Chapter 3

Not just a house.

I kept on tossing and turning on the floor. “Aish!” I said as I sat up. I can’t sleep. I decided to go down and have a drink. I might as well just sleep on the couch. I headed to the kitchen and heard a voice.

“Hey! Do you remember one time when we’re on the backstage? I told you- no. it won’t work.” Key? What the hell is he doing?

“Uhm, hey. Want to be my girlfriend? Nah. Too cocky.”

“Please be mine. Oh God. That was desperate.”

“Will you be my girlfriend?” He said as he held out a box. I couldn’t make out what’s the shiny thingy. Probably a necklace or a ring..

“Sure, I would!” I finally butted in and chuckled.

“What the heck? You’re not asleep yet?” He jumped by the surprise.

“No. Duh. I’m just sleep walking and talking.”

“Right.” He said sarcastically as he the lights.

“What were you doing?” I asked.

“Uh.. Just.. Uhm, practicing. Yeah, practicing!” He chuckled nervously. Something’s not right with this diva.

“Practicing what?”

“Eh? Oh. Just a few lines for a show. Aish. You ask too much!” He complained.

“Continue practicing then.” I said then I went to the refrigerator to get a drink. I was waiting for him to execute his lines but he just stood there. “Yah. Come on, you were doing great earlier. I want to watch you.”

“Oh, shut up.” He said. So I did. “But really.. Was I doing great?” I just laughed. This guy is freaking moody.

As I was grabbing for a few snacks, he went beside me and opened one of the drawers in the kitchen counter.  He took out something – an envelope. He was giving it to me. I’m scared. What if it’s money? I was scared that he might kick me out again.

“It’s for you. I’m sorry if I opened it though.” I didn’t get what he said so I just opened it. It was a letter from my ‘bestfriends’.

Yoo Rin Chingu,

Mianhe~ we’re really sorry for selling your house. Soojin’s pregnant and we don’t know where to get money for the hospital bills. It’s our last resort. We’re really really sorry. We hope you’ll understand. Just think of it as charity. Your money will be for the baby. Enclosed is the picture of the baby. ^^ Thank you chingu!

 

With love from your friends,

Chi Hoon and Soo Jin :)

 

I looked at the ultrasound enclosed. I can’t help but cry. Are they really friends? They could’ve just asked for money! Why sell my house?!

I felt something on my shoulders. It was Key’s hand and he was awkwardly patting me.

“Don’t cry.” He said. I guess he’s the only one I have for now. I hugged him. He was surprised for sure but returned the hug anyway.

__________

A week. I haven’t slept a whole fricken’ week! I still can’t get over at the fact that my house has been sold. Although I’m living in it, the feeling is not the same. It’s as if I’m not where I’m supposed to be. Every time I close my eyes, memories of this house filled me. Other than those dramatic touches of why I can’t sleep, another factor is that I don’t have a bed.

Apart from those sleepless nights, living with the ‘almighty’ is not so bad after all. He’s mostly not home anyway. Sometimes, he would stay at their dorms, leaving me worrying when he would come back. Wait. Don’t get me wrong, it’s just I don’t know if I would cook for two or something. At least give me a call, right?

Anyway, it’s always better if he’s not home. Because when he’s here, nagging and criticism fills the house. And every move I make, every meal I cook, every clothes I wear, the critic a.k.a. Key says something. But I have to it up in order to stay here. It’s bearable anyway plus he pays me.

As I was cleaning for the nth time, ‘because he wants the house oh-so-ing-gleaming, I saw a luxurious envelope – an invitation! As nosy as I am, I opened it and my eyes were practically out of their sockets. Oh my gawd. It’s a party! I figured that there would be a lot of stars. Omo, Big Bang! Super Junior! Okaaay, Fangirl mode. Keke~ I have to get Key! So I ran out to the garden, where Key was lying on the grass reading a book.

“Key-sshi.” I said and he didn’t budge so I waited… after a few minutes, he closed the book.

“Ugh. What do you want, Yoo Rin?” he said in an annoyed tone.

“Uh.. I was hoping if you could let me come with you.. to this.” I smiled hopefully as I held up the envelope.

