Chapter 16 - Valentines Ball.

♥His Little Love Game♥

Anyone can catch your eye, but it takes someone special to catch your heart. 

~Author Unknown

 

-No One's POV-

Cyrell stood silently to where Nahmi left her. She continued turning around just to search for hongkey (hongki+key). She was busy looking for them that she didn't notice her mask falling down the floor.

"You look so gorgeous today" a husky voice made her turn to her side.

She was wearing this:

She saw a man in tuxedo. A man just her height and wearing a mask so she definitely don't know him. Everyone else inside the party hall looks so unidentified because of the masks and the flickering lights seemed to help.

"Cyrell..."

She looked at him startling what to do. 'how did he knew me?' the questions echoed to her mind, not even wanting to know the answer until she realized she wasn't wearing a mask anymore. The mystery man looked at her and smiled. He slowly bent down in front of her and picked the mask sitting beside her stilettos. He stood up and handed her the mask, "This is what masquerade balls known for." he paused. "Wearing masks."

Cyrell bit her lower lip and nodded, taking the mask from him. He was about to put her mask back when another man came in rushing towards her. "Thank God. You're here.", he said while panting for breath. She stared at him 'who is he?' he asked herself. She gently placed her mask back to cover half of her face and exposing only her lips and eyes. 

"Im hongki." he said after as if reading her mind.

She smiled and held his hand before the crowd steals him again. She looked at the unknown man beside her. His face looking gently at the floor. "Bye." she managed to mutter to the mystery guy beside before dragging Hongki out of the hall to the garden, where everything was peaceful.

They were both amazed as soon as they stepped out of the hall and entered the garden. The warm breeze made it even more special, the lights unveiled the scene and the plants grew bountifully. It was better than the flickering colored lights attached on the ceiling, the loud music casting around and the noisy cheering from the girls who were dancing freely. 

They stared at the view for like an hour. They thought they were looking at a painting. A painting that came to reality. 

Until reality snapped them back. They realized that they were staring at the view like idiots so that made them laugh a bit. "So, what do you want to do?" Hongki asked, trying to prevent the laugh to go deeper. Her face suddenly changed. "I want to talk to you." She looked at the ground and said shyly, "about Key."

"What's with Key." he asked while leading her to the couch. They sat down and that's the time Cyrell looked at Hongki with worried eyes. He could see it clearly. "Why did he punched you?" Those were the words that she stuttered to say. She was thinking of skipping that question but she just can't. She wanted to know the reason behind. She doesn't want to misunderstood Key as well as Hongki...She was determined to know.

There was a moment of silence between them.

Hongki looked at her so they ended up looking at each other's eyes. "It's my fault. Don't blame him.", he said directly and turned to look at the sky. "I was being insane.", he added. That made her even more curious than ever. "Tell me, what was it?" Cyrell asked and held his hand. Hongki smiled and intertwined it, swaying their hands back and forth. For that time, she felt sincerity with Hongki and at the same time, so eager to know the truth. She stopped her hand. "Just tell me...please."

"Only if you forgive me first."

She examined Hongki's expression deeply. He was looking now at the ground and waited patiently for her reply but Cyrell didn't instead, she decided to just explore his expression. His expression."You look so guilty. What have you done that needs forgiveness from me?" she asked after.

"I'll tell it later." He faced Cyrell and smiled. "Forgive me first." She nodded and smiled back. She'll never hate Hongki. She can't and she won't.  The wind blew across and the warm atmosphere was again felt. Hongki was quiet . They can only hear whispers flowing from the air and the soft hummings of the birds. 

"What if you'll lose the game?"He asked out of nowhere.

Cyrell chuckled. "That won't happen.", she said confidently and turned to face Hongki who's looking at her. "So would you mind telling me the reason why Key--" She was cut by Hongki. "It would be better if you wouldn't know it." he mumbled and stood up. So she was thinking that Hongki tricked her. She sighed and rose up, punching Hongki on his shoulder jokingly, "Jerk!" and dragged Hongki back inside the hall. 

The lights, sounds and everything welcomed them. "Let's dance", he said and offered his hand. Cyrell nodded and took it. The music changed soft as soon as they stepped at the middle as if the dj's waiting for them to dance. Hongki placed his hands down to her waist while Cyrell held his shoulders. Just then she saw Nahmi and the secret admirer, just the same as their position and dancing beside them. 

