But Taemin is sick!

A Key to a Locked Heart

The two went inside the house. “Call Taemin and tell him to go here.” Red tells Key as they both walk upstairs. Hearing this, Key excuses himself and runs to the bathroom.

 

“Hey! Where are you going?” Red asks which made the young man stopped from his track.

 

“Duh? To pee!” He says as he closes the bathroom door.

 

She goes back to the kitchen and grabs the snacks and drinks she prepared a while ago. She puts all of it on a tray and headed to her room. At the same time inside the bathroom, Key dials Taemin’s contact number and it rings, “Hello, hyung?” The young man answers.

 

“Hey, Taemin…” He lowers his voice, not letting anyone hears him. “Don’t go here. You understand?” He says. Making Taemin asks “Why?”. 

 

“Just don’t go here! You understand me?” Key says. Minimizing his voice.

 

“Uhm. Okay hyung. I understand you. But wh--” Key hangs the call even before Taemin completes his sentence.

 

 

 

7.25 At Red’s room…

“Did you call Taemin?” she asks while jotting down notes. Not looking at him. Key walks inside the room and sits beside her. Key was sure that Red didn’t notice him calling Taemin and telling the young man not to come. Because if she knows, she surely got mad at him. He opens his school bag and takes out his note books and books, passing it to her.

 

“Ye.” He simply says.

 

She looks at him, “So? Is he coming?” and continues to write on her notes.

 

“He’s not feeling well.” He says as he takes one book and surfs his fingers through the pages.

 

She pauses.  “Really?” And looks at Key wearing a worried face, “Oh… Taemin must be sick. I should go check on him.” She puts down her notes and just about to stand when Key grabs her hand, “He’s fine.” Key says.

 

“What? He’s not feeling well yet he’s fine?” Red asks with annoyance.

 

“Really. He’s fine.” Key says, making his tone relax as much as possible. He doesn’t want Red to know that he is just lying. Key knows his best friend. So does Red. They know each other very well. She knows if Key’s lying and vice versa. So Key has to make a straight face.

 

After a few seconds of silence, Red speaks. “Call him.” She retorts.

 

“What?” Key asks her, still wearing his straight face but a little annoyed.

 

“Call Taemin. I want to know if he’s doing fine…” She says. “Or I’ll call him.” and continues.

 

“No need. Taemin needs rest. Otherwise, he’s alre---”

 

DING! DONG!

 

Key stops from his talking when somebody presses the door bell. They go downstairs to see who it is since no one’s in the house except the two of them. When they are on the living area, they peek on the window. They can’t see who it is so Key decides to check on it.

 

She’s about to tilt the knob but Key moves her hand, “Wait! I’ll go check that.” Key opens the door just a little, enough for a head to pop and he stares at the gate. From his view, he sees somebody is standing in front of the gate but her/his back is facing the front gate. He/She is an inches smaller than his height, he thought.

 

“Who is it?” She looks at Key; her voice is low, almost whispering.

 

Key turns his face to Red and tells, “I don’t know. I’ll go outside, don’t move. Just stay there. Okay?” He says and she nods. “Be careful, Key.” Red says and Key nods. He opens the door wide and slowly walks outside the house going through the veranda and is about to ask who is the person when he/she turns around.

 

 

 

 “Taemin!?”

 

 

 

 


 

Oooh. It's Taemin. :O

What do you think of this chapter? Bland? Or just okay? Comment! :)