Crush

The Magic Diary

AN: Hi guys :D I actually have no idea what this chapter will be about xD *shrugs* I hope it'll come out well though xD


The next morning, I got up a little earlier than usual. Slowly, I slid off my bed and walked to my desk. I decided to write to Puppy before getting ready to school. I opened my diary and yawned widely. I had such a nice dream, but I knew that Puppy was a lot more important than a dream. As I had predicted, he had already replied to my previous entry.

Kitten,

I hope you are going to get better soon. I really hate 'seeing' you like this. Can't he really give you anything? I'm sure that he will be able to find something.

Puppy

I smiled as I read the messily written 'letter'. As the years passed, his handwriting became a lot less readable, which was strange, since I should have gotten neater,  but at least I could read it. I always imagined meeting him in person. I was sure that he was good looking, since he always told me how much girls liked him. Of course, he could have been lying, but I decided to trust him for some reason. If he said girls liked him and he was good-looking, then I believed him. I've known him for a long time, after all.

According to him, he never 'used' them, just because they liked his appearance. He did have a crush on someone though. Since we never used our real names, all I knew that Puppy thought that they were beautiful and that they barely ever looked at him. He never said if his crush was a boy or a girl, but something told me that it was a beautiful girl. Somehow it would have fitted Puppy's image if he fell on love with the only girl that didn't like him.

I grabbed my pen and sighed. I just wasn't in the mood to explain what happened to him, but I knew that I had to write at least a few lines to show him that I was alive. Once, when we were younger, I forgot to write back to him, and he freaked out.

Dear Puppy,

It seems like he can't. He just did the usual check-up, I was just too tired and stuff to write it down yesterday. How are you? I hope you're crush will look at you today.

Kitten

Feeling satisfied of the short message, I smiled and walked to my closet. I was still sleepy, but I knew that if I went back to sleep, I wouldn't have been able to get up again. I was a really deep sleeper. Or at least most of the times.

Sighing, I looked at my clothes. I had a lot, but at that morning I just didn't feel like wearing any of them. I glared at them, wishing that my glare would magically turn them into clothes I would actually like to wear.

I ended up wearing a pair of white skinny jeans and a light blue T-shirt. I quickly brushed my teeth and fixed my hair. Maybe my clothes weren't perfect, but at least my hair was.

Or at least until I left our house mansion and started walking to school. It started out pretty well. The sun was shining brightly and the only sound I could hear was the happy chirping of the birds. I smiled as I walked, sometimes stopping to look around. I still had a lot of time before school started, so I could do that.

And that was what ruined my mood. Suddenly, the light breeze that had been there before, became stronger and stronger. It messed up my perfectly styled hair. I groaned in annoyance.

I kept on walking, quickening my pace as much as I could. Something cold and wet fell on my nose. A raindrop. And then another and another. 'Seriously?' I whined. I didn't have an umbrella with me, since it seemed like it wouldn't rain on such a bright day. I cursed and ran to school, trying to shield my head with my designer backpack.

Luckily, I reached the school within ten minutes, but by that time, it was raining hard. I was completely soaked. And my bag and books were soaked too. 'Great...'I mumbled as I walked to my locker. I quickly took out the things I would need for my first class and walked there slowly. I sat down at my desk and laid my head on it. I wanted to go to the bathroom and fix my hair, but at times like this, it was loaded. And some not so... appropriate things were happening there. I tried to at least brush it with my fingers, but I knew that I looked horrible.

And then, he walked into the class. He or Kim Jonghyun, my crush. He sat down and looked at me.I quickly turned away, barely looking at him. It was only the two of us in the classroom, and I probably looked rude. I never really talked to him, partly because even a glance from him made my heart race, and partly because of my sickness. It wasn't deadly, of course, but it had a lot of side-effects, and I didn't want someone to worry about me and things. And I was scared that he would reject me. If it was someone else I liked, and not him, maybe I would have tried to talk to them. But... Jonghyun was... He was popular. Every single girl (and a lot of boys) had or used to have a crush on him. I was just a pale, blonde, almost too ordinary boy. Why would he even think of liking me when he had everyone at his feet?

'Uh, morning?' he asked suddenly. I looked around, thinking that someone had walked into the room, but it was still only us in the room. My heart was pounding and I felt a light blush creep onto my cheeks. I hated how easily I blushed.

'Hi...'I mumbled softly and turn to look at him. He looked like me, well, or at least his hair did. It was soaked and messy. But it looked somewhat... hot...

'I see you didn't bring an umbrella either...'he chuckled and I nodded quickly.

He opened his mouth to say something else, but I was saved by my best friend, Taemin. He practically bounced into the classroom and pulled me off my chair, chattering happily. I had no idea what he was saying, but at least he managed to get me out of the classroom within a few moments. Telling Jonghyun that I had to do something would have been... I don't know, awkward, and I would have felt a bit bad as well. I looked back from the door, and I could see Jonghyun stare at me with something I would call sad puppy eyes... I immediately felt even worse.

'So, did you ask him out?' Taemin asked me suddenly when we reached my locker. 'Or did he ask you out?'he asked me.

'Tae, we're not 'going out'. I didn't ask him out, and he didn't ask me out either. And I don't even like him.'I said as I felt my cheeks darken once again.

'Yeah right.'Taemin rolled his eyes, but then he started to talk about something, and luckily, he seemed to forget about the fact that I'd been in a classroom with my crush. Alone.

I smiled to myself as we walked around school to find our other friends. Maybe my hair was ruined, maybe my books were a bit wet but at least I'd talked to my crush. Somehow, it made my day a lot better. But I doubted that I would ever talk to him again...