3

I Hate Being Baekhyun's Little Sister

Automatically EXO’s heads turned to the rectangular object….except for Chen.

----

Lay looked at his left and eyed who was busy staring at something. Lay followed Chen’s gaze only to see the young girl preparing foods and the table. He suddenly felt something weird. Why is Chen so focus in staring at Jaehyun? His thought got interrupted when he heard someone’s stomach growled.

 

“Sorry” Xiumin said sheepishly. Tao snorted, “Hyung, you just ate 4 baozis just now and you’re still hungry?”. Xiumin pouted. Lay smiled and saw that Chen at last snapped out of his gaze and let out a soft chuckle.



Meanwhile, Baekhyun didn’t even realized what was going on with Xiumin’s stomach. He was too busy in his own world.  Jaehyun had been so rude an hour ago. He saw the look on her face. She was hiding something. Something that’s been troubling her. But what was it? The only reason Baekhyun came back here was because he missed spending time with his one and only younger sister. She used to be all happy and full of joy but what she did today kept bothering Baekhyun. Does she…does she hate me?



When Chanyeol saw his best friend biting his nails, he immediately knew what was going inside of the boy’s head. Although Chanyeol had no younger sister, he knew how it felt. He knew the feeling of seeing someone you used to know and found out they’ve changed completely. Chanyeol sighed sadly as he re-called his memory of the girl. The girl who used to be his.
 

 

Abruptly, the front door opened and came in an old couple who could only be Baekhyun’s and Jaehyun’s parents. Kris got up as fast as lightning and gestured the boys to stand also.

 

“Appa!” Jaehyun grinned,she ran from the kitchen into the father’s arms. “Missed you!”

 

“Me too, my lovely daughter” The man laughed and pinched her nose. Jaehyun then stood properly and glanced at the EXO members. Her eyes caught Chen’s stare and he looked away while scratching his neck. His face was red from embarrassment.

 

Baekhyun stepped forward and smiled happily.

 

“Baekhyun ah”

 

“Neh appa, it’s me.” Baekhyun lounged forward and hugged his old man. Mr Byun groaned at first but chuckled afterwards. “Aigoo my son”

 

The scene was breathtaking to the EXO boys. Tao almost cried at the happy scene. Sehun pinched Tao’s arm and hissed. Eventually, Tao pouted and moved away from Sehun. Chanyeol whacked EXO-K’s maknae’s head and Sehun winced while Luhan glared at the tall boy and comforted Sehun. Kris and Suho massaged their heads. These kids…

 

“And who are they?”

 

“Sorry sir, I’m Kris” Kris bowed 90 degress.
“My name is Suho.”
“I’m Chanyeol”
“Lay is the name , Mr Byun”
“Sehun imnida!”
“My name is Xiumin.”
“I’m Tao! Nice to meet you uncle! Ouch!”

Tao got pinched again but this time by Kris. “Don’t call him uncle!” Duizhang snapped. The man laughed , “Oh it’s fine. Call me uncle if you want to, Tao”      “Neh!” Tao sticked out his tongue at the leader.


“Anyway, I’m Luhan”
“I’m Kai”
“D.O imnida”
“Hello sir, I’m Chen. I must say your home looks really amazing. Just looking at the structures, decorations and the wooden floor you used, is it _____? Very exotic, sir. By looking at this house, it’s obvious you are a talented architect”

 

Everyone in the room stared at Chen in disbelief even Jaehyun. The man was startled and happy that someone had finally praised his hard works. Chen’s introduction left a mark on the man’s mind. Such a fine young boy. “Well, Chen, I’m glad you like it here.”

 

Chen felt stupid that he let those words came out carelessly. It was not like he tried to attract the attention, he was really fascinated with the designs. s knew he had always liked the engineering world. Call him nerdy, but if he wasn’t in a boy band then he’d probably be studying overseas taking engineering. However the look on Jaehyun’s face explained everything. Her frown showed that she was judging him. She must think I’m a show-off . Chen hid his inner feelings and let out a small smile.

 

“I made dinner.” Jaehyun spoke up.

 

“Really? That’s good. Come on, gentlemen. Let’s eat!”



------

Baekhyun’s POV

 

Dinner was awkward.  Everyone was seated and Chanyeol purposely sat next to Kris so that Jaehyun sat beside me. I smiled and ruffled her hair as she sat down but she shoved my hand away “Don’t ruin my hair”.  I was speechless. Even though I didn’t look at everyone’s reaction, I knew they were all stunned.  That was embarrassing, I tried to focus on my food after the little scene.

 

“How was school?” Mom brought out a topic to kill the silence.

 

“It was good”.

 

“Anything happened at school today?” it was dad’s turn.

 

 

She shook her head.

 


“This food is really good. How did you learn to cook this?” D.O. asked.



“My mom, duh”

 

“So … Jaehyun, I heard you’re one of the top students at school. You beat my cousin in 2nd place. Is that true?”  Chanyeol joined his hands and grinned at her.

 

“Will you please stop asking questions” She said in a completely blank face. I put down my fork.

 

“Will you stop being so rude” I said sternly. My temper was rising.

 

“I said please didn’t i?” She had a sarcastic tone in her voice.

 

“Damnit Jaehyun, what’s your problem?!”

 

“Baekhyun” Dad warned me. She got up from her seat and looked at me.

 

“You wanna know what my problem is Byun Baekhyun? You! You are my problem! And so are the others.”

 

She stomped upstairs. At that moment, my hand curled into a fist. Mom was shocked and so was dad. Not to mention the whole EXO.Without noticing, my eyes got teary.