door, derailing Minho’s thoughts and after 5 minutes of it not ceasing he made his way to the front door, grunting.

 

“Took you long enough.” Taemin said with a small chuckle. ”I was starting to think hit your head and died.”

 

“What are you doing here so early?” Minho asked surprised. “Don’t you have school?”

 

“I don’t feel like going. Hyung, let’s go to the beach.”

 

“The beach? No offense, Tae, but I don’t think your dingy motorcycle will make the trip.”

 

“It’s not dingy!” Taemin defended his bike cutely. “Besides I borrowed my mom’s car.”

 

“Does she know?”

 

“...We’ll worry about that when we get back.”

 

Taemin drove with the car roof down. Minho stretched his hands out letting the cool breeze whip his hair in all crazy directions. He sang along to the song the radio surprising Taemin that he had a decent voice. Taemin joined in as well.

 

After about a half an hour's drive later of curving around the moutian side, the car came to a slow halt and both males got out of the car.

 

“Why is it so quiet?”

 

“Not a lot of people know about this place.” Taemin explained.

 

Minho followed the sound of crashing water and before he knew it his shoes were soaked. Taemin laughed. He figured even a math prodigy would know to remove his shoes before getting into the water.

 

“Hey, Tae…” Taemin walked over and was unexpectedly splashed by salty water.

 

“Yah, it’s cold!”

 

Taemin did his best to sneak up on the other to tackle him now and again, but Minho was fast to change their positions so both fell into the water. Coming back up for air, Taemin caught a glimpse though Minho’s white shirt at just how toned he actually was.

 

“Damn…” Taemin said observing Minho’s sculpted body.

 

“What? Blind people can’t work out too?”

 

Taemin quickly blushes realizing he had said that out loud.

 

For someone who had never been, Minho knew how to have fun, letting his inner child take over. Taemin came up with a game. He found seashells and had Minho guess what color they were. As hard as he tried to trick the elder, Minho figured it out with just the of his fingertips. Sometimes he’d let them glide over Taemin’s palm.

 

After a while of laughing, roughhousing and throwing each other into the water they both wandered out and sat in the sand just far enough so the waves could hit their feet. Minho inhaled deeply and leaned back on his hands. The fishy breeze mixed with Taemin’s sweet shampoo filled his senses. It was then Minho realized the younger boy leaning his head on his shoulder.

 

“Thank you for today,” Minho said quietly resting his head on the other.

 

Taemin simply smiled as he watched the sky grow dark.

 

He didn’t want today to end.