Chapter 7

Forgotten Love

    That night I lay in bed crying, cried for hours  snuggling a pillow after a while I heard dad come home he looked into my and saw me crying so he came in. “what’s wrong?” he asked me standing at the end of my bed, “why should you care, you’ve never cared about my feelings before ever since mom got home you do everything that’s possible to be away from us” I tell him looking him straight in the eyes. “That’s not true” he says “I have always cared about you and your mom, I love you and your mom more than anything you two mean the world to me” I could tell he was about to cry and I could smell beer on him. “It is true!” I say “ever since mom got sick all you do is go to the bar get drunk or else your messing around with that maid that doesn’t even do anything around the house anymore! She feels like she’s the women of the house when she’s not! Mom still is and she will be till she dies!” All of a sudden all I could feel was a sting across my face, my lip was bleeding. I was so mad that I started screaming at him even louder, dad was angry too he was holding me by the shoulders and shaking me, I can’t remember how many times he slapped me because I “offended” Mabel. “Mabel is nothing! She doesn’t even care about you! All she cares about is your money!” I said to him but he wouldn’t listen to him he was about to slap me when we heard Lee Joon say “don’t you dare lay a hand on her!” we both looked over at him and I pushed dad off of me then ran to Lee Joon's side. Dad looked at us both and then left, Lee Joon looked down at me and brushed my hair away from my face “Are you okay?” he asked me, I nodded and looked down. “What were you doing here?” I ask him and look up at him brushing his hand away from my face. “I came to talk to you about what happened today I was at the door and was going to ring the doorbell until I heard screaming so I decided to come in to see if you were okay.” I look at him still upset because of what happened but relieved because he came at the right moment “oh I see” I say, we sit on the bed and he tells me everything that happened, how he and Meng Jia were just talking then she all of a sudden goes in and kisses him for no reason. I forgave him and we kissed for a while and then he asked me what had been going on, I told him the story about my dad and me catching him in the office having with the maid when I was 10 and how betrayed I felt for what he did I told him how that linked to why I hadn’t said yes to him right away and he understood everything.

    That night was the last time I saw or heard of dad Lee Joon and I got married at 21, after surgeries and chemotherapy’s mom got healthy and she was able to talk, walk and see 4 grand kids be born. Life was good..