Chapter 1

You're Mine

"Morning." Daehyun kisses the picture, before settling it down on the kitchen table. He tears a bite out of his sandwich, and grins again.

The boy looks as pretty as ever, with his angelic smile. His heart never fails to flutter at the sight of him.

His smile drops a little; sadness taking over his features.

"Jongup-ah." His voice is cracking slightly in despair

"Where the hell are you?"

------

“Your coffee, Sir.” Youngjae places the cup on the table, before briefing him on his schedule for the day.

Daehyun nods as the younger male continues to talk, sipping his coffee silently.

“….and Mr Bang demands a change of his personal assistant again. He complains that Mr Choi is,” He coughs awkwardly. “’screwing up his schedule.’”

“I have no time to interview new ones for him. Tell him to stick with Junhong.” Daehyun sighs irritably, knowing that Yongguk was ing around again. “That boy was my school junior; he never gets anything wrong. It’s just him being too fussy.”

“Yes Sir. I will get going now.” Youngjae bows and turns to exit.

A small buzz catches their attention.

Daehyun’s eyes darted to the screen; and a smirk manifests on his face.

“Mr Yoo?” Daehyun calls, before cheekily waggling his eyebrows. “Mr Kim has asked for you again. He wants to meet you at the café across the street at 5pm today.”

“Sir, please.” Youngjae’s cute features scrunched up in a frown. “I actually have an appointment this afternoon. Please convey my gratitude to Mr Kim for having invited me so many times—“

Daehyun raised his hand, preventing the boy from speaking further.

“I did tell him that you weren’t interested. But you know how persistent he is. The last time I rejected him on your behalf; he threatened to kill me.” Daehyun pursed his lips in an expression of self-sympathy.

“I do think it is more effective for you to reject him directly, face-to-face.”

After Daehyun’s continual persuasion for the next 10 minutes, Youngjae finally surrenders with a nod, and makes his exitquickly.

Daehyun smiles to himself, knowing that Himchan will be grateful to him for life now.

He swallows another mouthful of the sweet concoction, marvelling at how it seems to contain all his favourite ingredients today.

It tastes exactly like how Jongup would make it.

He makes a mental note to drop by the café in the afternoon to have tea.

For the good coffee.

And of course, he does not want to miss out on the interesting meeting between Yoo Youngjae and Kim Himchan.

----

Daehyun whistles happily as he walks towards the café, having clinched his fifth deal in the week. He is hungry, for food and drama.

He wonders how Himchan is going to turn up for the ‘date’ as he claimed in his message to him just now.

He has no doubt that there is going to be a good show and Youngjae’s reactions to it will be priceless.

Sure enough, the café entrance has been decorated with balloons of all colours, with a banner ‘Himjae’s first date’ covering the café sign. He scoffs at Himchan’s cheesiness.  Once he enters the café, an overwhelming smell takes over his senses and he plugs his nose to prevent more toxic gas from entering his body.

And the best thing is, Himchan is dressed in a perfectly fitting crisp tuxedo holding the biggest bouquet of roses he has ever seen in his life.

Himchan sure has outdone himself yet again. Daehyun takes his hat off him.

Youngjae is in for one hell of a surprise.

----

Daehyun snickers at the table (Himchan has kindly reserved a place for him to witness his ‘confession of the century’) as Youngjae settles down uncomfortably, eyes darting everywhere but Himchan himself.

Himchan is really nervous, Daehyun notices for the first time.

He reckons that he must really like Youngjae a lot to be so fidgety; his fingers are shaking and Daehyun is surprised that he hasn’t dropped the bouquet yet.

“H-h-h-here’s flowers f-f-f-for y-y-y-ou, Y-y-y-oungj-j-ae-shi.” Himchan is stuttering so badly, Daehyun has to turn his head to the side to laugh.

Youngjae blushes really hard, accepting the flowers awkwardly.

Daehyun is having a laughing fit now, waiting to see more juicy details.

But his happiness is cut short.

When the café door opens.

Revealing the very person he has been missing for the past 5 years.

His breath catches in his throat.

Eyes widening in shock.

Daehyun’s heart stops to beat for that moment.

"Jongup-ah."

 

I'm going to make it quite a long story because it's proving difficult for me to move the plot along for the other story ):

I guess no one really likes weird historical fics hahahaha