Seeing Him

Devil's Breath *HIATUS*

“He was in an accident…” Her father’s words echoed through her head.

Tears began to run down Seohyun’s cheeks.

“W-What k-kind of a-accident?” She stuttered.

“When he was on his way to his drama set, he was in a car accident.” Her father told her.

Seohyun’s heart sank. “I-Is h-he o-okay?”

Her father shook his head. “He’s in a coma. They don’t know when he will wake up.”

Seohyun fell to her knees. Memories of Kyuhyun ran through her mind. She began to sob.

“Joohyun-ah?” Her father asked. “What’s wrong?”

Seohyun sniffled, wiped her tears, and pulled herself together. “Appa, I’m going to see Kyuhyun right now.”

“But it’s so late. They won’t let you in unless your family.” Her father told her.

“I’m going. I don’t care if it’s late. I want to see him. If you’re not coming, I’ll go alone.” Seohyun stood up.

“Joohyun-ah. I ‘m not going to be able to come with you. Ever since you disappeared, I haven’t been back at the company. I need to take care of the work that has piled up. Maybe your mother or sisters will go with you.” Her father said.

Seohyun couldn’t believe her father was putting work before family. He was always telling Kyuhyun that he was like a son to him. What kind of father would act like he didn’t care? She began to fill with rage.

“You know what? I’ll go alone.” Seohyun roared at her father and stomped off. Seohyun stormed into the house and made her way to her room. She slammed the door behind her and began to rummage through her closet of clothes. She picked out black leggings, a large sweater, and a sweatshirt, and changed into them. She reached for her purse, fished in it until she found her cell phone, and pulled it out. She scrolled through the many love messages from Kyuhyun, her face streaming with tears and smiling to herself. Then she came across a message that had been sent several days earlier.

‘Joohyun-ah, I saw you at the office, smiling. You were talking to another man. Who is he? -_- I don’t want my Seohyunnie flirting with another man besides me. ;) Well, I hope he isn’t anyone too important because I’m the most important person in your life. Seo Joohyun-ah, I love you. <3 always remember that.’

Seohyun giggled at Kyuhyun’s cute jealousy. After going through her messages, Seohyun got up and walked downstairs with her purse. She grabbed her keys, walked to the door, and began to slip off her slippers when2 pairs of feet appeared before her.  Seohyun looked up. Tiffany and Sulli stood before her with concerned looks on them.

“Do you want us to come with you?” Tiffany asked in a worried tone.

Seohyun sighed and pulled on her tennis shoes.

“Guys, I’m fine. I want to go alone and see him myself. Just give me some time to myself. Okay?” She told her sisters.

They both nodded in defeat. Seohyun smiled and reassured her sisters. “I’m fine. Seriously. But thank you for being concerned.”

Sulli opened up her arms for a hug. Seohyun and Tiffany group hugged. After they pulled away, Seohyun spoke. “I’ll be back in the morning. I’m going to spend the night at the hospital.”

“Okay. See you in the morning.” Sulli said goodbye.

Seohyun waved to her sisters and left the house. She slid into her car and started it up. She made her way to Seoul Hospital. As she pulled up to the hospital, a crowd of people stood in front of the entrance. Many held signs and were crying. Seohyun was puzzled. Then she read one of the signs. The sign read ‘Kyu Oppa! Get better!’ Seohyun smiled to herself. It was nice that Kyuhyun’s fans supported him enough to come to the hospital. Seohyun drove past the entrance and found a parking space in the parking lot. She parked the car, hopped off, and shut the door. She pulled up her hood and made her way to the crowd of people. She pushed through and made it inside the hospital. She walked up the receptionist desk and took off her hood.

“Excuse me?” Seohyun called out to the woman behind the desk.

The woman glanced up. Her eyes widened in shock. “Miss S-S-Seo Joohyun? H-How may I help you?”

The poor woman stuttered on the Seo part. Seohyun wasn’t surprised. Everywhere she went, everyone knew she was Seo. No one would approach her because of her family’s reputation.

“Hi. My fiancé was involved in an accident. I was told that he is in a coma.” Seohyun informed the woman.

