Two Souls in One Heart

♥His Little Love Game♥

 

To all who gave the definition of love: I appreciated it so much! kamsamnida!

 

-Cyrell’s POV-‘

“I quit!” I roared pathetically, finally giving up on looking the meaning of love in any of my dictionaries. “They just don’t give any clear definitions…”

 But then, my as always brilliant mind popped an imaginary light bulb. I think I knew what to do. “If dictionaries don’t know, maybe the ones who already felt it can explain to me.”

“Nahmi.”I chuckled happily knowing that in a little while, I’ll know the definition of love. I threw away the dictionary I was holding and finally got up from my bed.

-Key’s POV-

“Taemin!!!” I shouted as I knocked at Taemin’s door. “Taemin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

“Hyung… what’s wrong??” Minho peeped out from his slightly opened door, revealing almost half of his body.

“key, you’re disturbing my sleep.” Onew muttered angrily as he also peeped out from his door.

“eergh. Key. What are you doing??” Jonghyun probed, his eyes feebly closed as he went out from his room and grabbed some refreshments and handed it to Onew, Minho and me, “mind sharing you’re problem?”

I refused his offer snappily. “No thanks.”

Just when I was about to face back at Taemin’s door, it suddenly opened and revealed Taemin with his hair a little messed up and his eyes looks like he haven’t slept for a long while.

He glared at me.”WHAT?”

I exhaled deeply. “I have a problem.”

When they heard me, as if it was a kind of bell that tings, they clustered around. “That’s so unfair. Why are just sharing it with Taemin?”Onew stomped his feet, pretending to be angry.

“Share it with us hyung.”Minho pleaded and elbowed Jonghyun to respond. “yah. Key!”

“no!”

“please…”

“No.”

“even just the----“

“no! no! no!” I answered back, not even minding if they got hurt or not. But certainly, they wouldn’t.

Before I could continue with Taemin, they pulled him behind. “You can’t tell Taemin if you won’t tell us.” Jonghyun, who was the lead master mind smirked, gaining his first ever victory against me.

“pabo!”

Taemin finally spoke, “one for all, all for one.” He grab Onew’s juice and drunk it instead. “so tell us you’re problem.”

-Cyrell’s POV-

“What does it like to fall in love?”

Nahmi smiled happily, finally relating with the topic as if she was kind of master with it.  I sat closer to her on the bed and listened to her carefully.

“it’s like……” she pressed her chest and listened to what her heart says.. I guess. “It’s like.. you’re floating, it’s like you don’t want to end the day without seeing even his shadow, it’s like you’re missing him every second…”

What she is saying is in no difference in what my dictionaries explaining over and over. “I don’t get it.” I said aloud, totally frustrated with everything, “why can love be so hard to define?”

Nahmi sighed helplessly and reached over my hand. “I’m gonna ask you.”

“for what?” I asked suspiciously and took my hand. “tell me.”

“For us to know who you’re in love with?” Nahmi answered briefly. “Be honest.”

I furrowed my eyebrow. “okay….”

“In the morning, tell me the person that pops instantly on your mind whenever you wake up.”

Uhmm…. In the morning, yeah.. there is.. he’s the person that usually pops out from my mind, especially his face. Every time I wake up, I would usually think of an evil plan to piss him for today and even in getting in school I usually look for him to see if he’s in bad mood to make it worse. He’s my day to day problem. He’s…

“key.”

Before I noticed who my answer was, I heard a loud gasp from Nahmi.

“you’re in love with Kim Kibum?” Nahmi asked loudly, totally unbelieving the whole situation.

“no…no..no.. I bet you misunderstand it.” I tried to tame her down from crashing her own pillow. “It’s not that I like him… you know…”

“but he’s the first person that comes from you’re mind whenever you wake up. Just like me, for an instance, Taemin is the one always on my mind, as if he’s a tattoo craved beneath..—“

“is that the only basis?” I stood up. “come on, there must be another question you can ask me?” I probed as I was unconvinced of what she is pushing through.

Nahmi pretended to think and after a while, she snapped her fingers. “aha!” she looked at me and went on, “ Why do you hate Key?”

I pouted, knowing that explaining everything on why-I-hate-Key issue would took me one day to finish it. It’s like a long long long list rolled over written by my scribes.

“I hate him because he’s my worst enemy.”

“aside from that?”

Though I said I can have a whole lot list to say why I hate him, nothing blurt out from my mouth. I sometimes don’t know why I loath Key. It’s not just hatred, It’s extreme dislike. But I don’t know why…

“ I guess.. I hate him because……….”

“You’re keeping yourself from falling in love with him.” Nahmi finished for me, as if finishing the next piece of the puzzle. “That makes sense why all this time, you two act like cats and mouse.” Nahmi looked anxiously at me as if what she would say next would turn the world upside down.

“You two are both in love.” she added. . “and that would mean losing the game…”

 

-Key’s POV-

“What is love???????????” I asked them seriously. My eyes were being swollen from the whole no-sleep-at midnight making everyone quite blurry in my vision but as I eyed them all, their expressions were seen clear and vivid as they thought I was joking.

They laughed.

