The Shy Romantic Kayeon "Becky" Baek

They sky is missing a few╰☆╮(SME's new Co-Ed group) APPLY COSED

 

18 (International), 19 (Korean)

Oct. 4, 1994 

1/2 Korean, 1/2 Japanese

 

Personality

Kayeon is rather shy, and this was caused by the fact that she moved too many times in other countries, thus she couldn't make any friends because of the difficulty of a different language. However she has some friends, the only problem is that they have to wait more than usual before being considered friends by her. In fact, she really difficultly trust people who she has known for a little amount of time. She likes to read books and because of this she has an open mind. If she knows to be in the truth but people don't believe her she can be a bit stubborn, but normally she isn't like that. She tends to take everything in, without telling anything to anyone, so if she has a problem it is really difficult for her friends to understand it. If she is sad she tries to smile and not to cry since she doesn't want people around her to worry for her. If she is happy, instead, she expresses it. She is particularly mature, probably because she has a little brother whom she loves more than anyone and she considers her duty to take care of him. Even if she loves her parents she doesn't express it and it is difficult that she can feel homesick. If something, that doesn't involves her, happens, she is indifferent to it. But if she is involved she tries to sort out the problem calmly. She has never really fallen in love with someone; she has liked a boy when she lived in China but after she got to know him she changed idea because she didn't like his character. Since she likes to read, she has a great creativity and fantasy and she daydreams a lot, especially about a love story as the ones in the romances. She does believe that what happens in dramas and books can actually happen in reality, but she doesn't believe in love at first sight, since she has to know the person's character to knew if she likes him or not. So we can call her a sentimentalist and a romantic person but still with a bit of realism. If she cries she tries to do it where no one is near her, since she doesn't want other people to see how weak she is. She considers herself a weak person but in reality she isn't like that. In fact when she moved to China with her parents, she was most of the time alone with her brother and she had to resolve many problems, caused by him, by herself without the help of her parents who were working. Even if she can't normally express her feelings, when she sings she can convey all her feelings in the song. When she is angry she closes herself in her room and she starts to sing in order ro relieve her stress. She isn't really a sporty person even though she likes to dance and she has always had a real talent for it.

On stage, she isn't the type to take all of the camera time. She really doesn't care about that and she also doesn't get mad if another member of the grouptakes all of her camera time. Maybe she is also a little happy like that, since she is really shy and so she prefers to remain in the shadow instead of having every spotlight on the stage pointed on her. When the camera's on, she doesn't really change as many other idols and celebrities do. She doesn't like liars and so she also doesn't want to lie to her fans. So, on programmes and lives she is the usual self. Not really talkative, who doesn't smile a lot, but still able to convey the deepest emotions in the songs. She usually isn't nervous and even if she is anxious, she hides it really well, so no one can really notice it. She has also a dorky side as on concerts, she usually doesn't know what to do, since it's her first time doing something like that and so she followes the other members and sunbae actions. So you would see her wink or throwing hearts as Infinite's Woohyun does, or also waving to everyone and dancing as B.A.P's Zelo does, but in the end she would blush and hide her face with her hands, thinking about what she has done.

It's really dificult for her to fall in love. The problem is that she has really high standards. She likes to read and so she has always dreamed about love stories and prince charmings. She still believes to the fact that the prince charming exists and that he might be waiting for her somewhere. So, if you want to attract her, then you probably have to have a perfect skin, perfect body and face and also - and most important - a perfect character. Ideal type? Of course a gentle, kind, nice, loving and blah blah blah boyfriend. We all want that type of person to take care of us, don't we? Also she is awkward in love since she has never dated someone, so you can't probably wait for her to do the first move. She won't ever do it. She also likes boys who prepare great events for her, she isn't really the simple type, and the blame is again on the books she read. She is really devoted and can grow really attached to her boyfriend, and she usually isn't jelous, since she trusts someone who she chose as her pince charming. He is perfect, how can he possibly do something low like cheating?

 

Habbits

Standing on her tip toes and looking not in any particular direction with a blank face

 Tapping with her fingers on her thighs when she is nervous

 Bowing more than 90

 

Likes

books;
the traditional dolls of her native town Katsuura;
the sea;
dresses and lousy sweaters;
eating the food that her mother grew in the garden;
singing;
dancing;
the feeling that rises in your body when you hear a wonderful song;
the emotion that you feel when the summer festival is held in the town and many tourists come to see it;
takoyaki ( a particular Japanese food- they are rolls with octopus;
Changcheng Bolo Bing (a traditional food of the prefecture of Hebei in China -  it is a kind of cake);
her brother;
her granny (her mother's mom) strange way of talking in Chiba dialect.

 

Dislikes

bad guys;
sports;
sparkling drinks;
alcoholic drinks;
the noise of modern cities;
her Japanese literature teacher;
Japanese literature;
people who behave and act like they know everything and like they are everything;
nutella(it gives her nausea). 

 

Ideal Type

“I like boys who don't smile a lot and who are more reserved, but then when they smile they could make a day bright because of their awesome smile. He has to be protective, gentle, and well… I don’t like skinship that much, but I don’t mind if he does it. Also he can’t be violent. I don’t like boys who try to solve problems with violence. I’d rather have him be smart and can sooth a situation with words.”

 

Motto

 

 "After the rain and behind the clouds, the sun will always shine bright"

(So even if there are hardships, do not ever give up your dream)

 


SM Profile

Auditioned: 06.01.2008

Officially started training in SM in the Summer of 2008 and has been a trainee since. 

Appearances:  Cameo in Replay 1997 (2012)

 

Position

  Triple Threat

 

Stage Name

Becky

 

Fan Club

Inyoung 

 

Side Jobs

 Model

Actress


Role Model

AZU (Japanese Soloist)

 

Friends

Yuri Chinen of Hey! Say! JUMP

Zhou Mei-Hua

Simon ( Park Jun Ho ) of Dalmatian

 

Trivia

She has a bad sense of orientation, so she could get lost even in her house

 


and the fourth lucky AFF user is...

LeeTaeRi