“Ah, yes he is. He was brought in yesterday. But what can I do for you though, Miss S-Seo?” She asked.

“May I know what room he is in?”

“It’s past visiting hours though, Miss Seo. Only family is allowed to stay overnight. I’m very sorry.”

Seohyun’s body began to warm with irritation. She began to tap on the counter. Then an idea popped into her head. She leaned in and began to glare at the poor woman behind the desk.

“I asked you a question and I’m expecting an answer. Don’t make me repeat my question.” Seohyun whispered.

The woman gulped. “Um..I’m very sorry, Miss S-Seo, but that is classified information. Only family is allowed to stay overnight.”

“You know what, Miss –“ Seohyun glanced down at the woman’s name tag. “Miss Hyemi,  would like to know the wrath of the Seo Company?”

The woman shook her head.

“Then I suggest you tell me the room number. I am Kyuhyun’s fiancé and his future wife. Therefore, I am his ‘family’.”

The woman gulped once again and nodded her head. “I-I understand, Miss S-Seo. He is in room 249. I-I am very sorry. Have a nice night.”

Seohyun pulled back and smiled. “Thank you, Hyemi.”

“Just let me give you a family pass. Please sign in while you wait. And once again, I am very sorry.”

Seohyun let out a laugh. She signed in quickly. The receptionist slid the pass on the counter.

“Thank you.” Seohyun  thanked as she picked up the pass.

“To get to the room is just down the hall and to the left. Thank you for coming.”

Seohyun bowed to the receptionist and began to walk down the hallway. Seohyun felt bad for using her family’s reputation to get in but she was in the need to see Kyuhyun for herself. Seohyun reached the end of the hallway and turned left. When she reached the room, the door was open. She stepped in to see Kyuhyun hooked up to many machines and IV’s stuck in her arm. Seohyun’s eyes began to fill with tears. This was the first time she ever saw Kyuhyun like this, helpless. Kyuhyun was the opposite. He was always protecting her. Seohyun shut the door behind her and walked over to his bedside.  She pulled up a chair. Seohyun reached for Kyuhyun’s hand. Then a memory appeared in her head. From Kyuhyun’s point of view, Seohyun and Kyuhyun walked along the street, holding hands. The memory was becoming too overwhelming for her. Seohyun let go of Kyuhyun’s hand and let it drop lifelessly to his side. What was that memory? Why was it in Kyuhyun’s point of view? Was it his view of the memory? Was it power coming into play? How did she do it? All of these questions ran through Seohyun’s head.

“You’re wondering if that was your powers.” A voice said behind her.

 Seohyun swirled around in her chair and looked up. Changmin stood before her, smiling.

“I wish you would stop sneaking up on me like that. It’s beginning to piss me off.” Seohyun told him.

Changmin shrugged. “If you knew how to feel someone’s presence, you wouldn’t get scared.” He said as he said down next to her.

Seohyun let out a fake laugh. Changmin looked at her, confused. “Why are you laughing?” He asked.

“Because you know all of this stuff about your powers but here I know nothing.” Seohyun said, irritated.

Changmin contemplated for a couple of seconds before speaking. “I could teach you how to use your powers if you gave me a chance.”

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Hello all of my wonderful subbies! How is everyone?! I'm posting the update I promised yesterday. The reason why some of the stuff in the teaser isn't in here is because it's going to be in the next chapters. Hope that's okay. Sorry this update isn't anything really special. I had writer's block. -_- And sorry that this was boring. I'm not exactly sure how to make Seohyun and Changmin become closer. Any ideas? Oh and Seohyun and Kyuhyun have been dating for a REALLY long time. Their parents had already arranged them to be married ever since they were little kids. I'm sorry if the speed of this story is slow... Oh and I'm thinking about MAYBE deleting this story..I'm not really liking how it's turning out. Should I keep adding stuff to it or start fresh? Thank you for reading and sorry again for not updating for a long time! Having the stomach flu, an ear infection, a broken rib, and a sprained ALL at once is not pleasant. Don't forget to leave a comment! No silent readers! Hope you have a great day all!