Chapter 1

Forgotten Love

      I’m five again, I’m laughing while dad spins me around in a circle under the warm summer sun; he is smiling and watching me with his warm blue eyes. Mom sits to the side with her long brown hair up in a bun, smiling at us while her long white dress dances in the air. Dad stops spinning me and sets me down; we both wave at her and blow her a kiss, and she chuckles and blows a kiss back, never parting her big green eyes from us. Dad picks me up and puts me up on his shoulders then walks to mo. We sit down next to her.  Me on dad’s lap, we laugh and talk and hug each other. I look over and see a deer. I point at it, then I turn over to mom to see what she says, something has happened to her, she’s a skeleton; nothing is left of her but her dress. I cry and look over to realize that dad is gone too, I’m all alone I don’t know what to do.

      I wake up and realize that not only was I crying in my dream, but I was also crying in real life. I wipe my tears then head out to the bathroom and brush my teeth. I go to check on my mom next and see that she’s okay; her head wrapped in a towel. I walk towards her and kiss her cheek, while she sleeps, then I get out and close the door behind me. After I’m done getting dressed I go down to the kitchen and find dad sitting at the table drinking coffee and reading the newspaper he looks up at me “ hi there sweetie” he says to me smiling. “Hey “I say not bothering to look at him, I scavenge around the kitchen looking for something quick to eat before heading out to school. I pass dads office and I peek in my head fills with nasty memories that I want to forget, I leave the house angry at the memories.