Chapter 7

The Prey

Recap: "I want to know.. Because.. i care for all of you." At this time, sehun eyes widen and he murmered "iloveyou."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

''What? What did you just say? I couldn't catch what you are saying? Can repeat it?''

Sehun nonchantly replied "Then too bad." With that, he went out and slam the door shut without even looking at you.

After slamming the door shut, Sehun headed to a nearby field. He stopped on his track and sat down on the soft grass.

A cold wind blew past him and he felt that as though the wind was embracing him. "2 more days.." He mumbled to himself. He laid down on the grass and looked up to the sky. *Even after all these years, i still can't forget what happen that particular day.* With that, a tear slid down and dam his dry shirt.

--FLASHBACK--

"Remember to take care of your sister." That was the last sentence the queen said to her sons before her departure. Their sister was just like an angel that was send down by heaven. She was graceful in her actions with a clear and audible voice and is the moodmaker of the family. She has hazel brown eyes, soft and smooth brown hair that always matches her fair skin. She was most adorable at times when she purse her lips in thoughts. Her blood is sweet and tempting. In other words, her blood is rare. Due to this, lots of vampire tried to track her down just for her blood. This wonderful girl's name is Chaegyung.

A loud thud was heard and the glass scattered around in pieces. The six of them dash towards the kitchen check on Chaegyung. When they saw the sight, the six of them felt that something pulling their heartstring but none of them said anything and just shrugged it off.

"Chaegyung!" They all shouted in unison as they stopped their sister from picking up the glass pieces. "Let oppas do it. Don't hurt your own hand just by picking up all these glass pieces." Suho said in a soft and tender tone.

"But oppa.. I can't just let all of you do everything for me and i don't do anything right? Oppa please." Chaegyung look at them with her pleading cute eyes.

"Chaegyung! Don't use aegyo, because i'm the only one that can use it!" Sehun smiled and ruffled her hair. "Be obedient. Go to the living room and let oppas do the job. Go." D.O commanded.

Chaegyung pouted and nodded "But i want to stand here and wait for you all to finish it." They just smiled and nodded.

After finishing clearing the shattered glass piece. "Hyung can we go to the nearby field and play?" Sehun asked.

"Sure! Let's go!" Suho replied and pull Chaegyung along. Even though Chaegyung did not want to follow her brothers to the field, she have no choice but to agree to go with them.

Upon reaching the field, exok ran to the middle and played soccer. Its a boys' game so Chaegyung will have to sit at a corner and watch them play while reading her favourite novel.

Chaegyung was reading her favourite novel and was totally mesmerized by the book that she did not pay attention to her surrounding. At this moment, a vampire wearing black from head to toe emerged out from the dark forest and headed towards Chaegyung. He roughly pulled her ponytail and cupped to prevent her from seeking help. The vampire slowly dragged her light body into the dark forest while Chaegyung can only muffled a scream . On the other hand, the six boys were still having fun when they felt something pulled their heartstrings. All of their heads immediately turned to the location Chaegyung was at a few minutes ago but she was long gone. Their eyes scanned everywhere but Chaegyung was nowhere to be found. Worried and anxiety were written on each of their faces.

The only place left was the dark forest.

Their hopes of finding Chaegyung was slim. They proceeded into the dark forest and split up to search for Chaegyung. Suho walked into the narrow pathway that has a little amount of sunlight. In that location, he smelt the scent of Chaegyung's blood. He ran deeper into the forest that is guided by the pathway. while running, he occasionally spotted traces of blood that belongs to you. With each step he took, his heart clenched even more. Finally, he stopped his tracks when he spotted a petite figure infront of him. He walked closer to take a closer look and he saw who is that person. Chaegyung. Her body was pressed against a tall tree while the vampire is feeding on her blood. Chaehyung face was extremely pale at that time and she looked as if she was going to faint at any moment. At last, her legs gave way and she fell limply onto the ground as her own blood scent filled the whole forest.

Suho uncontrollably let his tears rolled down his cheeks. His beloved sister is going to die infront of his eyes. He immediately dash towards the vampire and attacked him ferociously without holding back. The rest of the boys rushed to the scene. Their heart dropped at the sight displayed infront of them. Their sister's face was now all pale, looking at them with an unreadable expression. Using her last bit of energy, Chaegyung lifted up her hands, hoping to feel the warmth coming from his brothers hands. Kyungsoo immediately dash towards her, but it was too late. Chaegyung felt her eyelids threatening to close as she let her last tear fall from her eyes and left feeling empty and lonely. The boys shouted in pain, their piercing screams sounded through the whole forest. So, this was the feeling of losing someone.

--END OF FLASHBACK--

Sehun sighed, remembering the painful experience that he encountered. *Chaegyung ah... Oppa failed to take good care of you. I'm sorry.* As he let his tears fall, one after another, wetting his shirt, weeping softly. Little did he know that someone is silently walking towards his direction.

[Your POV]

You saw a person lying down on the field. Being curious, you went up towards that person. With every step you took, the weeping sounds gets louder. It was only when you settled beside him, you realised that it was none other than Sehun. But something changed. The cold, pokerface of his was now replaced by a red, puffy eyes filled with sorrow. He is crying.

Hesistantly, you called out, "S-sehun.."

[No one POV]

Sehun jolted up into sitting position and turned his head towards the direction where you couldn't even take a closer glimpse at him. "Are you crying?" He resisted the urge to hug you. He have to control himself.

"Can you stop acting as if you want to help? If you don't feel like it, don't act like it." He stood up, sweeping the grass off his pants and put on his usual pokerface. When he was about to take off, he heard ...

"I'm not acting, bastard! Why is wrong with you? Is it so wrong to trust someone whole-heartedly? I'm trying to care but I just got rejected by some heartless fellow who only cares about himself. If this is how you want to play, then I'll give it my all. Don't force me to turn into a nasty being.'' He heard you shouted as you brushed past him, crying.

He swallowed and clenched his heart as he calmed himself down. *Was I too harsh to her? Perhaps. No! You can't give in! My sister's death was partly because of me. I don't wish to suffer the fear of losing someone precious again. Especially when the person is You. You won't want to encounter this painful experience again.*

He sighed and ruffled his hair in frustration as he followed behind you to make sure that you arrive home safely. Once you reached home, you ran up to your room. As for Sehun, he went to his room as well. He closed the door and stood behind it. "~~~~ I'm sorry if i hurt you. But i dont want you to be hurt because of me. I'm afraid to love you. I'm sorry I'm such a coward.." He lowered his head as he proceeded to do his night routine and went to bed.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's note: Hey dudes, I'm sorry that I can't make them confess now. Its too early to do that. I hope you will understand. Thank you.:D