Chapter 3

Forgotten Love

After school is over I walk home with my friend Bae Suzy we talk about our day and the classes we had until I reach my house and I say goodbye. I walk into the house and go into the kitchen I see dad sitting at the table and the maid standing near the stove, they are smiling at each other. I watch them in disgust, grab an apple then I leave and walk up the stairs towards my room. I pass by my mom’s room and notice that the door is opened “Mabel must have had come up to check on her” I think to myself looking into her room, I decide to go in and sit on her bed it smells of medicine and has an aura of loneliness. Ever since mom got sick dad doesn’t sleep in the same room as her “it saddens me to see her like that” is what he always says. I watch mom sleep, tubes connected to her arms I sigh and think of all the good memories I have of us together playing “guess what mom? Today I met a really cute boy his name is Lee Joon we spent the whole lunch period talking, sadly that’s the only course we have together”. I tell my mom everything me and Lee Joon talked about trying not to cry and look strong I want her to know that I can be strong even though she’s not with me, I kiss her forehead and whisper “I love you” to her.