CRUSH SYMPTOMS #4 - The Nonsense Texts

Is he into you?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4

Chaerin’s POV

It’s been a long day today. Nothing much happened but it was quite tiring. Well everyday is tiring especially that I am an idol but I don’t know why even my heart is heavy right now. It’s not like my heart is broken and hurting but something is just bugging me.

 

 

I turned to my side and stare outside the open window. The curtain is flowing free as the gentle night breeze caressed its satin texture. The chimes make my mind relaxed and it’s intoxicating me somehow. The clouds in my mind are being ease for a bit and he’s confusing me. It’s quite cold tonight but nothings colder than me.

 

 

“Chaerin~ah…” I whispered.

“Wae ileohge eolyeobseubnida?” Am I being a nuisance to him?

 

 

He says it’s so difficult but what’s difficult? Is that the reason he left without saying a word? Acting all sweet to me then goes off coldly? He’s the difficult one. If he likes me already he should tell me directly. I don’t get him.

 

 

I was drifted away from my mind boggling puzzle when my old lollipop phone rings. Who in the world will text me at this wee kind of hour? Nugu? Is it Bom unnie who’s locked up again outside? Is it Minki who’s struggling with a cockroach in her room? Or is it Dara unnie who’s up because of watching dramas and she’s currently out of tissues? No one texts me in this kind of hour. Though except for Papa Teddy.

 

 

I stood up and reached for my phone in my study table. I plumped back to my bed *knees first then stomach* and flips my phone open.

 

 

From: Private Number

Na neun jinjja jo-ah hae.

 

 

 

“I really like you.”

“I really like you???”

 

 

Omo~omo~ who's this texting me in the middle of the night with a private number??? I laid back to my side and stared at my phone while repeatedly reading the message.

 

“Nuguseyo?”

 

I hit the reply button and pressed send.

 

 

I waited for a reply but nothing came. Why? Is that a prank text? Aigoo~ why me? I rolled over my bed as I hug my Rilakkuma. Both of us where covered in my blanket and still rolling over from left to right and right to left.

 

 

I stop moving and looked up the ceiling. The glow in my stars is starting to fade~ I need to change them immediately. Yes. Glow in the dark stars. This is why I don’t want people to see my room. It’s a room for a little princess with all the teacup set and plushy stuff toys.

 

 

‘Maybe I’m too childish for him?’

‘Is that it?’

 

 

 

 

--------------------♥--------------------

 

 

 

Crush Symptom #4

The Nonsense Texts

The Crush-ologist Says: “Being the bashful species that they are, males will often take refuge and find courage in and through the effervescence of the digital domain.”

 

In Plain Speak: He sends you text messages out of the blue, from cheesy romantic quotes to subtle conversation starters. Whenever you log on to YM, he opens up a chat window at once, even if his icon says he’s busy. Either way, modern tech gives him the courage to approach you like he never would in real life.

If you heart him back: Hit the reply button and say hi to him. Who knows? He might even get the courage to talk to you for real tomorrow.

 

 

 

--------------------♥--------------------

 

 

 

“What’s YM?” I then closed the magazine and placed it in the foot of my bed.

 

 

I sat up from my bed and reached for my phone and quickly scanned through the contacts. When I found the knowledgeable being that can answer my query I clicked the message and typed.

 

 

From: Papa Teddy

Y-ahoo M-essenger. It’s an internet thing and it’s like texting but you use computer to chat. You need an email to use this and which you don’t have. So waeyo? And why are you still awake???

 

 

I hit thanks and said good night to him. How can I ever do this symptom #4 when I don’t even know what YM is?? Aish~ screw this I’m off to dream land!

 

 

 

 

--------------------♥--------------------

 

 

“Good morning.” I mumbled as I entered Papa Teddy’s studio.

“That’s what you get for staying up late.” He then handed me a cup of steaming coffee.

“Thanks.”

 

 

I forgot that I had a schedule today and lost count of the time last night. Now I’m here sitting in the couch with half closed eyes. All Teddy’s words were just passing through my ears and I can’t even understand what he was saying.

 

 

“Mianhe oppa but I can’t process the words that you’re saying right now…” I mumbled.

 

 

I expect him to be mad at me and scolding me now but he just smiled at me. He pats my head and he goes out of the studio. I placed my coffee on the table and lied down on the sofa. The studio is really quiet for now. Another alone time, meaning another cloudy mind for me. But I won’t think of him now

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter