Chapter 2

Not just a house.

    Key’s Point of View   


She didn’t take the money. Where would she go now? The world’s dangerous especially she’s cute.. No, pretty. Wait? Why the am I complimenting that beggar?

I checked out the rooms in the house. Boy, it’s big! Then I went down again to clean the kitchen. Well, it’s my favorite part of the house. I opened the cupboards and drawers. Gosh, it’s sooo dusty. Then an envelope caught my eye. It’s a letter!

 

Yoo Rin Chingu,

Mianhe~ we’re really sorry for selling your house. Soojin’s pregnant and we don’t know where to get money for the hospital bills. It’s our last resort. We’re really really sorry. We hope you’ll understand. Just think of it as charity. Your money will be for the baby. Enclosed is the picture of the baby. ^^ Thank you chingu!

With love from your friends,

Chi Hoon and Soo Jin :)

 

I looked through the envelope. There’s an ultrasound of the baby. What the ing hell? They call themselves ‘friends’?! They’re the bastards, not me. Now, I really feel sorry for her. She’s no beggar then? But.. She doesn’t really look like one.

I received a call from manager hyung. He said I’ve got a schedule on KBS. So I immediately got ready. As I was driving off, I noticed the bus stop. She’s there! Her head hung, looking sad. I watched her from the side mirror, there’s the bus but she didn’t enter. Next thing, I was having a u-turn. Gosh, why do I care? I stopped across the bus stop and opened my window. She still didn’t notice me. So I got down the car. That’s when she saw me and looked the other way.

“Yah! What are you doing?” I asked and she pretended she didn’t hear. Stubborn much?

“What are you doing?” I asked again, louder this time.

“Why not mind your own business?!” she bursts.

“Get in.” I said.

“Are you crazy? Why would I get in your car?!” She said angrily. I scoffed. I’m trying to help you, damn it!

“You know, I’m giving you a chance to still stay at your so-called house. But if you’re not interested then… goodbye.” I said as I pretended to enter my car.

“Wait!” she said as she stood up. “Chincha?”

“Uh.. Yeah..”

Then we went back the house. I called manager hyung first though. I told him I might be a little late for my car broke. Geez, why am I taking her in? We sat by the living room.

“So.. Of course staying here has a price.” I said and she nodded. “You have to pay me with your body.”

“W-what?!” She said as she covered her upper torso.

I chuckled. “Not that kind. I’m no ert, babo. You have to work. Don’t worry, I’ll still be giving you allowance.”

She relaxed. “What kind of work?”

“Simple.” I said. “You have to clean the house, cook food for me.. Oh! I eat breakfast at 7 so food should be prepared earlier.”

“7? Then I have to wake up at 6. Isn’t that a little too early? You’re not even heading off to work by then, right?” She hopefully asked.

“It’s not too early, if you have a problem with that then get out.” Her head hung.

“And also, I’m a very private person.” I said.

“Ah, me too!” She agreed.

“Then living together can be very uncomfortable.”

“De~ it can be..”

“So.. You have to stay by your room while I’m home.” Her jaw dropped at that, she’s cute.

“Then, I’ll be off. I’ll get home by dinner. And… before I comeback, the living room, kitchen, comfort room, dining.. Must be clean.”

“Gleaming, Arasso?” She looked pissed but nodded anyway.


   Yoo Rin’s Point of View   


Ah~ I’m so tired, I cleaned the whole house. Wow, I’ve never done this when I still owned it. I looked at the clock.Wow. Time flies fast. Now, I must prepare our dinner. Let’s see. What shall I cook?

I don’t really cook well but still, I made it with great effort. I hope he’ll still appreciate it. Just when I finished preparing the table, I heard a car engine shutting. It’s Key!

“I’m home.” He declared.

“Key! I made you dinner!” I said excitedly.

“Really?” He smiled excitedly too. But then, when he reached the table, his smile turned to a frown. Then he sighed.

“Seriously, you call this ‘Dinner’?”

“What’s wrong with it?” I pouted.

“Whatever. Let’s just eat.” He said with a sigh while sitting down. I remain standing and he looked at me.

“Aren’t you eating?” He asked.

“I can eat with you?” I thought I was just a maid here.

“No.” he said and I pouted. “Geez, sit already! I’ll feel bad eating here and you just watching.” So, I sat and smiled..

I watched him take a spoonful. “Well? How does it taste like?” I asked excitedly.

“Aren’t you overreacting? It’s not like its special or something.”

“But still. It’s the first dinner I made for somebody.” I looked down.

“Well… It tastes okay.” He said. Then I lift my head and beamed.

“Really?”

“Yeah.” He said. Yessss!

As we finished, I took the plates to the sink. Gaah~ I’m tired and I still have to wash it all.

“Hey.” He called.

“Hmn?”

“Since you cooked for me for the first time, I’ll.. uh.. Wash the dishes.”

“Eh? I can do it..”

“Fine.” He said. Tch, he didn’t even bother to ask me again! I should’ve said okay. He went up to his room and came back in normal clothes. Then, He walked closer and helped me do the dishes. Wow, he isn’t bad after all.

“Thanks, Key-sshi.” I said as we finished.

“Uh.. Yeah. Uhm.. Aren’t you going to bed yet?”

“Oh, I’m going.” I said with a yawn. “Goodnight, Key-sshi.”

“Goodnight, too.” He said.

Then we both went up, just when I was about to enter my room he called me. “Yoo Rin.”

“Yeah?” I turned.

“Thanks for the dinner.” And I smiled in reply. “Though, next time.. Please cook a real dinner, okay?” he said snickering while entering his room.

I pouted and thought hard as I lay on the floor – Yeah, no bed.

What’s wrong with eggs and bacon?