'She' is a 'He'?

The Magic Diary

 

AN: Hi guys :D Here is the 3rd chapter xD It's kinda lame but I had a looong week so yeah xD


 

The rest of the day after my talk with Jonghyun seemed to pass quickly. I spent the breaks with my friends, fooling around or simply talking softly. Maybe we weren’t the most popular students, but we had been friends for a long time and we couldn’t care less about other people. Plus, popularity always came with high prices that none of us wanted to pay.

The weather outside was nice once again, so I decided to walk home. It was a quiet walk and it gave me the opportunity to think about what had happened with Jonghyun. I felt like if I tried, I would have a chance with him. Not as a couple but as friends, of course. It was quite obvious that he was straight. He acted so nice to the girls that would ask him out, even though he would rarely accept the offers, saying that he had his eyes on someone. Or at least Taemin told me so. His boyfriend and another friend of mine, Minho was friends with Jonghyun, so we heard about him quite a lot. Minho seemed to know that I had a ‘small’ crush on Jonghyun, but he never said anything about it.

I sighed as I entered my house, smiling softly at our housekeeper. She had been my mother’s nanny when she was young, and somehow she just stayed with her after some time. Of course, now she didn’t do too much, but we loved her a lot and we never even thought of firing her or anything. She pretty much acted like I was her grandson and I loved her because of it. She smiled back at me.

‘Kibummie!’ she rolled her eyes as I dropped my bag on the floor. I chuckled.

‘Sorry, but it was so heavy...’I pouted as cutely as I could. She laughed and rolled her eyes again.

‘You never change, do you?’ she asked me. I just shrugged as I pulled off my shoes and picked up my bag again.

‘I guess. I’ll go upstairs now, can you tell mom when she comes home that I’m already here?’ I asked her. She nodded and ruffled my hair before reaching for a plate and dusting it off. As I walked upstairs, I could hear her starting to sing. I have always loved her voice. Whenever my mother was home and I was sick or scared of something, she would always sing for me.

I didn’t even notice, but I stopped in the middle of the stairs, just listening to the old, but nice song she was singing. I quickly walked upstairs, throwing my bag on my bed. I sat on my comfortable chair in front of my desk and opened my diary. I couldn’t help but giggle at what Puppy had written to me.

Dear Kitten,

First of all, get better soon! I don’t care about what the doctor says, there MUST be something that he can give you to help you. If not then change your doctor cause he is an idiot.

Secondly, guess what! I talked to him-them and they weren’t disgusted with me or anything. My friend has been telling me to man up and ask them out, and I even tried to, but we were interrupted. But they are so beautiful... Kitten, help me to get their heart!

I have to admit that I was a bit shocked by the fact that Puppy’s crush was a boy. I mean, from what he sounded like he was popular and everything. Though, I couldn’t be sure... It was really cute how he crossed out the word ‘him’ and wrote ‘them’ after it. The funny thing was that I thought of Jonghyun after reading the letter or whatever Puppy had written to me. I felt my cheeks darken at the thought of Jonghyun liking me.

Puppy,

HE must be really pretty for you to like him so much. But at least now I know that your crush is a boy. I think you should keep talking to him and ask him out soon. If you really are as popular as you always say (which I doubt, but still) then he will fall for you in no time...

And I’m alright, it’s not like I’m that sick, Puppy. But yeah, my doctor is stupid...

For some reason, I didn’t want to tell him what had happened with Jonghyun. Maybe I didn’t want to spoil his mood or something. I mean, it’s not like anything bad happened, but still. Puppy’s crush finally talking to him was too good for me to spoil it with complaining about what had happened between me and my crush.

I sighed as I closed the diary and checked my timetable to see which classes I had on the next day. I groaned when I noticed that I had History and English on the same day. I had no problems with them in general, but our English teacher always complained that we were very tired and gloomy after History lessons, so sometimes she ‘surprised’ us with a nice little word test. She was the kindest and sweetest of all teachers... Not.

I did all of my homework as quickly as I could. Feeling hungry, I walked downstairs. My mother wasn’t home yet, which made me a bit disappointed. If there was something I couldn’t tell Puppy, I usually told her. She knew about me liking a boy (though she didn’t know that it was Jonghyun) and that I refused to tell my friends about my sickness. So yeah, we were really close.

I made something quickly and walked back to my room. Luckily, I was allowed to eat in my room. I mean, it’s not like I wouldn’t have if I weren’t, but still. I didn’t really like doing things my parents didn’t like. I had been raised to meet their expectation. Plus, it’s not like they wanted a lot. They wanted me to be respectful and to have acceptable grades, that’s all. When my parents weren’t home, I didn’t like eating in the kitchen or the dining room. Somehow, eating there alone always made me feel lonely. When I was in my room, I was usually alone of course, so I never really noticed it.

I plopped onto my bed and started eating my fruit salad happily. I had always been obsessed with fruits. I never really knew why though. My mother told me that maybe it was because she loved them too and I was like her in many ways. I finished eating the last piece of strawberry and lay down, putting the small bowl next to me. I felt a bit tired, so I decided to take a short nap. I dozed off quickly, thinking about why Jonghyun had talked to me so suddenly.