Chapter 3

The curse of 100%

The released day of Mock Examination...

Author's Pov:

The day of Mock Examination result. Every students were rushing to the school noticeboard to check out their results. While for Min Young, she doesn't bother much for her results, because every year, she will scored top for her studies. Min Young had been top for these 3 years and none of them have beat down her record yet. Min Young thought she will be the top again this time round but... To her disappointment...

 

Min Young's Pov:

Is the day of Mock Examination result! Students were rushing to noticeboard and checking out their results. But I was here strolling my way to the noticeboard. The noticeboard area were crowded with students. I didn't bother much for my results, because I will be the top student again. But I think I was wrong, to my disappointment, I heard some students whispering among each others.

"Wa! Daebak! L.Joe is so genius!" That's what I head some of the students saying. Genius?

I was kind of surprised when my class teacher, Mr Oh walked towards me and said;

"It seemed there was a changed in this year top student..." Mr Oh just finished his words and I immediately make my way through the crowd.

"Sorry, please make a way!" I said as I pushed in the crowd.

My eyes almost drop when I saw the results list... WHAT? Did I see wrongly? Lee Byung Hyun, full marks. WHAT? That brat scored full marks like ME? IMPOSSIBLE. IMPOSSIBLE! IS MUST BE AN ERROR, I thought.


Author's Pov:

Back to class, Min Young was sitting in her seat with a black serious face... She was angry how did L.Joe scored top like her in his studies even though he didn't even revise, borrow her notes from her and copy... But how did L.Joe managed to scored top for his studies? Because he was from a rich family? So he can do anything he want, even paying money for the answer script...? Is L.Joe really that kind of person?....

 

Min Young's Pov:

I was sitting on my place with a bad mood when suddenly that brat walk towards me and said;

"Min Young ahh, chukkahaeyo! You scored top again!" L.Joe smiled and said to me.

What the heck is wrong with this guy? Showing off you scored top too? I thought.

"What for to congrates me? Didn't you scored top too?" I give a death stared to L.Joe.

"What is wrong? Did I do anything wrong?" L.Joe seemed to be puzzled by my stared I gave. As I am already in a bad mood, the vocalno in my body started to erupt, and I scolded;

"What trick to you do that you scored top in your subject like me? A brat like you who didn't do his homeworks, a guy who didn't revise, and even borrow notes from me? How the hell do you get full marks for your subject? Just because your father was rich, and was the boss of Lee's company?" I said in a high pitch tone, as I was too angry, tears roll down from my cheeks. 

"Aniyo, Is isn't what you said... Please don't be that stormed up... L.Joe said as he grabbed my hands, trying to calm me down but I swag it away.

"Please let go! Woohyun ahh, please let me change my seat with you. I don't wish to see this person again!" I said as I run to Woohyun's seat. Woohyun, as a class monitor, don't have any choice but agreed to change my seat with him.

"Ne... You can sit here." Woohyun said.

 

L.Joe's Pov:

After hearing from Chunji that I scored top for my subject and also together with Min Young, I walk into the class to get prepared for lessons. As I saw Min Young who was already in her seat, I decicded to congrates her since she was always the top student for over 3 years.

"Min Young ahh, chukkahaeyo! You scored top again!" I smiled and said to her.

 

"What for to congrates me? Didn't you scored top too?" Min Young said and give a death stared to me.

"What is wrong? Did I do anything wrong?" I was puzzled by the stared she gave.

"What trick to you do that you scored top in your subject like me? A brat like you who didn't do his homeworks, a guy who didn't revise, and even borrow notes from me? How the hell do you get full marks for your subject? Just because your father was rich, and was the boss of Lee's company?" Min Young said in a high pitch tone, as she was too angry, tears roll down from her cheeks.

"Aniyo, Is isn't what you said... Please don't be that stormed up... I said as I grabbed her hands, trying to calm her down but she swag it away.

"Please let go! Woohyun ahh, please let me change my seat with you. I don't wish to see this person again!" She said as she run to Woohyun's seat. Woohyun, as a class monitor, don't have any choice but agreed to change her seat with him.

"Ne... You can sit here." Woohyun said.

