Taemin can't lie, but he lies

A Key to a Locked Heart

Key prepares to go to school. His thoughts are still in Red. He wonders if she’s okay. She seems really worried about Taemin’s ‘fake’ illness. As he remembers about the incident last night, he runs downstairs and finds Taemin who is in the dining area.

 

“Taemin-a.” Key sits across him and casually tells him about something. Taemin looks at him while chewing his sandwich breakfast.

 

“You know that Red knows you have fever right? You’re sick right?” Key tells.

 

“Uhm.. Yea.” Taemin nods and chews the last bite of his sandwich.

 

“If you ever see her, and she asks you if you’re feeling well, tell her that you’re okay now. Tell her that you don’t have a fever anymore. Is that okay?” Key asks.

 

“Uhm. Okay hyung.” Taemin says. Sipping a bottle of fresh milk. “I just tell her that I’m okay? Is that it?”

 

“Yes. No more, no less.” Key says.

 

DING! DONG!

 

“It must be them.” Taemin takes the last sip of his milk and puts one bottled milk in his school bag.

 

Key walks at the door followed by Taemin and see the gang waving at them. They walk outside realizing Red is with them.

 

“I heard Taemin is sick.” A smiling guy from the gang asks.

 

“Who told you?” Key asks. They walk outside.

 

“Me. Is Taemin okay? Taemin, are you okay now? Do you feel better now?” Red asks Key and Taemin.

 

“Ne. I feel better now. Sorry if I made you worry.” Taemin says looking a little bit uneasy. He just can’t lie.

 

“Okay! Okay! So everyone feels better now. Let’s get out of here!” The blonde, short guy tells them. Just as the blonde guy walks pass them, a taller guy speaks.

 

“Onew hyung and Jonghyun hyung, your way are here right? Why are you going to the other way?” Minho smirks.

 

“They have their own business, don’t in.” Key smirks and the rest laughs.

 

“Oh yea. Onew hyung and I have to go somewhere that you little men don’t have something to do.” Jonghyun says and slightly taps Onew’s shoulder.

 

“Yes. Don’t mind the old men. Young men should stick together right?” Key smirks and they bid their goodbye to the two old men as they walk across the street.

 

After minutes, they have arrived at the school and went to their respective rooms. Since Taemin is the youngest, his room is located at the 1st bldg. for the 3rd year. Key, Minho, and Red share a room beside Taemin’s bldg. They are 4th year students. Onew and Jonghyun are on the other school since they are already in college.

 

 

 

5.15PM

The class ends and went pretty well. Key, Minho, Taemin, and Red are in the waiting shed, waiting for Onew and Jonghyun. After a few minutes of waiting and random chitchatting, Onew and Jonghyun arrived.

 

“So how’s school?” Onew asks as he sits beside Taemin.

 

“Pretty well. Seems time passes so fast.” Red says.

 

“Because you’re asleep. That’s why you didn’t notice the time.” Minho smirks and receives a slightly tap from Red who is beside Key.

 

“I saw her too. She slept in class.” Key says and also receives a tap from Red.

 

“I don’t sleep. I just closed my eyes.” Red says disagreeing.

 

“Yes, you are. You close your eyes because you are sleeping.” Minho laughs and high-fiving Key, who is also laughing.

 

“HAHAHAHA. FUNNY!” Red rolled her eyes and the rest laugh.