Nahmi noticed them and smiled at Cyrell. She mouth the words 'good luck' to her. She smiled back and continued dancing. 'this is the best valentines ever' she thought to herself and enjoyed the moment with him. Meanwhile, Hongki caught someone looking at them.The lights were dim and flickering but It was obvious that he wasnt just looking, he was glaing.

Hongki smirked.

 

He knew It was Key.

 

Hongki pretended to ignore him and focused on dancing but at the same time, he was leading themselves near Key. He was careful not to be noticed by Cyrell. They were now dancing in front of the mystery guy a.k.a Key. Hongki shot  glances at him once in a while to see if he's reacting but he's not. Hongki held Cyrell tighter, closing the distance between them but Key didnt made a move. Cyrell looked shock but the dim light made her oblivious.Key continued staring silently. Hongki was testing Key after all. He was determined to know something. 

He leaned closer to her face and was about to kiss when Key didn't take it and strode towards them. At that time, Cyrell was closing her eyes, slightly pouting her lips and waited for it to happen but It didn't. She felt his hands letting go and that's the time she opened her eyes and saw the mystery guy awhile ago just at her side. 

Key asked permission to Hongki if he could dance Cyrell. Hongki nodded in reply and gave her hands to key. He was smiling, smiling like he had achieved something. Cyrell looked at her toes, totally upset of the interrupted kiss. Key moved closer and placed his hands around her waist and for some reason, she reacted by helding his shoulders and started dancing. His scent was addicting   and that made her want to know him. His touch was warm and his lips was inviting. She leaned closer, wanting to kiss him so badly but before that happens, she stopped herself. 

Key noticed her actions but pretended that It wasn't big deal after all. Cyrell looked from side to side, completely searching for Taemin and Nahmi but they were nowhere to be seen.

-On the other Side-

Nahmi was wearing this:

(Kim Tae Hee again!!)

Taemin was silent for the whole time. He doesn't want himself to get jeopardized and he was just doing it  until Valentines ball would end. After that, he would continue ignoring Nahmi and the secret admirer issue would forever be buried. No one would know about it. Only him. He was using gestures for the whole time, preventing himself to talk. Nahmi stooped dancing and eyed him. She was pretty bored because her secret admirer didn't talk.

 

"Please talk...."

 

She looked at him and waited for a reply but Taemin just dragged her blandly to the lobby and out of the party hall. Nahmi let herself  be dragged until they reached the parking lot. The place was quite and light post seemed to give life to the lot. It was full of cars but It wasn't crowded, maybe because all of them are inside. 

"Will you talk now?" she asked again with a nervous grin plastered in her face. She's nervous beacuse 'first: why can't he just talk. second: considering the fact that we were alone in the park so what do you expect? of course..Im a girl, he's a boy. he might do creepy things to me.. but somewhere out of my mind said he won't. and third: He reminds me of someone...'

Before he started to talk, he cleared his throat five times, making sure that he would produce a different voice from Taemin. The lot was peaceful and solemn that made the 'clears-throat' sound sounded louder. "So what do you want to talk about?" he said after.

Nahmi literally dropped her jaw and widened her eyes in amusement. The different sound that taemin produced was more manlier. It was comforting. Nostalgic. She cant stop herself, she jumped and squealed happily at Taemin. "You're talking!!! " He grinned cheerfully and mumbled, "So tell me more about yourself."

Nahmi leaned on a red car and enumerated. "My name is Nahmi. Im Cyrell's bff. . Im happy-go-lucky. Cyrell and I are likewise, we sometimes tend to fight in our own conviction cause she hates Valentines and I dont. I cant blame her for that. She hates romantic ideas and I don't, but one thing we are in common, We are both Pretty." , She said with pride and crossed her arms.

Taemin chuckled deeply to what Nahmi said but he agreed to it. She's undeniably pretty. Her dress looks very simle but the elgance was purely emphasized. Simple elegance. 

"It's your turn."

Taemin smiled and stepped closer. "Im you're secret admirer. So, everything about me will be a secret." Nahmi scoffed. "unfair." Nahmi attempted to remove his mask but Taemin was quick to catch her hands. "You're simply naughty." he pinched her nose and she complained, absolutely disappointed that her attempt failed. 

"So tell me more about you again."he asserted.

