Chapter 6

Not just a house.

I was cutting fruits when the door bell rang. They’re here already?

“Key! Can you please get the door?” I called to him, who was just reading a book in the living room – closest to the door. He continued reading as if he didn’t hear me.

I sighed. I opened the door and four dashing men greeted me. Yep, it’s the other SHINee members.

“Hey. Uhm.. Key’s in the living. Make yourselves comfortable.”

“Will do!” Jonghyun said with a smirk. Oh, please don’t trash up the house.

They went to Key while I continued cutting in the kitchen.  I can hear them laughing and all, while Key was whining. I heard ‘annoying’ ‘irritating’ and ‘ugly’ from Key but the others were contradicting whatever it is.

I put the cut fruits in a tray and served them, who was now playing Mario Kart.

“Where’s the juice?” Key asked in a demanding tone.

“Can you not wait? You’re not even helping!” I said and the others ‘oooh!’-ed. He just rolled his eyes as I went back to prepare their juice. Ugh.

“I suppose you need help?” Minho!

“No. It’s fine. You’re a guest so.. just sit back there.” I said.

“I don’t mind.” I gave him an ‘are-you-sure look’ and handed him some of the oranges to squeeze out. Yes! Key likes it fresh. So damn picky.

“About the party..” He started. Crap! Did he found out? “I’m so sorry I didn’t know you were my hyung’s girl that’s why I was hitting on you.. and you’re responding too.. so I.. uhm.. thought that.. you know.” Phew! He didn’t. Wait. Whaaat?

“Hitting on me? You were?” I asked. I thought he was just making friends with me.

“You’re so clueless. How old are you anyway?” He said with a chuckle.

“I just turned eighteen.” I bit my lip.

“Really? Uhm.. Isn’t this marriage thing a little too early for you?”

“I know.. If I wasn’t tricked I wouldn’t have to m-” . “Uhm.. I love him and he loves me.. I think it’ll work out. We might fight a lot but that’s what makes the relationship stronger.” That was close, I hope he didn’t notice. He looks so engrossed in squeezing those oranges.

“Mhmmn.” Was all he replied. Then he turned to me. “Anyway, I’m going to be frank in asking.. Do you happen to know that Kibum likes Nana? You know her right?”

“The one at the party?” Hmm. So she’s the one Kibum really likes? That stupid bastard, he should’ve just confessed than kiss me! “Yeah. I know. We almost break up because of her.” I lied and his eyes widened. Uhm.. my tone was a bit… off?

“Wow. You seemed really cool about it.”

“Yeah well. I can’t really do anything if he happens to..”

“Kibum might act like a bastard, but I could tell he really loves you.” He cut me off. “He wouldn’t have to propose to you anyway if he didn’t. He just don’t know how to show his feelings..” Hah! If you only knew this was all fake. I managed to keep myself from laughing.

“Uh.. Yeah. I guess so..” I trailed.

“Yah! What’s taking you so long?” Key shouted.

“We better hurry before he nags again.” I said and poured the juice in each glass.

“I’ll carry the tray, you might spill it.” Minho offered.

“Thanks. But Key would be angry if I let you do that.”

Minho and I went to the living room. He went back to playing with the others while I was having a hard time carrying the tray. As I was about to place it on the center table, One glass tumbled down, spilling the contents to the carpet under the table. Face. Palm. Why the am I so clumsy?!

Key’s diva rant in 3.. 2.. 1..

“Yoo Rin! Look what you did! This carpet is expensive! I ordered it in Italy! Hand sewn! Gosh, can you get any more stupid? No, you can’t! You’re the most stupid thing ever. Aish~”

“I’m sorry..” I said quietly as I looked down in shame. Does he really have to scold me in front of his friends?

“Now what am I going to do? It’s all.. Arrrg! This. Is. All. Your. ing. Fault!” Then he kept ranting on and on how I got a bird’s brain.. The others were all too shocked to say anything, I think. Or they’re afraid that they’ll just anger him more.

I was still looking down, and I felt my cheeks wet. Am I crying? Crap. I am!

“I-I’m so s-sorry, I’ll j-just clean i-it later.” My voice trembled and I ran out to the back, not bothering to look up.

 I sat on the swing in the garden. I don’t know why tears kept rolling down. I guess it’s just I’ve never been too embarrassed. And I was called a bird-brained!

, , tramp, bird-brained.. What else are my names?!


      N  a  r  r  a  t  o  r     


“You went overboard, hyung.” The maknae broke the silence and went out to follow her.

Key was shocked that he was the one to cause her tears. But what even more bothered him was the other members. What if he blew their cover of their contract marriage because he was acting too harsh on her? He had completely forgotten that he was marrying her in about a week and he’s supposed to act all lovey dovey.

“I screwed up.. What if she hates me and bails out on our marriage?” He faked a sob.

“She won’t..” Minho patted him. “If you go say that you’re sorry now.”

“I think you should follow her.” Onew advised while Jonghyun nodded.

Meanwhile, in the garden.. Taemin tapped Yoo Rin’s shoulder. She was somehow hoping it was Key who followed her but disappointed when it wasn’t.

I should’ve known, why would he bother to follow anyway? That guy has no heart at all. She thought.

“Taemin..” She said as she quickly wiped her tears.

“Um, hey.. I’m sorry for what my hyung did. He’s just.. uhm.. maybe in a bad mood.”

“I know.” Then there was silence for long..

“Are you sure about this marriage, though? I-I don’t mean that hyung is bad or anything. He’s a really great guy. But.. you know.. eighteen? Isn’t that too early for you? I’m eighteen too and I can’t understand why you’d like to marry now when there’s a lot of time for us to find who really the one is.” Taemin said and Yoo Rin turned to look at him.

She wished she could tell him the reason why she’s marrying. She can’t find words to answer him because she knew that in any angle – he was right.

Taemin looked through her eyes. He regret saying those. She might change her mind and ruin his hyung’s marriage.

“Uh.. Whatever your and hyung’s decision is, I’ll support both of you anyway.” Taemin said.

“Thanks.” She replied.

“And promise me that you’ll tell me if you’re having a hard time, okay?” Taemin held out his pinky and she was stunned. “So.. Friends?”

She smiled and linked her pinky to his but then he pulled her arm and hugged her. Yoo Rin was surprised, but returned the hug.

“To ’93-ers!” Taemin cheered, still hugging her tightly.

 “I’m glad I made a friend.” She whispered. Though in the back of her mind, she wished that they were more than that. She wished that he should’ve been the one she’s marrying.

Oh boy, little miss Lee Yoo Rin’s got a little crush on Taeminnie.

The baffled almighty diva stood there, his heart flaring with jealousy. Not because he already likes her – he just doesn’t want others touching his property.