Crash Landing

MAMA, the EXOtic

"Now, now... m'am," Chen said, standing up and putting his hands out in defense.

MAMA turned her head and glared at him, her gun pointing accordingly. Chen gulped.

"Let's not be hasty or anything. I'm sure we can work this o-."

"Get her!" Kris shouted, cutting Chen off.

Kris tackled MAMA down, catching her by surprise. The two of them flew into the pilot's pit, landing on top of the control panel. MAMA looked back at the panel with rounded eyes. D.O. quickly jumped in and stole MAMA's gun away from her. Chanyeol's eyes darted around the pit, looking for something to tie MAMA with. MAMA struggled against Kris' tight hold. When all else failed, she slammed her teeth against Kris' shoulder and bit down.

"Gah!" Kris yelped in pain. "Guys! Do something! She's gnawing through my shoulder."

Kai sighed hesitantly and stepped into the pit. He pushed Kris away and pulled MAMA off the control panel. Pushing down her shoulders, he caused her to get on her knees. Swiftly, he grabbed her arms and twisted them behind her back, making sure she couldn't move. Chanyeol finally found an emergency rope in one of the compartments and handed it to Kai. Trying to be as gentle as he could, Kai tied MAMA's hands up behind her back. Once he was done, he went around her and crouched down before her. She stared at him with her soul piercing eyes.

"Now, before something happens again, tell us where you are taking us," Kai said in a stern voice.

"I don't have to say anything," MAMA retorted, sitting back on her ankles.

"Yes, you do! You kidnapped us!" Chanyeol shouted angrily stepping towards MAMA.

Tao stepped in and held his arm out in front of Chanyeol. Chanyeol swiveled his head around and shot Tao a threatening look. Tao stood his ground.

"Let's not be rash. She is a girl. You can't hit a girl," Tao warned. He then crouched down next to MAMA and tried to quietly coax her into speaking. "There seems to be some kind of misunderstanding here. Would you mind explaining what's going on here?"

"I'm obliged to not speak if I do not wish to," MAMA retorted, expressionless.

"Please?" Tao begged, pouting.

MAMA stared at Tao before sighing and eventually, breaking. 

"We are headed to a planet by the name of EXO. If you haven't realized it, you better realize it now. You're all adopted for a reason. You aren't from Earth, you are from EXO. You are EXO boys. More than that, you twelve are the twelve Guardians of EXO. Right now, the Tree of Life, the source of life for EXO, is dying. It needs your help to once again gain its strength. We've tried everything to delay your coming home to EXO but there's just nothing left to do. The Darkness is growing, and it's eating the Tree of Life alive. You have to help the Tree! You must fulfill your duty!" MAMA explained quickly in one breath.

The boys stood around and stared at her as if she was crazy. They were all from a different planet? They didn't believe it. Tao bit his lip in disbelief.

"So... you're telling us that we're aliens?" Tao asked.

"No, you're not aliens. You are EXO boys, natives from the planet of EXO," MAMA denied.

"That's highly illogical. There's no way we're from a different planet. We are definitely not in space. This is probably a test module of some kind," Suho condescended, turning to face the boys. "She's probably just some crazy girl doing some test experiment for a company of some sort. I assure you, there is no planet..."

The boys' eyes widened as they stared out the pilot's windshield. As Suho spoke to himself, Sehun tapped on Suho's shoulder and pointed out the windshield.

"EX... Oh," Suho gasped as he turned around.

The boys watched in awe as the spaceship flew closer and closer to a bright, moon-like planet. The ship grew closer... and closer... and soon, alarms were going off all around the ship. The boys began panicking, unsure as to what was going on.

"Why is the alarm going off?" D.O. shouted, hanging onto a seat as the ship suddenly started diving.

MAMA calmly sat on the ground. She blinked and stared blankly down the ship's aisle between the seats.

"When you pushed me against the panel, you turned the auto pilot off. Long story short, we're plummeting into the surface of EXO," she explained calmly, unfazed by the red lights and blaring sirens.

"Do something then!" Chanyeol shouted.

"I can't," MAMA replied.

"Why not?" Chanyeol snapped with irritation in his tone.

MAMA stood up and turned around. "You tied my hands up."

"For goodness sakes," D.O. grumbled, running into the pilot's pit.

He grabbed the top loop of the tie and pulled on the rope, easily snapping it to free MAMA. MAMA shook her arms and unraveled the rope. She quickly plopped down just as the spacecraft took a nosedive toward the ground.

"Entering the EXO atmosphere," the spacecraft spoke in a robotic voice.

"Shut up!" MAMA groaned, pulling the wheel all the way back. "Hang on to something!"

The boys grabbed onto the seats and held on for their dear lives. Sehun folded his hands and silently prayed his last wishes. MAMA pulled the wheel with all her might, and the spacecraft began leveling out again. But not before it hit the ground, bouncing a few times before skidding to a stop. The spacecraft whirred and thumped. It began powering down; the control panel beeping and squeaking as it died out. Smoke rose from all corners of the spacecraft. Hyperventilating, Baekhyun looked out the window. All he could see was sand stretching for miles every which way.

"What... what the hell?" Baekhyun asked, putting his hand to the window.

MAMA sighed and left the pilot's pit, opening the emergency door. The door hissed as it lifted up, releasing a set of stairs down to the ground. MAMA climbed down with the boys filing after her. Xiumin put a hand on his forehead to shield his eyes from the sun as he searched the horizon.

"Where are we?" He asked, tugging on his shirt to relieve the hot air radiating from his body.