Episode 2 - Polar Reactions

Mnet Mash Up

You were in a room by yourself sitting in front of the camera.

You throw your head back and cover your face, “Ahh, I think I’m going to go crazy…”

You’re going to do this for one whole month though…

“Did the members really vote me out?” you asked, dumbfounded.

It wasn’t us…

The screen switches back to the first day and you seemed to have found all the cameras as you play around in front of it.

Jenny seems to have taken it well…

You grabbed a stool and stood on it so that your face was directly in front of the camera.

“I can’t go exploring because it’s an invasion of privacy so until the members of group come back…”

You pouted as you looked up, “Couldn’t you have told me I was going to move? Couldn’t you at least tell me the group? Couldn’t you have given me a heads up? Kwangsoo oppa…”

It would have taken out all the fun if we told you earlier.

You stepped off the stool and sat back down on the ground, near your suitcase. Remaining silent, you went through your bag but then broke down and whined to yourself.

 “Aw man… Mnet have covered up all the photos and poster so I can’t even work out which group this dorm belongs too…”

3:40 AM – ALPHA comes home

“Do you think our new leader will be older than us?” Sammy asked.

“Nah, I don’t think so, I think they would have picked someone around Jenny’s age.”

“So we’re noonas?” So Yeon asked in a concerned voice.

“Yay! That means we get an oppa, “Ji Hae celebrated.

Guys… what if Jenny sees this?

“He’s already in the dorm, yeah?” Min Jung asked.

“What if he sees us without our make-up?” So Yeon asked.

“Oh! You’re right. He’s going to see our bare faces in the first meeting!” Shin Ah’s eyes widened.

I don’t think it’s your only concern.

The screen quickly shows you in a state of confusion before switching back to the members.

Shin Ah opened the door and the members followed behind slowly, covering their faces.

The cameraman followed them into the apartment.

3… 2… 1…

“Oh, anneonghaseyo,” the ALPHA members greeted Minwoo.

“An-anneonghaseyo!” Minwoo replied with wides eyes and a bright smile.

The screen switches to the interview where Minwoo is smiling widely.

“It was…” Minwoo glanced up at the ceiling, “It was amazing. I would have never guessed that it was ALPHA.”

Minwoo smiled to himself, “I don’t know if you could notice but I couldn’t contain my happiness when I met them…”

How could we NOT notice this?

The screen switches back to Minwoo meeting the ALPHA members for the first time.

Minwoo was smiling widely as he bowed to greet the members.

“Please take care of me while I am here.”

The members laughed, “Shouldn’t it be the other way around since you are now our leader?”

“Really?”

Ji Hae nodded her head, “Neh sunbae-nim, you are leader for a month.”

“We’re really sorry, we just need to organise our study room and bit and then you can sleep.”

“Ah, there’s no need, I can just sleep on the floor for tonight.”

“But… you shouldn’t. You need to sleep on a bed.”

Minwoo smiled as he shook his head, “No, it’s okay.”

“Are you sure?” Min Jung asked in a concerned tone.

Minwoo grinned and nodded quickly, “Yeah, it’s okay.”

So Minwoo and ALPHA have hit it off to a good start.

4:15 AM – Boyfriend comes home

“Who do you think it is?” the writer asked.

“Um… we think it might be a noona,” answered Dong Hyun.

“It might be a dongsaeng,” said Kwangmin.

“Nah… I don’t think Mnet will give us a dongsaeng.”

The screen switches to you and then back to Boyfriend.

But we did give you a dongsaeng… It’s so sad that you don’t know us that well…

Jeongmin squeals as he reaches the door, “Ah, what do we do? We’re almost at our dorm.”

 “We’re worried that we didn’t clean the house enough…” Hyunseong trailed off.

“What if she’s exploring our dorm right now?” Youngmin asked.

“Then we’d be in be trouble, let’s quickly go inside!” Dong Hyun ran quickly towards the door.