I didn't know that's what Min Young thought of me... She thought I actually use that kind of trick for my studies, for my furture, or whatever. She actually thought that I use money and buy for my top score place? Is that what Min Young thinks? She misuderstood me. I shall explained to her later. I am not that type of person who use dirty tricks. Yes, I am rich, I got that money to do anything I want, anything I like. But I won't use money for any dirty kind of tricks. 


After school

Author's Pov:

Throughout the lessons, Min Young was still in a bad mood. She was angry and puzzled that why L.Joe was the top student like her despite he didn't even revise his notes, complete his homeworks at all. Unlike her, Min Young was a hardworking girl who work hard to acheive for good results. She don't understand how can a person scored top even thought he/she didn't even work hard to acheive. Min Young was the type who always burn midnight oil, revising her notes, asking questions when she doesn't understand. Even Eunji, her best friends understand her the most. Min Young hates those people who are lazy and stupid. The first rival and enemy of Min Young is, L.Joe, Lee Byung Hyun. He was Min Young number 1 list pabo brat. 

After lessons ended, Min Young quickly walk out from the class to avoid L.Joe when he started approaching her behind her back, trying to explain things clearly to her.

 

Min Young's Pov:

I was still in a bad mood after what happened. Knowing that L.Joe was the top student like me. He don't even deserved to be a top student for his subject. He must do something with his results! Like paying money and do those dirty tricks, you know! How can a person scored top for his subject without working hard, resvising his notes, borrowing my notes and copied? 

I really don't understand it, I work so hard for these 3 years to be a top student for every subjects. How can he so easily scored a full mark? I was thinking a lot, I was in a bad mood. And after lessons ended, I was hoping to leave the class as quickly as possible to get back home and hug my favourite bunny, Chu, when L.Joe approached me and blocked my way.

I was already pissed off by him, and yet he still had the face to appear in my face and get scolding from me?

"What do you want?" I asked him in a stormy attitude.

"Why don't you believe me that I actually scored full marks by using my own potential, my own efforts and hardwork?" L.Joe asked me with that look, trying to tell me his explanation.

"Why should I believe you?" I said as I turned my head back, not wanting to see his brat face.

"Ya, we don't believe you too." A bunch of students suddenly cut in my words and said. L.Joe seemed to be surprised by the sudden situation.

"This... What is the situation now?" L.Joe asked, with a face that he don't know what to solve this situation.

"So, how do you want to prove that you actually scored full marks by using your own potential and efforts, without any last minute revision?" I asked.

"Erm.. So how do you want me to prove that so you all can believe in me?" L.Joe replied.

'Why not we hold a talent competion? Is that okay?" Those students beside us asked L.Joe.

"Sure, why not?" L.Joe immediately agreed.

After L.Joe agreed to hold this talent competition, I walk off from the crowd, but without knowing, my precious pen, a pen that is important to me, a pen that is gifted by my mother for doing well for my studies, dropped out from my bag... 

 

L.Joe's Pov:

So these students and Min Young doesn't believe me that I actually scored top by using my own potential and efforts but not using dirty tricks? Okay since they want me to prove them, I agreed to them by holding a talent competition tomorrow. I will prove them wrong by showing them my potential, my talents, but not a spoil brat, a rich person who only knows how to use dirty tricks for anything they want. 

After I agreed for holding this talent competion suggested by those students, I saw Min Young walking off. But without knowing, a pen suddenly dropped out from her bag. I was about to call her, but she already walk far away. I picked up the pen and saw her name being craved on it. The pen looked important and precious to her, I thought. I must return this pen to her. 

As I saw Woohyun, our class monitor, I stopped him and asked whether he knows where Min Young stay.

"Erm... Woohyun, do you have Min Young's house address?... Erm that... I want to return this pen to her." I asked.

"Here, this is Min Young's house address." Woohyun said and he handed over me a paper, with Min Young's house address on it. 

"Ne, kamsa." I replied.

 

I followed this address according to this paper that Woohyun give and reached the place where Min Young live. I was kind of nervous when I reached her doorstep, as I knew she must be in a bad mood. But still I get up my courage and pressed the doorbell.

