Meeting their 'cousin' Part02

A Key to a Locked Heart

At exactly 9am, the van arrives at the Seoul International Airlines. Mrs. Kim tells her grandchildren to go to the waiting area and instructs the driver to find a parking space. While they are walking to the waiting area, Key asks his grandma.

 

“Uhm. I’m hungry?” Key tells. He doesn’t actually want to say that he’s hungry. In fact, he isn’t hungry. He just wants to break the silence since no one dares to speak.

 

 “Let’s wait a little longer. We’ll eat together. He’ll be here at any moment.” Grandma tells him. Brushing Key’s hair. He nods and smiles at his grandma.

 

“I think, it’s him!” Red shouts and points her finger on a guy wearing simple brown vest and black shades. As soon as she points her finger onto him, he smiles and walks to them.

 

-Red’s POV-

“Uhm. I’m hungry?” Key tells as we arrived at the waiting area. I bet he’s not hungry. He’ll rant if he is.

 

 “Let’s wait a little longer. We’ll eat together. He’ll be here at any moment.” Grandma tells him. Brushing Key’s hair. He nods and smiles at Mrs. Kim.

 

“I think, it’s him!” I shout and set my eyes on a guy wearing simple brown vest and black shades. I lay my eyes on him, he smiles and walks to us.

 

“Grandma?” The guy spoke and grandma hugs him. I can say that grandma is really close to the guy so does the guy. They seem really a family.

 

I stole a glance at Key and he was just standing there, calculating his own actions. I can see that he is a bit awkward towards the guy. It’s normal since this is the first time he met his ‘cousin’. I understand him. But I know Key, he’s my best friend. He can make friends at any one. He can make friends to his new cousin as days pass by.

 

“Minhyuk-a, it’s you~” Grandma cries. Just as we know that he is the guy that grandma was telling us. She introduced us to him and vice versa. And the conversation went like this.

 

Grandma introduced her grandsons Key and Taemin to the guy. As Key spoke, he goes, “Hi. I’m Kim Ki Bum. You can call me Key.” Like that. And Key bowed.

 

“Lee Taemin imnida.” Taemin just smiled and bowed at him.

 

After Taemin introduced himself, I followed with “Lee –” But Key butted in and introduced me instead.

 

“She is Lee Red. My best friend.” Key introduced me; I bowed and simply smiled at him. You know, first impression lasts. And Key introduced the rest of the gang. He introduced us in English. Yes. He is really good at speaking English. I think he introduced himself in English since they guy came from the US.

 

So the guy spoke and introduced himself with, “Annyeonghaseyo, Kang Minhyuk imnida.” He bowed to each of us and I think that is how well-mannered he is.

 

“Whoa! He knows Korean. Cool~” Jonghyun said in amazement but Key rolled his eyes and said, “Of course. He’s still Korean.”

-End of Red’s POV-

 

 

“I wish you all good. Stay together some time so you all have time to know each other.” Mrs. Kim told us and we agreed. “So, let’s continue our conversation in a lunch break. Where do want to eat Minhyuk-a?” Grandma faces Minhyuk and tells her where he wants to eat. But as grandma was about to walk, Key speaks “Uhm, Grandma?” He asks.

 

“What is it, Key?” Grandma turns his eyes on Key.

 

“I think you and Minhyuk should go on a lunch.” Key says.

 

“You’re hungry, aren’t you? You said a while ago.” Grandma asks.

 

“I think I am not hungry now.” Key simply answers.

 

“But we’re hungry!” Onew butts in and Taemin follows, “Yea. Me either.” Key turns around to face the gang and signals them not to in.

 

“Oh ya. We’ll eat later, grandma. Maybe some other time. This is not the first meeting, right? Anyway, nice knowing you Minhyuk.” Red interrupts and looks at Key.

 

Key smiles at her thanking her for stating what he meant to say. Grandma allows them and the gang bid their goodbyes.

 

 

 


 

Ooh. What happens to Key? O.o