The screen switches to you inside the dorm.

You suddenly sit up and turn your head quickly, listening attentively to the sound from outside.

“Oh! They’re here!”

You quickly and neatly placed all your belongings back into your suitcase and zipped it up before fixing your hair.

“Aye… what am I doing? I already don’t have any make-up on and my hair is not styled. What’s the point?” you laughed to yourself.

You headed towards the door and reached for the door but then stopped. You retracted your hands away from the door but then reached for it again, this time nodding your head, convincing yourself to open it.

You opened the door and saw Dong Hyun standing in front of you.

You quickly bowed, “Anneonghaseyo, Jenny-imnida.”

“Oh- um… anneonghaseyo,” the member of Boyfriends greeted you back.

You quickly moved away from the door and Boyfriend, along with the writer and cameraman, walked inside the dorm.  

“Have you been here for long?” Jeongmin asked you.

You shook your head, “Nope. I’ve been here for about 20 minutes?”

“We’ve cleaned up Minwoo’s bed and side of the room so you can just sleep now if you want to.”

“Eung, thanks.”

Why are these two so friendly?

The scene switches to the interview and you laughing at the camera. You leaned forward and dug your face into the pillow.

“Jeongmin oppa was a guest star in my drama,” you mocked Mnet.

But-but you guys never promoted together…

“Although I don’t know the rest of the Boyfriend sunbaes, because of Jeongmin oppa, I’ll be able to be a good maknae.”

The scene switches back to you and the rest of Boyfriend.

“Jeongmin oppa, can I… use the bathroom?”

“Yeah, it’s straight down the hall, the door is open.”

“Oh, gomawo.”

You headed towards the hallway and all the members began smiling to one another.

“AHH!”

The members’ eyes widened.

“What happened?” Dong Hyun asked.

Kwangmin ran down the hallway to see you standing outside the bathroom.

You cleared your throat and rubbed the back of your neck, “I think I should have given you more time to clean up…”

“Why?” Jeongmin suddenly gasped as he lead you back out to the living room, “Jenny… mianhae…”

The scene switches to your interview. You covered your face with the pillow.

“I was so immature and rude for screaming like that… I should have just calmly told them… aish… so embarrassing!”

I don’t know Jenny, I think Boyfriend might have been more embarrassed…

“Aigoo… I should have given them time to take those… pieces of clothing… out of their bathroom.”

You are all in the same group now, it’s okay.

4:00 AM – Minwoo has settled in.

Minwoo is living down in the living room, ready to go to sleep. He is holding the camera himself and whispering into it.

“Today was really daebak. I can’t believe that Mnet has made me the leader of Alpha. Thank you very much Mnet.”

Of course, we are Mnet.

“Even though I am sleeping on the floor, I couldn’t be any happier. I can only hope that Betas will happily accept me as the temporary leader of Alpha. Well... I should get to bed. Bye!”

4:30 AM – Jenny… finally settles in.

You too were given a camera to do a diary entry with. You were playing around with the camera.

“I should be going to sleep right now but I have to do a diary entry first... I am really excited to try it out. I wonder how hard it can be to be in a male group.”

You eyes lit up, “Oh! Being in a male group… does that mean that I have no diet restrictions?”

“Whoa! Daebak,” you glanced over to your right and continued talking, “I hope Minwoo sunbae doesn’t mind me sleeping in his bed… sorry Best Friends… please don’t kill me! I’ll go to bed now! Bye!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Preview~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next episode, the two groups will come together for the promo photo shoot…

You stepped into the studio and saw the rest of the ALPHA.

“Yah!” you shouted out in a joking manner.

“Yah!” Sammy shouted back at you.

You and Sammy playfully grab each other by the shoulder as the rest of the Alpha members pull you into a hug.

~~~~~~

Minwoo comes out of the dressing room in pjs.

“I don’t even wear pyjamas to sleep.”

A quick montage of the photo shoot appears and the episode ends.