Nahmi went serious and decided to talk about his long crush. Taemin, who was just standing next to her. "So I have this crush..." she stated and looked at the sky. Taemin felt interested and listened to her. "He was my crush since gradeschool up until now." She paused. "Go on." Taemin encouraged.

"He's handsome. popular. rich. smart. He has everything." She eventually stopped and looked at him. "He's my life." Upon hearing everything, Taemin felt jealousy. "Did he love you back?", he managed to ask, hiding the tone of jeaousy.

She shook her head, "No, he never did."

Taemin, however, felt sorry for Nahmi. He tapped her back gently. He was somehow thankful that the man didnt love him back or else...they'll end up together and he wouldn't have any chances on meeting her. "Who is he?"

 

"He's a secret."  She averted her eyes to the plain ground. "and I think he would forever be."

 

Taemin considered her words and didn't insisted since he was also a secret. His thoughts were interrupted when Nahmi started to spoke again. "So, how long would you be a secret admirer." The question made him froze. He knew the answer. "I'll be your secret admirer until the ball ends." He cleaved her hands and intertwined them. "Im here to be your partner, after this, you wouldnt be able to see me."he remarked and lead her inside the party hall.

The atmosphere changed as soon as they entered. 

 

-The Other Side Met the Opposite Side-

As Taemin and Nahmi stepped inside, Cyrell and Key both noticed them. They were now standing on the sides, emptying the center. The lights were focused at the middle and everyone watched as the master of the show made his way under the light. He was focused and there he started to talk. Nahmi and Taemin caught Cyrell looking at them so they walked towards her and stood beside. Key was looking at Taemin suspiciously while Taemin tries to hide his face. Their eyes are now looking at the same direction, to where the loud voice came from, to where the light was focused, to the master showman.

People started to laugh at his gags. He flipped his cue card and read "Now. we'll have to choose the lady and Gentleman of the night." There was a moment of silence. "and the title goes to....." He paused. There was again a moment of silence. Everyone was so eager to know it. They all stared at the master showman whose eye was looking all around until It finally landed at Key and Cyrell. They gulped in unison as the master slowly paced  to where they were standing. "Uh-uh." Cyrell muttered. 

They were both dragged in front by the fat showman and clapped happily. "So here are our Lady and Gentleman of the night. They are the ones whom i noticed that everyone was looking at a while ago." Everyone else started to clap including Hongki who was watching them from afar. He was happy for them. Sincerely happy. "and sorry. We can't reveal their names. They would forever stay as a mystery. Araso?"

"Araso!" Everyone said in reply. Loud cheerings were heard but It was once again stopped by the showman. "So, we would be picking the couple who had attracted people's eyes because of their outfits.", the fat ahjumma said happily. He started to roam around and stopped behind Nahmi and Taemin. "There you are." he muttered and dragged both of them in front. Nahmi froze while Taemin was shocked. 

They looked at Cyrell and Key at their side and saw them smiling.They stood their, hearing their claps, cheers, and the most unlikely to hear, "Valentines Kiss!" they were all screaming those two words. They never imagined how two words could kill them. "It's the school's Valentines Tradition. Valentines kiss." the showman explained. Of course, they knew it. They had no choice. Cyrell and Key faced each other while taemin and Nahmi did the same. 

 

"1.....2.....3.....kiss."

 

And there..Party poppers burst out. Confetti showered them and the most important part, Nahmi and Cyrell both squeezed their eyes, not even wanting to know that important thing. Cyrell felt the end of the world, she slowly opened her eyes and saw a man kissing her. Nahmi also forced her eyes to stay open and there he saw the secret admirer he was with, kissing her with his hands around her waist. She's somehow sad to the fact that he wouldn't be able to see him again.

Fast pounding or rapid beatings, butterflies in the stomach, brain shutting down,and heart started to take over. Those things were all felt for a moment. 

They parted at the same time and faced the crowd. The spotlight was enough to see them blushing especially Cyrell and Nahmi. "That was the best Valentines kiss ever!"the master said proudly and that made them blush even more.

 

 

 

hello! people?

kekekekeek

so far, this is my longest...

boring chappy..

kekekekeek

and I decided to make it a no one's pov so there POv's would

be a mystery to everyone

especially Hongki's

ha.ha.ha.

the next chapter would..uhmm...

i dunno..

stay tuned

and I promise to give you all a sneek peek on

the punishment if they'll fall in love to each other.

that's all for today...

bye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

please comment.............................

is it boring?????