His thoughts...

A Key to a Locked Heart

-Key’s POV-

 

“Who is it?” She looks at me; her voice is low, almost whispering.

 

I turn my face to Red and tell, “I don’t know. I’ll go outside, don’t move. Just stay there. Okay?” I say and she nods. “Be careful, Key.” Red says and I just nod. I open the door wide and slowly walk outside the house going through the veranda and is about to ask who is the person when he/she turns around.

 

 “Taemin!?”

 

And there. There standing is Taemin. He smiles brightly as I recognize him. How could have I never knew that?

 

“Taemin!?” Red asks me as she hears me from outside. Oh yea. She hears me. I turn around and I saw her peeked at the door.

 

“Ugh~” I rolled my eyes when she was about to open the door widely.

 

“Hey, Key-ssi!” Red calls me, “Open the gate. Don’t just stand there.” She says as she stays in the openly wide door.

 

“Hyung! Open it! It’s kind of cold in here. I might die!” Taemin said. Still smiling brightly. I hate that I love his smile. It’s just so irresistible. But I hate him this time!

 

“Ya! Taemin might die in cold!” Red continues.

 

I walk towards the gate, unlock and open it. Taemin walks inside and runs to her. He just runs to her without even noticing me.

 

“How are you? Do you feel fine now? You should have blah blah blah!” I heard Red blabbing her worriedness about Taemin’s health.

 

Ugh~!

 

“Hey, Key! Let’s go inside! It’s cold in here!” She signals me to come inside when she saw I’m not moving an inch. I just rolled my eyes.

 

“Hyung! Come on.” Taemin calls me. You finally notice me, huh! You mushroom head!

 

“Tsk. What a hard-headed he is. Come on, Taemin. Let’s just go inside.” She says and holds Taemin’s hand.

 

“Yea. Key hyung can be a hard-headed sometimes.” I heard Taemin said. And they both went to Red’s room. I followed them after a few minutes. As I reach the room, I hear them talking, so I silently walk along the hallway.

 

“How are you Taemin?” I hear she asks. I peek on the slightly open door. She was checking his body temperature by putting her palm onto his forehead.

 

“I’m okay noona. I’m not –”

 

Before he finishes his sentence, I swiftly enter the room.

 

“Okay, Red. Let’s start with your homework.” I say. Grabbing my things and putting it on her bed.

 

“But we can’t continue this…”  She walks toward me and continues, “When someone’s not feeling well.” I stare at her stoop pretty face. Ugh~ I can’t stand seeing her like this. Why it has to be like this? I know she’s really worried about Taemin, but it’s only a fake illness. How can I tell her that I’m only just faking this whole ‘sick’ thing? But I can’t tell her, she will definitely get mad at me. And I don’t want that to happen. I don’t want her to get mad at me.

 

I look at Taemin and signal him to go home. But he was just smiling there like an idiot.

 

“Yes. We will continue this.” I look at her and offer her my notes.

 

“But Taemin is sick.” She looks at me.

 

“Who’s sick?” Taemin, who was at the bedside chair, asks innocently.

 

Well, you! Duh? ~

 

I turn my head to face Taemin and gave him a big-eyes stare. He didn’t seem to understand it and asks the same question again. “It’s you, Taemin. You’re sick, right?” I said with a concern tone.

 

Please, Lee Taemin. I’m talking to your soul. I’m mentally talking to you! Cooperate with me!

 

“But I’m not sick, hyung. Look!” He says and starts to run around the room.

 

I swear. Taemin looks like a pony running around Red’s room. So, I stop him and grab his arms.

 

“No, Taemin. Stop that. You need rest. Come on, I’ll send you home.” And told him to stop running like a horse.

 

“You better stop now Taemin. I know you didn’t feel better. You’re just faking.” Red says and walks to her study table, putting all her notes back to her school bag. “Key, just send him home and stay with him.” She looks at me.

 

“But, how about your homework…” I say, this time with much serious tone.

 

“It’s okay. I’ll just borrow few of your notes and see what I can do.” Red says with a sad tone.

 

And she grabs my school bag and hand it over to me. I insist to stay with her and will send Taemin home and will help her about her homework. But she also insists not to.

 

So, she bids her goodbye before sending us off. Taemin speaks after Red disappears from my sight. Aish.

 

“Noona must be tired.” Taemin says and walks ahead of me.

 

“Why can’t you understand!?” I roar but he just turns his head and gave me an innocent stare.

 

“You know what, hyung?” He walks near me and taps my shoulder. I ask what and he told me that I should have given him a hint at the first place to let Red and I have time together.

 

“Didn’t I give you a hint? That big-eyes stare. The ‘fake’ illness. That!” I say enumerating all the hints.

 

“Oh, hyung. Was that a hint? I’m sorry. I didn’t get it.” He says and runs back to the house like a 5 year-old kid.

 

OMG. This young man.