“No.” He said quickly and he gets back to his reading.

“aaah, why~?” I tried to sound cutely as possible. Yet, he didn’t reply.

“Come on~ Please? I promise I’ll behave! .... Oh! You could pretend we don’t know each other once we get there. Please, please, please?” I pleaded.

He sighed. “Still no.”

“Bastard.”

That made him close his book and face me. “Bwoh?!”

“Live well!” I said as I walked off.

I watched Key from the glass walls of the house; he’s still lying at the garden, reading. Keke~ since he’s being snobbish, I opened the garden sprinklers. I laughed at the sight of Key scrambled and ran through the house.

__________

Camera flashes everywhere, I can’t see a damn thing. That’s when someone grabbed my wrist and pulled me somewhere.

“How did you get here?!” oh, it’s Key.

“Uh. You left the invitation and I took the bus?” I smiled.

“Didn’t I tell you not to come?” he said, irritated. “Tch. You even dolled up.” He mumbled.

“It’s my business where I go. Besides, why are you talking to me? Shouldn’t we pretend not to know each other?”

“Aish, chincha.” He grumbled and walked off.

There were a lot of idols here. I can’t help but feel star strucked. Some people I talked to were presidents/officers of fan clubs, they even mistaken me for an idol. Wow, I look that good? Then suddenly, I felt like peeing. So I excused myself and start to find my way to the bathroom. After I did my business, I went out only to bump to someone.

“Oh. I’m sorry, I wasn’t looking.” I apologized as I bowed.

“Omo, I’m sorry too.” Said a deep voice. I looked up to see SHINee’s flaming charisma. Wow.

“It’s Minho-sshi.” I mumbled and he chuckled. I felt my cheeks flush. He’s hotter in person. He asked my name and we started chatting up. We even headed to the garden for some air! Or should I say privacy? Lol.  He’s way different than Key who’s so conceited and everything. Our conversation was good; he was actually a funny guy.

Then my stupid phone started ringing. “Yoboseyo?”

“Yah, I’m leaving already, so you too.”It was the bastard. you, Key. I was already making friends with an idol!

“Ah, excuse me.” I said to Minho and bowed. “I’ve got to take this.” He signaled that it was okay. So I left him for a moment. I saw the irritated Key standing by the buffet table.

I approached him. “I still have something to do, you go first.”

“What? Aish. I’m really leaving without you.” He said irritably.

“Then go.” I said as I started to head back to the garden area.


      N  a  r  r  a  t  o  r     


Meanwhile, When Yoo Rin was away, someone approached Minho.

“Enjoying the night?” She asked with teary eyes. She just saw the boy she’s infatuated with – talking to Yoo Rin with interest.

“Nana… When did you arrive? We haven’t talk for a while. Are you busy with Orange Caramel?” He smiled to her.

“Why are you being like this? Seriously, are you testing me? To see up to what point I can tolerate?” She asked, almost yelling.

“What are you talking about?” Curiosity filled the Flaming Charisma. He looked around to see if somebody saw the girl’s sudden outburst.

“I… Like you. Very much.”

“I’m sorry if there had been a misunderstanding, but I’ve never thought of you anything more than a sister.” Said Minho. “And also, do you know how much Key hyung likes you?”

“You look good together too.” He added.

“B –because of h-him.. You c-can’t like m-me?” Nana managed to choke out. She was too dismayed with the rejection. She went out of the garden area with teary eyes. Once she spotted Key, she approached him.

“Yah. Key! Do you like me?” Nana asked. Key was taken aback by the straightforward-ness of the question. “Love me? Tell me! Do you like me?” She asked again, more like a demand.

Yoo Rin was there, confused by the situation. Too confused to comprehend and was just standing there close to Key.

Minho followed. “What do you think you’re doing?!” He snapped at Nana, grabbing her wrist.

“I need to know! Tell me! Do you like me?!” She insisted.

“I like you a lot!” Key barked. “Yoo Rin.” He added as he grabbed the confused girl by his side. Minho stood there just as confused, letting go of Nana’s wrist.

Next thing was Key’s lips were on Yoo Rin’s.

Then there were numerous flashes of cameras and a crowd forming.