Chapter 4

Not just a house.

“I’m so disappointed in you, Kibum.” SHINee’s manager said as he pinched the bridge of his nose. “After all the hard work of building your image, you’re just going to ruin it like this? Are you out of your mind?”

It’s already midnight and the three of us – Key, the manager and I – are still stuck here in the manager’s office because of Key’s stunt earlier. As much as I’d like to sleep now, I couldn’t. One, I’ll look stupid. And two, I’m so friggin’ nervous because I was a part of what happened. What if the manager suddenly burst? He’s literally fuming.

Opposite to me, Key sat there playing with his fingers as if bored. Aigoo~ Does this guy have ever care at all? I so want to punch him.

“Yah! Don’t you have at least something to say?!” Barked the manager. I jumped slightly by the tone of his voice. There was silence for a few moments. I’d like to break it but I couldn’t think of anything to say. And having to think about it, I don’t really have a say in this. It’s all the diva’s fault.

“Hyung, it’s late. Can’t we talk about this tomorrow?” Key said calmly, finally breaking the silence.

The manager let out a heavy sigh. “Arasso. You better give me a solution to this by tomorrow. Be ready, the president might call you whenever.” I’m guessing he’s ticked off and giving up because Key’s acting uninterested anyway.

“G’Night, Jin hyung.” He said as he grabbed me by my wrist and pulled me out of the office. As we went down the ground floor, the other SHINee members quickly approached us.

“Hyung. What did manager hyung said?” Asked the maknae.

“Yah. I didn’t know you had it in you.” Jonghyun said with a smirk, earning a smack in the head from the leader.

Minho just stood there not saying anything.

Key ignored them all and even quickened his pace, still dragging me. I bowed goodbye to them as a sign of courtesy.

The ride home was complete silence. I didn’t dare to say a word. He was driving at a crazy speed too, which makes me even more afraid of him. Once he pulled to the driveway, he was out with a slam before I even unbuckled my seatbelt.

When I entered the house, he was by the refrigerator grabbing a can of beer.

“Yah!” I called to him.

“What?!” He said irritatedly as he opened his beer.

“Let’s just.. Uh.. Talk for a moment.” I replied.

“Talk about what?”

This really ticked me off. “YAH! Are you asking because you don’t know?! Aish. Really!” I throw my hands up.

“What?” He asked.

I scoffed. “Considering what happened earlier, you should have at least something to say!”

He just walked away and sat in the living room. I followed.

“You can’t just do anything as you please to me. I’m not an easy woman!”

He just rolls his eyes. Really, I can’t take him anymore! I was about to slap him to his senses when suddenly..

“Let’s get married, Yoo Rin-ah.” Oh. My. God. Is he serious?

“A-are you c-crazy? I don’t like you! Why in the world would I marry you?” I asked still unbelieving whatever he’s saying.

“I don’t like you either.” He scoffed.

“Good. Then why get married? Are you on drugs, huh?”

“It’s easy to divorce nowadays anyway.” He simply said.

“Divorce?”

“Don’t tell me you intend to live with me for the rest of your life?” He sneered. I blinked. Hey, I didn’t even agree yet.. What is this dude’s talking about?

“I’m sick and tired of all the scandals about me.. The girls hanging around too. I’ll hire you as my wife. I’ll give you salary and when we divorce, I’ll even give you alimony.”

Still unconvinced, I’m about to walk out on him. Maybe he’s just out of his mind for now and I’ll let this pass…

“Oh.. I’ll give you this house.” He added. My eyes widened and I turned back to him.

“So think over it and decide.” He said with a victorious smile painted on his face. Key then went upstairs to his bedroom.

This bastard. He knows what my weakness is. What do I do? This is a chance to regain my ex-house. But then.. I can’t stand living with him! Aaaaah~ I’m going crazy!! But he said we can get a divorce…

I went after Key to his bedroom and pushed his sliding door open.

“Ack!” I quickly covered my eyes. I’ve just seen Key with nothing on but his boxer shorts. Omo, I could feel my cheeks reddening. Of shame, of course. What any reason could it possibly be? Ah~ this is the first time I’ve entered a guy’s room. He’s changing clothes too. God, Am I a ert?

“Yah! What have I told you about privacy!” he barked.

“M-mianhe.” I stuttered. “I just wanted to tell you that I..” He raised an eyebrow, waiting for me to continue.

Before I knew it, these three words suddenly came out of my mouth..

Three words I only wish to tell my one true love and the one I wanted to live with for the rest of my life. Three words I never ever imagined to speak of at the age of eighteen. Three words I never once dreamed of telling him.

These three words?

 

 

“...I’ll marry you.”