o4

The Blind Kid

Eventually the hours Taemin spent with Minho got longer. So did the conversations.

 

Minho found himself focusing less on his work and more on the redhead that came to visit him.

 

Even though it was involuntary, he enjoyed Taemin’s company still unaware as to how much Taemin enjoyed these visits too.

 

They started going on walks, revealing more about themselves. Minho spilling how he’s never been to the beach despite how close they were and Taemin spilling he’s never been kissed despite how many people he’s dated.

 

They started watching movies in the building’s lounge. Minho listened attentively to the characters dialogue while Taemin described the scenes every now and then.

 

He wasn’t sure when it happened, but Taemin found himself hurrying to finish whatever work he had to do in order to hurry over to where Minho was, excited as to what they would talk about this time.

 

“What do you mean you haven’t been home in 2 weeks?” Taemin asked not believing his hyung.

 

“Exactly that. I don’t really have a ride and I can’t drive myself because well…” Minho chuckled at the obvious.

 

“I’ll do it.”

 

“Do what?”

 

“Give you a ride.”

 

“Tae-”

 

“C’mon. I’m actually quite curious to see where you live. I hope you don’t mind. I only have a cheap motor cycle, but it gets me where I need to go.”

 

Sensing Taemin’s excitement Minho didn’t have the heart to deny his request to see his home. Minho held on tight to Taemin’s waist as they drove to the outskirts of the city. Directing him on where to go they were there in no time.

 

It was a decent size house, big enough for a small family. Even though Minho hadn’t been there in a while he knew exactly where everything was.

 

Taemin asked where his family was.

 

Minho avoided the question.

 

“I’d offer you food, but I’m afraid I don’t have any.”

 

“Nonsense,” Taemin smiled taking out a box from a cupboard. “You have cake mix and we’re in luck cuz you still have eggs.” He said eyeing the inside of the fridge.

 

“Bake away,” Minho said as he turned to walk to the living room.

 

“Where do you think you’re going? You’re gonna to help me.” Taemin frowned hooking his arm to Minho’s and leading him to the counter.

 

“Me? What can I do?”

 

“You mix.” The redhead instructed, placing the bowl of cake mix with water and egg in front of Minho. He stood behind him and placed whisk in his hand.

 

Both felt little jolts of electricity run through when they made contact, but were too scared to voice it. Instead Taemin helped the older boy, guiding his hands showing him how things were done.

 

“Just like that.”

 

“Arasso, Tae,” Minho smiled, seeing he wasn’t going to get out of it.

 

“That’s Chef Tae to you.” Taemin corrected him causing Minho to chuckle.