Chapter 9

The Prey

Suho had nothing to say.

"See hyung.. Even I, the youngest here, know what is right and what is wrong but why can't you, the leader decide what is right and what is wrong?" Sehun glared at his leader while gritting his teeth.

"Hyung. For once, I won't follow your order. I'm leaving now." Kai twisted the door knob, preparing to step out of the house.

"I'm not allowing you ro go now." Suho said.

"Snap out of it, hyung." Kai snapped.

"If you want to go, we are going together." Kai turned back with a knowing smile. Suho return the smile before becomes serious again. "No one is to return unless we found her." Determination sparked in their hearts as they set off to find you.

Your POV

Once I stepped out of that house, I felt relaxed. There were no boundaries, no restrictions anymore. I am now free. The thing is, where can I go to now? My stubborness forced me to shake that thought away. I've decided not to get my into that house again. NEVER.  

My feet brought me to the nearby field- the place where Sehun cried two days ago. I laid down on the field and enjoy the sunlight. I closed my eyes and recalled the past events that had happened to me when I landed in this dimension. From the part where i almost got killed and been saved by the queen till now, it was vividly present in my mind. I never once remembered anything pleasant during my stay here. Although i hate to admit it, but i kind of feel grateful towards them. At least they didnt chase me out of the house, i was the one that ran out of it.

I gave a deep sigh and slowly open my eyes. What shocked me was the unfamiliar surrounding. It was then i realised that i was dragged into the forest. I looked up and squinted my eyes to get a clearer view of the kidnapper. I struggled to get out of his strong grip but to no avail. 

"Why did you bring me here?" 

"Simple, because of one reason. I want to make exok suffer."

"Why?"

"My father was once a king and i was the crown prince. But soon his position was taken away by his brother which is exok's father. Their father have more potential than my father. He was the reason why my father was kicked out and i was jealous of it. Im suppose to be the crown prince, not them! Now, i want to take revenge for my father since he cant do it. They deserve to be miserable."

"But why me? Why cant it be the others?"

"Are you a fool? Cant you see that they are in love with you? I've been looking out for you all since day one."

"Please tell me you are kidding. They are like mistreating me, how can they possibly like me?"

"I guess you are seriously a fool. Cant you see that even though they are mistreating you but their heart is liking you? They are just denying the fact that they love you. A bunch of fools. Seriously. But this is not the point of me bringing you here."

"Then what is it? Release me at once." I struggled to get out of this unfamiliar place.

"My main point is to kill you and make them miserable. You k ow their sister, Chaegyung? I was the one who killed her, because i want them to lose their loved ones to repay for my family's loss. Now, i will do the same to you. Kill you and make them suffer." The guy let out a evil laughter and took out a knife. 

"I know you are a human, from the supernatural realm. Oh. And is the princess of that realm. How will your parents and exok react when they see you like that?" 

He pierce his knife into my stomach making me crutch down in pain. He continued to torture me by kicking, punch, slapping. I toppled over the ground, screaming in pain. 

"Pain isn't it? Shout for all you want. Shout for exok. I doubt they know where you are." 

He inject the knife in me again but this time, it's my heart . He ran away in satisfaction. As time goes, my breathing became unstabled and my eyelid became heavier. I couldnt lift up my limbs. Feeling that my energy level have dropped to the lowest, my eyes threaten to close but i keep it open, hoping that exok will quickly find me. 

[Exok's pov]

Exok went out of the house and search all over the town but to no avail, they couldnt find you. 

"Where can she be? We have already search the whole town here but why cant we find her?" Chanyeol gasped. 

"There's another place. The field. Where Chaegyung was...... murdered." Sehun recalled the whole incident and shivered.

"What ar you waiting for? Let's go there now!" Suho raised his voice out of worry as he felt something bad had happened. *If anything happens to you, I'll be guilty for the rest of my life. So please, stay alive for me.* Suho let himself be lost in his thoughts as he headed off into the woods.

Your POV

I was beaten so badly I could hardly think of ways to escape. I was petrified, mainly because I know that I'm not stepping out of here, alive. My head hurts so much but I can do nothing about it. I could hardly count the number of times I've been kicked and slapped. All I wish for now is to be saved. Soon enough, I felt numb and grew dizzy. After a few seconds, everything around me turned black, I was lying unconcious on the cold ground. 

No one's POV

The exok members dashed into the woods and started searching for you. They grew even more worried when they couldn't find you. They had nearly searched every inch of the forest. Sehun ruffled his hair that was now tangled, hoping to find you. The sky became darker and the forest soon became silent.

This was it, the chance to hear your heartbeat. Maybe that will bring them to you. Ominous dark clouds covered the sky and released a sudden shower. Exok were all drenched in the rain but it does not matter anymore. They must find you, no matter what. From a distance, they can hear faint heartbeats that belongs to you. 

They clenched their fist, desperate to find you. As the proceeded further down into the forest, they spotted a familiar figure lying on the ground. To their dismay, it was you. Without delaying, they ran towards you at full speed. Kai looked up, only to see a man smirking at his direction. ''Like what you are seeing?'' the man spoke, his voice ice cold. ''No, so too bad, you're paying for this!'' Kai shouted at him, eyes slowly turning dark red. It was frightening and it showed no mercy. 

Kai grabbed the man's collar and flung his body onto the nearest tree-trunk causing the man to growl in pain. The man tried to punch Kai but Kai managed to dodge his attacks skillfully. ''Weakling, '' Kai muttered under his breath and grabbed the man's throat. In no time, the man was dead. 

In the meantime, Suho, Sehun, Baekhyun, Kyungsoo and Chanyeol surrounded you. They realised that you were losing too much of blood and they knew that they have to send you home now. They spotted tear stains on your cheeks and they felt remorseful. They regretted their actions. Suho brushed your bangs away as he Suho ordered Chanyeol to carry you home while the rest followed suit. Chanyeol nodded his head firmly, taking in the new information while he carried you bridal-styled. He used his free hand to cover your wound to avoid further bleeding. With that, they make a dash back home.