Ding dong, ding dong. "Min Young ahh." I said as I pressed the doorbell waiting for an answer.

After a few seconds, the door opened. It wasn't Min Young, but to my surprised, it was a woman in mid fifty opening the door. It must be Min Young's mother, I thought.

"Hi Aunty, I am Min Young's classmate. My name is L.Joe." I said politely. 

"Her classmate?" Ahh, please come in." Aunty smiled at me and welcome me in.

"Ne kamsa," I replied while taking off my shoes before entering the house.

"Is there any reason why is a need to look for our Min Young?" Aunty asked me while handing me a cup of green tea.

"Ahh kamsahamnida." I replied and received the cup of green tea, while placing it on the table. Than I took out the pen from my pocket that I keep.

"I am here to return this pen to Min Young. There was her name being craved on this pen, and I thought this pen must be very precious and important to her. So I decided to return this pen back to her immediately." I replied while handing the pen to aunty.

"I am sorry to trouble you! Thanks for coming down here just to return this pen. By the way, there is a chance of you liking our Min Young?" Aunty suddenly said while smiling at me.

After what Aunty said, I immediately blushed out, not knowing how to reply, but only replied back with a silly smile.


The next day, the day of talent competion:

Author's Pov:

It was the day of talent competition. The students decided to use the way of balloting matter. There was a few topics written on those paper. But who will be the one to pick those questions paper? Well of course, it will be our class monitor, Woohyun. 

Those papers was being folded and being put in a box. The only thing Woohyun needs to do is pick out one paper and see what questions did he choose out, so they can test Min Young and L.Joe.

And what Woohyun picked out from the box, as he opened and unfold the paper, he placed the paper up and showed everyone.

"Memory skills?" Everyone said out.

 

Min Young's Pov:

Memory skills? Come on, everything is impossible for me. I must win over that L.Joe. I will show him my potential compared to his. 

"Alright, Changjo, Dongwoo, you both try testing Min Young and L.Joe these questions, the answer was already written on this card." Woohyun said to us.

The talent competition started. Every students were cheering for us. The competition was quite a competitive one. L.Joe had answer all the questions corerctly like me till now. But until the last question, this is where I ended. I was thinking hard of this last question, I was solving in my mind, but as I took a long time, my chance was being given to L.Joe. Yet, L.Joe immediately answered the question without thinking and win this talent competition. 

"The last question was being answered correctly by L.Joe, so L.Joe win!" Woohyun announced.

Everyone was surprised by L.Joe's potential. He really proved that he scored well for his studies by using his own potential, own efforts. Now everyone believed that L.Joe can do well for his studies was all because of he only depends on himself but not using his richness. 

As I knew that I misunderstood L.Joe, I felt embarssed facing him and I immediately walk off after the competition. I really don't know how to face him right now. Seriously, I feel embarassed. I immediately walk out from the class and there is Eunji looking at me.

"Is quite a pity, it just only one question left but.. Aish, is okay! You already done your best" Eunji said trying to cheer me up. She knows that I never lost to anyone in my whole life. This is the first time I admit that I am a loser.

 

L.Joe's Pov:

And I proved them wrong by winning this competition. At the last question, where I finally showed them that I actually depend myself by using my own potential. At the last question, where Min Young lost this game. Where she spent her time thinking how to solve the question. Her chance was immediately given to me as she took a long time solving, and there is where I proved them wrong by answering the question immediately without thinking. 

I proved them that I actually depends on my memory to memorise those notes written down. Now everyone believed me that I actually didn't use those dirty tricks but my own potential, I only depends on myself. 

As Woohyun announced that the winner is me, I saw Min Young hanging her head low and walk out  quickly from the class. She must felt embarrased because she lost this competition to me. I was to chase after her but again, she already walk far away...

I didn't blamed Min Young at all. I never blamed her. I always treated her as my friend, my classmate. Min Young is actually a nice girl, I can sense that. She is too hardworking in her studies, she is a girl who doesn't like to be defended, and I was the first guy who beat down her record. She must be really surprised and pissed at me, haha. I am like her number 1 rival now~ Keke.