Why...?

The Magic Diary

AN:Hi guys :3 Sorry for the late update *yawns* Whatever, I hope you'll enjoy today's chap.


When I woke up in the early hours of the morning, I was a sweaty, shivering mess. I could barely open my eyes, my eyelids feeling just a bit too heavy for the simple action. My teeth clattered together loudly as I tried to push myself off the freezing floor. I groaned softly when a new, strong wave of nausea hit me, forcing me to lie back down. " my life."I cursed as I inched to my bed and pulled off my sheets, feeling too weak to crawl up on the fluffy piece of furniture.

Still shaking, I wrapped the thick blankets around myself, curling up as much as I could so none of my body-heat would go to waste. I was still cold, but it was still a bit better and warmer cocooned into the familiar material.

I knew that I was going to be sick but somehow I just couldn't care. I was still groggy from sleep and feeling cold, so when I thought of calling my mother I just shook my head a little and pressed my face into the thick blankets, falling back into a dreamless, uncomfortable sleep.

I woke up to my father hitting my cheeks gently, telling me to wake up. I shook my head a little and yawned, feeling a weird jolt of pain shot through my whole body, probably because of sleeping on the floor.

"Thank god you're awake, sweetie."I heard my mother say as I felt myself being placed onto my bed. I was still cold, feeling all sweaty and gross. It would have been alright though if my head hadn't been pounding. 

I groaned and opened my eyes when I felt my mom wipe some hair out of my face, smiling at her familiar, motherly touch. "Hi."I slurred softly, wincing when I realized how weak and hoarse my voice sounded.

"You've just proved how silly you can be."My mom muttered and I sighed softly, knowing well that she was angry. "I'm glad I found you."She added, rolling her eyes. I knew that she had been just worried, but at that moment I really hated how she sounded so harsh. 

"Sorry."I mumbled, feeling guilty. However harsh she sounded, she was right. It had been stupid of me to sleep on the floor, especially since I was sick to start with. 

"It's okay, but don't do things like this next time. Take this, then you can sleep so you'll get better soon, okay?"My mom handed me a couple of pills and some water. I frowned but sat up sluggishly, glancing at my dad thankfully when he helped me not to fall back and popped the pills into my mouth weakly, almost gagging at the bitter taste. I drowned the glass of water quickly, a few stray droplets of water sliding down my jaw, cooling me down a little.

"Thanks."I whispered hoarsely and laid back, my head hitting the soft pillows with a soft thud. My eyes seemed to flutter shut immediately and moments later, I was asleep.

"Poor thing."I heard someone whisper, feeling a cool hand play with my fingers slowly."Maybe he shouldn't have eaten that ice-cream."The voice was familiar, deep and soothing, yet I couldn't make out who it was. It seemed a little slow and slurred to my usually sharp ears which scared me a little. 

"I don't think that he got sick because of that."Another voice mumbled. I recognized that one, it was Taemin. I hated how right he was because I wasn't sick because of the ice-cream and not even because of sleeping on the floor; well, the latter did cause some of my sickness, but if I were healthy, I wouldn't have gotten a fever just because of sleeping on the floor for a few hours.

"I don't know."The first voice said and I felt someone touch my cheek gently. As the fog in my head was clearing out slowly, I realized that the owner of the voice was none other than Jonghyun. My heartbeat picked up at the thought of him being there with me, a tiny smile tugging at my lips. As much as I wanted to stay away from him, I couldn't deny the fact that I liked how he had come and seemed to care. It made me feel happy and wanted. 

Everything would have been perfect if I weren't sick. I knew that my disease wouldn't kill me but I was also aware of the fact that I would never be completely normal. I would always have to go to the doctor's for check-ups and such and of course, I would have to take medicine. A lot of it, until the day I died - or a cure was found for this weird, rare disease.

"Morning, sleepyhead."I heard him say. I almost pouted as I opened my eyes slowly, looking into his eyes. They held plenty of worry, some mischief and something I couldn't really identify. "I would say you look lovely, but you're sick, so..."He said, a small, arrogant smirk playing on it. I just rolled my eyes and sat up slowly, wincing when I felt a sharp pain in the back of my head.

"Great,"I mumbled to myself though I knew that they were listening to me."my head hurts and I have to deal with you."I added, giggling quietly when I heard him gasp. Maybe my comeback wasn't too witty but it's not like what he had said made more sense.

"Oh, I'm so hurt!"He exclaimed dramatically, flailing his arms a little. Taemin looked at me, suddenly bursting into laughter. I joined him and laughed as well, watching Jonghyun out of the corner of my eyes.

He was pouting quite cutely but there was a glint of happiness in his eyes. He looked so cute when he acted like a child, even if he just seemed to be playing a role so we would laugh. 

The laughter died down slowly and I smiled at my visitors, pretty happy that they were there for me. I decided that for once, I won't push Jonghyun away since he had come all the way to my house and everything. Plus I was too weak to do things like that. There was only one thing I wasn't sure about, so I looked at the two questioningly, voicing my thoughts, probably looking a little confused and lost.

"By the way, why are you two here?"