Confusion

The Magic Diary

AN: Hi guys ^^ Sorry for the late update, but I hope you'll enjoy it xD


The biggest shock that day wasn't what Jonghyun had done to me though. Oh no, it would have been too great, you know.  When I got home, I had the urge to talk to Puppy again, as I knew that he would hear me out patiently, being the great friend he was.

Well, I went home, opened my diary, ready to write to him. The small problem was, that he had already written to me. And the story seemed just a bit familiar.

Kitten, guess what?!

Okay, so the truth is that my hand is trembling at the moment, so sorry for the handwriting. I kissed him! Yes, you've heard - well read -it right, I kissed him! And he kissed back. We were out eating some ice-cream, he and a couple of our friends, and he was eating his so cutely - and yeah I kissed him and he was so adorable...

Okay, I'll stop writing here cause in the end you'll hate me from rambling about him.

Bye for now,

Puppy.

I bit into my lip, recalling my kiss with Jonghyun. And he had kissed me. My heartbeat sped up as I realized that Jonghyun could be Puppy. And even the name would fit. But then again, Puppy couldn't live so close to me.

I drew in a shaky breath, the room starting to spin with me a little. If Jonghyun was the one I had been talking to for such a long time.. No, I couldn't even consider that being true. It was too bad to believe.

It would have meant that he would know all of my secrets - me being sick, liking boys though that was quite obvious - and everything else about me. And... Also, if he knew who I was, that would have practically meant that he was just making fun out of me for being what I was.

A tear slid down my cheek as I imagined my crush looking at me, a smirk in his lips as he told me how everything had been just a little set up. How he hated me.

Then again, Puppy was way more intelligent than Jonghyun. Or at least from what I knew of my crush, he wasn't the brightest light bulb in the case. Or at least Taemin would always tell me that he'd done something dumb and stuff. Maybe Puppy wasn't that smart either, but he could actually get to the mall in some random city with asking for help only once, meaning that he wouldn't forget the directions. And that he could actually use a map, which obviously, Jonghyun couldn't.

I took a deep breath as I realized that there was no way those two could even be related. The dizziness had stopped, but I was still feeling a bit off, my heart fluttering wildly in my chest. "Yeah, it was just a coincidence."I told myself, forcing my eyes to re-read the lines. 

It still seemed too familiar to me but still. Jonghyun just couldn't be Puppy. It would have been really bad.

Of course, if he didn't know who I was, but he was Puppy it would have been a little better. Because that way... That way I would have been the one who he liked.

"Such a cliche fairytale that would be."I chuckled bitterly, slowly reaching for my pen.

Puppy,

I could barely read what you wrote! Is he really that important to you? I bet even now you're bouncing around like a five year old that had been given a tons of sugar. I'm glad that you could kiss him though. I bet your afternoon was great.

I can't say the same though, that idiot that had been bothering me for sometimes had joined me and my friends when we were hanging out. He's friends with them or what. So it was really bad.

I know that you can't see it, but I'm pouting at the moment.

Bye,

Kitten.

I finished my entry or rather letter with a smile. Somehow writing to him always made me a tiny bit happier. I sighed softly, leaning on my desk after I had closed the diary. The thoughts of Jonghyun being... Puppy were still on my mind. It seemed so unreal, so weird.

But I knew that it was possible, even if Jonghyun was a tiny bit dumber than Puppy. Plus, Puppy was someone I had never seen, thus I couldn't be sure if he was always telling the truth.

I was so confused. Deep down, I wanted Jonghyun to be Puppy. It'd been so much easier, especially if he didn't know who I was. It would have been a dream come true, or better yet a fairytale.

If I weren't sick, that is.

Slowly standing up, I walked to my bed and pretty much fell on it, burying my face in the softness of my pillow. I yawned a little, exhausted by everything that had happened.

Thankfully, it was a Friday, so I could just go to sleep at that time. And I did, falling asleep just like that, in my clothes.

I woke up a few hours later with a pounding headache. Opening my eyes a little, I noticed that it was still dark outside. I bit into my lip as the pain in my head only got worse to the point of causing a nice little wave of nausea hit me.

"Great, just great!"I muttered to myself inwardly as I sat up, turning to my nightstand. I pulled out the small drawer that was there and picked out a small bottle of pills, the ones I usually took when I got sick. Not bothering to go to my bathroom for some water, I popped two into my mouth, scrunching my face up in disgust at the taste. I gagged a little, taking a few deep breaths before glancing at my clock. It was only around midnight. I decided to check if Puppy had written back to me since I knew that I wouldn't be able to fall asleep yet.

The only problem was that the medicine hadn't kicked in yet, which pretty much resulted in me collapsing on the floor weakly. The dark room was suddenly spinning with me, something I was used to luckily.

The problem was that I felt too weak to stand up, so I simply closed my eyes, trying to go back to sleep. I succeeded after a few minutes, not really caring about how cold the floor was.