Chapter 1

Not just a house.

  Yoo Rin's Point of View  


I just came back from my trip.

The house was empty.

Oh. My. God. Where is my furniture?! I’ve been robbed? I tried to call my best friends but they wouldn’t answer. I left them with the house. They said they would take care of it. How come it’s all empty?!

I sulked in a corner crying. I don’t know what to do. After crying for so long, I didn’t realize drifted off to sleep on the cold floor.

--

“Miss?... Miss?.. Excuse me, Miss?” I heard someone say as I felt taps on my shoulder.  I opened my eyes to see a middle aged man.

“Eh? Who are you?” I asked sleepily. Maybe I was just dreaming. I looked around, there were men carrying huge boxes. Is that my furniture?

“We should be asking that, miss. Somebody bought this house. Are you perhaps, a relative?” He asked.

“Somebody b-bought this house?” My voice was breaking. How did this happen?

“Yes. You don’t know him? Miss, sorry but you must leave.”

“But this is my house!” I argued.

He unfolded a piece of paper. It was the house title. The owner was no longer my name.

“Could you name the one who sold this?” I asked, trying to sound calm.

“Uh.. There’s two of them.. There’s Chi Hoon.. and the other was.. uh, Soojin? Yeah, it’s Soojin. Do you know them? The girl seems pregnant.. Tch, kids these days...” He said as he walked off. This can’t be. They’re my bestfriends! How could they do this to me? They know it’s the only thing I have! I’ve known them for 7 good years. How could they?

I fought back the tears and grabbed my suitcase, which was the only thing left that was mine. It’s only my clothes from the trip. In defeat, for I saw right then that they have the house title, I walked out. Where would I go now?

I checked the bank so I could withdraw even just to pay for somewhere to stay. But all they told me was that I have no balance.

“Yah! You call yourselves bestfriends?!” I cursed at the wind while walking back to my ex-house. I sat on the bench in the garden; I could no longer go in for the doorknobs were all new. It’s too cold here.

--

Next Morning..

“Yah!! Yah!! Get up!” I heard someone. I blinked. Woah. Am I seeing things? Isn’t he a SHINee member? Omo. I’m actually a fan of their songs. I got up.

“Eh?” I said, sleepily rubbing my eyes.

“Who are you? What are you doing in my house?” Bwoh? He bought my house?

“Annyeong. I’m Yoo Rin. Pardon me if I trespassed. I used to own this house.” I said.

“I already bought this.” He stated.

“Please, I’ll pay you back.. I can’t just give this away.” I plead.

“Tch. Why sell it then? I already paid a huge amount of money for it.” He said with a smirk.

“I didn’t! I was tricked…” I said sadly.

He just laughed. “That’s too bad, then.” He turned his back and walked to his car then faced me again. “I’m going somewhere. Be sure you’re out of here before I come back.”

“Tch, Beggar.” He mumbled as he entered the car.

YAH! I’m no beggar! I was raging inside. I understand that it’s his property now. That’s why I’m offering to pay back, he could’ve told me off nicely.

What a bastard. Tch. Arrogant bastard.


  Key’s Point of View  


Geez. I just bought the house and someone’s already pestering around.

I drove off to the SHINee dorm. I need to stay there for the night or they’ll find it suspicious. Keke~ they don’t know I bought a house! I only told manager hyung about it. Oh, well. I need privacy too.

It was the usual at the dorm. Onew hyung’s eating you-know-what, Jjong hyung’s over the phone talking to you-know-who, Minho’s out and Taeminnie’s cuddling you-know-what. We played, I cooked for them, Watched a movie.. It’s been so long since we had a break so we’re enjoying every minute of it. And then I spend the night…

I drove back to the house first thing in the morning only to find the beggar’s still there. She’s sleeping on the bench. Don’t tell me she spent the night here? Damn this girl.

“Yah! Didn’t I tell you to get out?!” I yelled at her. “YAH!” she didn’t stir or whatever, she just stayed there sleeping. My voice was loud, she’s probably pretending. I nudged her.

“Yah.” Still no reaction. What the hell? I shook her and that’s when she mumbled Grandma.

Eh?

“Yah. Get up now before I call the police.” I stated. She’s still unmoving. Tch, I touched her forehead. Omo! She’s burning up.

I took her in and placed her on the couch. I set a blanket and drove off to the nearest drugstore.

“Yah, take this.” I helped her sit up and take her medicine. Aish~ What a burden.

I even cooked porridge for her and helped her to eat it. While she was sleeping, I checked her baggage just in case I find any information about her because all I know is that she’s ‘Yoo Rin’. What if she’s a killer? Can’t risk this. There was a planner, and today is supposed to be her Grandma’s death anniversary. I felt a pang of sadness as I remembered my Grandmother, too. But then, Manager hyung called and said I must get back to SM.

“I’ll be right back, Arasso? If you’re hungry there’s more in the fridge.” I told her and she nodded weakly.


  Yoo Rin’s Point of View  


That Key guy is out right? I sat up. Aigoo~ my head still hurts but my fever is decreasing. I’ll get kicked out again if he knew I’m well. I’m hungry.

I went to the fridge. And.. Woah. So many food! I started with the fruits, then the cake and then the... Wowowow. Since when did I become such a pig? I guess it’s because I haven’t eaten for two days. Then I heard a car beep. Oh no! Did he already get back? Crap. What am I gonna do with this mess?! I quickly just shoved the mess back to the fridge. Yes, even the peelings. I’m so dead! I lay back down the couch and pretended to sleep. Just in time the door opened.

He walked to me and touched my forehead. Noooo! “Eh? Her fever’s gone.” Then he walked away. I peeked and saw him by the kitchen. Crap, crap, crap.

“Yah! You better clean the kitchen.” Crap, he saw it. While he went up, probably to change his clothes, I cleaned up the fridge. He went back to see me washing the dishes and sat at the dining.

“Ahh~ so dizzy.” I pretended to be dizzy.

He glared at me. “Yah, yah! Stop pretending, ok?” Tch. Then I silently cleaned away.

“Give me water.” He said.

“What?”

“WA-TER.” He emphasized. I got him water.

“Are you a beggar?” he asked and took a sip.

“Bwoh?”

“You sleep outside like a homeless person.” He stated.

“Tch. I’m sorry for the trouble I’ve caused you, but you are rude.”

“Take this and find a place.” He said as he handed me an envelope. I opened it to see lots of money.

“Why give this to me?”

“You have no place to go right?”

I scoffed. “But why are you just giving it to me?”

“Why? Because I feel sorry for you.” He smirked.

“Yah! Before you called me a beggar and apparently you think I am. Are you that Almighty? You’re making fun of a person! You- You..” I sort of shouted while I’m closing to tears of anger.

“Yah, you-”

“You bastard!” I said as I tossed the envelope back to him and get my things.

“Drama queen. Just take the money before you regret it.”

“It was interesting, but I’m off!” I said as I walked to the door. He walked to the door too.

“Sleep on the street if you wish!” He shouted as I got past the house.

Tch.