“you’re kidding me.” Taemin stood up from the sofa. “You woke me up for that?” he was surely not happy of what I had done. I just can’t simply sleep, for all this time my mind is bothering me of what is really is love and only by help could answer that.

Onew who was sitting between Minho and Jonghyun  tried to repress the growing irritation from Taemin. “calm down Taemin.” He signaled him to sit back, he was always the one who leads us, the only one who could tame us and always taking no sides whenever possible. “I guess… key needs some advice.”

Taemin, as what was commanded, sat back obediently and looked at me. “Love is………………..”

Everyone moved closer, listening carefully to what he will be saying next. “go on.”, Jonghyun encouraged.

“….i dunno.” Taemin looked down, totally ashamed for letting us expect. “I have fallen in love with all sorts of girls and I fully intend to go on doing so.”he quite admitted, but looking directly to his eyes, I know he’s not.

I noticed Minho smirking, and by looking at him, I instantly know what he would ask.” Key, are you in love?”

“No!” I replied. “I just want to know what love—“

“Look.” Jonghyun silenced me and looked at everyone, as if reading their thoughts at once and after he’s done, he went back to me. “we can’t give any definition about love, because it is a affectionate sensation that our body feels….and it comes  naturally. Whenever you feel it, you already know it is love unless……” Jonghyun took a sip from his juice, “ you deny it.”

“then?” I asked, still not getting what he was trying to point out.

“Then… it simply means that people nowadays tend to think that they’re not in love were in fact, they are. Thy just deny it themselves, thinking that what they are feelings has nothing to do with it.” Jonghyun explained.

Minho cleared his throat, gaining our attention back to him.” You might be in love hyung..”

“I guess….. not.”

“then let me ask you.” Minho said, more of a manlier approach. “Be honest.” He then exchanged glances with everyone, giving me a hint of what he will ask next. Uh-uh. “What do you usually feel when Hongki’s around with Cyrell?”

“I don’t know the right term.” I said. “it’s the feeling when I want to tear him down, pretend that he’s chicken and well….” I looked at Onew jokingly. “serve it to onew with garlic and onions”

“Hyung!”

“key!” Onew shouted. “That’s disgusting!” he gave everyone a disgusted look.

“You’re jealous.” Taemin teased, giving Jonghyun a reason to laugh hysterically, “Look at what fate had done, sometimes it’s oddly unpredictable, and the least you expect comes in always.”

“your very worst enemy…” Onew mumbled, realizing everything. “Might be the one you’ll bring to the altar soon enough.”

They all laughed. Except me.

I sighed heavily. “I guess… I dunno,,, does being jealous means you’re in love?”

Taemin chuckled  slyly, “It’s one of it’s manifestations.”

I don’t want to believe the truth in front of me. If by chance, I would have grabbed it and throw it far far away, where no one can be able to see it. I just hate them pushing me with their conviction. I need to know if … it’s true by myself . I checked out my watch, 1:30 AM… maybe later.

The laughs I heard awhile ago suddenly faded. Looking at them, Onew, Minho, Jonghyun and Taemin, I saw an emotion covered across their faces. Wariness.

 

-Cyrell’s POV-

After all the what-is-love session with Nahmi last midnight, I feel like puking with the intensely disgusting friendly advice from Nahmi. I don’t know if I’ll believe her.

I passed along the hallways when I saw girls clustering in one corner, talking about something. I moved closer, trying to somehow steal information of what they were chitchatting.

“Did you hear what happened to Chris and Samantha???” a girl with short blonde hair inquired. I moved a little closer. An inch… I guess and I tired to walk slowly.

“they joined the little love game and well……” another girl muttered. “they fell in love.”

I gasped, and find them digging their stares to me. “what are you looking at?” I asked snappily and raised my chin. I’m always a queenka, after all. The girls looked away and quickly parted, not continuing their conversation.

“hi yeobo!!!” I heard  a voice from behind.  Even when I don’t see his face, I already know he’s key. I ignored him, clutching my books to my chest and continued on my way.

“yeobo!!!!!!!!” Key shouted from a distant. I still ignored him. “all right. If you don’t stop then you’re in love with me!!” he said loudly making everyone glance at us. . You. Key.

As if my feet wasn’t listening, I found myself still walking and as if waking from a trance I stopped and looked back at him. “Kim Kibum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

“see… you’re feet says it all.” He said proudly while making a runway towards me. As he went closer and closer and well…. Closer, he gently grabbed my elbow and whispered to my ear,”Let’s talk privately.”

Everyone misunderstood it as Key being a romantic guy and well sort of asking me for a date that they, for the girls, shot daggers to me indirectly, they can’t let me see it or else… but I can still feel it while the boys displayed their threatened looks, especially the guys who gave me gifts during Valentines that until now, I still don’t know their names.

I followed obediently with Key, while playing along with the oh-so-romantic scene they thought.

Key led me to the rooftop of the school. At first, I felt the chill welcoming us but then felt an inner warm when I noticed that we were just alone, if this is what he is calling ‘private talk’.

“what do you wanna say?” I asked after he closed the door that divides the rooftop and the building.

