Step At A Time

Devil's Breath *HIATUS*

Seohyun let out another fake laugh. "Whatever, Changmin-ah. You're just kidding. Don't worry. I won't be fooled."

Changmin stared at her in shock. She really thought he was joking. But he wasn't. In the blink of an eye, Changmin was leaning in towards Seohyun, pinning her back against the wall. Their faces were inches away from each other. Seohyun's heart accelerated with eagerness.

Changmin smiled slyly. "I don't lie."

Seohyun immediately began to turn red and pushed him away. When her heart calmed, she looked up and spoke. "Can you really teach me?"

Changmin nodded. "But only your demon side."

"What about my angel powers? Will you be able to help me control them as well?" Seohyun asked.

Changmin shook his head. "I have no clue how your angel powers work. You're going to have to go to the MAN himself to ask for help."

Seohyun cocked her head. "Him?"

"Your father. Your REAL father." Changmin answered.

"Oh, I see. So..." She paused. "Soo?" Changmin questioned. "When do we start?" Seohyun asked.

Changmin chuckled. "A little eager, aren't we?"

Seohyun shrugged. "From what you've told me, people will be coming after me when they find out who and what I am. Well, they're already after me, as you know. I want to be able to protect those whom I love and cherish." She paused, glanced at the sleeping Kyuhyun, and his face, smiling sweetly.

Changmin watched Seohyun caressed Kyuhyun's face. He felt hurt. He shook off the feeling and spoke. "We can start whenever you're ready."

Seohyun looked up at Changmin and smiled gently. "I'm ready right now."

Changmin bent down on one knee and held out his hand. "Shall we go my lady?"

Seohyun giggled and took Changmin's hand. Changmin stood, opened up a portal, and ushered Seohyun to it.

"Step in." She did as commanded and stepped in the swirling blue hole. Changmin stepped in after Seohyun, took her hand, and led her through the path. When they reached the end, Seohyun stepped into a world of darkness.

"Where are we?" She asked.

"In a different realm. The time here passes slower than Earth's so it's perfect for your training. We don't want your family to worry about you again." Changmin said.

Seohyun laughed. "So how are we going to start this?"

"Well, we can start off with the basics. I'm going to teach you how to feel someone's presence."

"And how do I do that?" Seohyun asked, confused.

"Close your eyes." Changmin commanded. "What's that-" Changmin cut her off. "Just do as I say."

Seohyun sighed and closed her eyes.

"Now..clear your mind of everything, including thoughts, feeling, etc.." Changmin continued.

"Now..slow down your breathing..and focus on your surroundings..and search.."

"What am I searching for?" Seohyun asked.

"For an animal of any kind. Search for its hearbeat. When you find something, tell me." Changmin commanded.

Seohyun tried but failed. "I just can't do it. I don't hear or feel any-" She paused. A heartbeat. Something was nearby.

Changmin noticed it as well. "Do you feel something?" Seohyun nodded her head. "Where at?"

"40 degrees to the west. It's in the trees." Seohyun responded.

"Let's go." Changmin picked Seohyun and took off toward the direction. When they reached their destination, he set her down.

"What is it?" Seohyun asked as she saw Changmin focusing his attention.

"It's my father."

________________________________________________________________________

See?! I kept my promise! Sorry that it's not much and if it seems a bit rushed. It took me an hour just to write this and it feels as if I'm going to fall asleep as I type. Hopefully, I can update the next chapter tomorrow! And don't forget to drop a comment because I love reading them! Also, I'm looking for someone to make a poster for this fic along with Just One Beat and The Hunt. If someone so kind could make me one, I would be so happy. K! Bye!