“first.” He started to speak. “where’s the handkerchief you promised me?”

Face palm.

I quickly searched inside my bag and grasped the handkerchief I promised him. I swiftly handed it to him. “it’s the same with the one I threw in the park.”

“And stepped at.” Key added. “By the way, thanks.”

“That’s all?”

“No.”

“Heard of what happened with Samantha and Chris?” Key inquired and sat near a wall, resting his back against it. The rooftop is very open. If it was late afternoon, the sun might be burning us by now but then since its still morning, the cold breeze of Korea enveloped us instead. I sat beside him but leaving a huge space between, as if there is a person seated at the middle. “a little…only, I heard awhile ago.”

“They’re gone.” His voice was for the first time, pure of sadness and curiosity. “because they both lose the game.”

The topic made me remember the unknown punishment that both partners would be facing when they fall off the game and for some reason, it send shivers down my spine.

Actually, I could have cared less about the whole issue because in the first place, Samantha and Chris aren’t acquainted with me or either Key but the advice that Nahmi told me about unconsciously falling in love with Key seems to stroll in my mind. What if it’s true?

“Are they dead?” I asked. Perhaps not. Even if the school’s the one organizing the game, even still, Killing should not be the punishment.

Key didn’t answer. The terrified look on his face is quite evident. Why does he look so scared?

After a minute of deafening silence, Key spoke up. “I don’t think they’re dead.. you know. The school wouldn’t do such thing.”

“but I guess… the punishment is really hard.” He added.  “and now, we are stuck with this game but don’t worry, we only have two dates left.”

“if we don’t fall in love.” I whispered but loud enough for him to hear.

Key just kept quiet and looked at his left, opposing my side. In short, he looked away.

Before I could ask what the matter is, the rain poured down. Sh*t! I swiftly stood up and glanced at Key who was still sitting, facing to the other side and not saying any word as if he hadn’t felt any drops from the rain.

“Key!” I shouted. The rain was pouring heavier and the loud crashing of it against the cemented floor made a loud sound. “Key!”

At that moment, I felt something was entirely wrong about him. “Stand up now Key! It’s raining!” I almost can’t hear myself. “Key! I need to go!”

As I stepped away from him, It seems like the gravitation pulled me back to his place. I peeped over my shoulder and found him still sitting, calmly. This, I guess… would be the time he would nag out and rant everyone about his outfit getting wet, but nothing happened, even a slight wrinkle on his forehead is palpable.

I looked worriedly at him. The rain continued and found my hair soaking wet, my jeans and tops almost all damped. I ran back at him and leaned down, lining to his eye level. “key!!!!”

I shook him and finally, he looked at me. No..no…no..! scratch that! Following his gaze, he was not looking at my face but directly at my lips. He didn’t say any word but instead flew his hands, encircled it over my neck and pulled me, making our lips meet.

At first, I tried to back away with my hands pushing against his chest but just draw me closer and felt him smirk against my lips. Being the tough Cyrell you know, I punched his broad shoulders but then after awhile, I felt my lips almost bleeding after.he.bit.it.teasingly.

Finally, I gave up and as if my mind was out, I felt myself kissing him back. Waaawaiit… did I just?? Ohmigod. I felt his hands travelling under my blouse and since I’m not scandalous as what you think, I grabbed them and intertwined it with mine. Is it me or it’s just….. I heard a disappointed groan from him.

The rain stopped and so as our kiss. Still leaning against each other, we could still hear our heavy breathing. Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale. I looked up at him if he was also doing the same but he was just observing me.

And…just then I noticed our awkward position…….

“yah Key!!!!!!!!!!!!!” I shouted at him when he grinned happily. “why did you do that?”

He cleared his throat. “Why did you let me?” and plastered a devilish beam. “shut up!!!!” I replied back, not even wanting to talk about the scene. We then both stood up and headed towards the doorway when he grabbed my wrist from behind,“Cyrell….”

I glared at him thinking that he would pull me again for another kiss…which…which…is something I couldn’t resist okay. I admitted it. “What again?”

He gulped and looked directly at my eyes. “Would you believe If I say…” he paused and tried to consider his words. “If I say…..”

“Say what??” I almost shouted for keeping me waiting. Observing his face, I know he would say no joke at all… I know he would say something he’s bothering before. Something in which our lives are both connected.

The Little Love game.

“If I say, I’m already in love with you?”

 

Author’s note:

Huhuuhuhuhuhu…

I’m still in chapter 23.. yet they already fell in love. Fail!!!!!!

I thought this story would reach until 9999999999 chapters but well…

As I can predict, the near end is near.. near near…

Just…

Brace

Yourself.

Who knew Spanish????

estoy enamorado de ti……

claro que sí  suscribirse a

por supuesto comentarios!

Gracias!!!!

¡lo siento qué el culpa gramática

Y guardia revelado para el capítulo

Hahahahahha!

I now love speaking Espanyol!

¡de nada!

And to think I just used translator for this, kekekeke (not google translate but the translator installed inside my mom’s lappie toppie.) lul.

Mas Vale Pajaro Manong Que Ver Un Ciento Volar…

 

Adios!