Episode 1 - Member Swap

Mnet Mash Up

 

[AUTHOR’S NOTE: Italics are captions.]

Mnet has set up cameras around the practise rooms and inside the dorms of the idols. The idols do not know that they are being filmed.

11:34PM – ALPHA starts practise.

ALPHA are working hard…

“One, two, three, four. Five, six, seven, eight. There, that’s how you do it,” Sammy danced in front of the mirror.

They start off with dance practise.

3:25AM – ALPHA finishes practising.

You hold onto the mic tightly as you sing into the mirror, “Some people want it all, but I don’t - want nothing at all, if I ain’t got you baby, if I ain’t got you baby. Some people want diamonds rings, some just – want everything. But everything means nothing, if I ain’t got you~”

A rapper who works hard to sing to be diverse…

“Okay, that’s it for today,” the managers clapped their hands together to indicate the end of practise.

Everyone is sweating and panting from practise.

They finally finish four hours later… we almost ran out of memory on our cameras…

The members cleaned up and got changed into clean clothes and it was time to go home. Suddenly, Kwangsoo leads you a different car from your members.

“Oppa, where are we going?”

“Just get in the car.”

You raised an eyebrow before hesitantly opening the door and getting into the car.

Kwangsoo gets in the driver’s seat and he looks completely nervous.

“Oppa, why aren’t I going with the other members?”

Kwangsoo starts the engine and begins driving.

You pouted and leaned back in your seat.

Where is Jenny going?

You sat straight in your seat and leaned towards Kwangsoo, “Oppa, where are we going?”

“You know how we lost your bag? Someone accidentally picked it up; we’re going to go get it now.”

Jenny’s manager can’t lie… TT_TT

You played with your fingers and mumbled, “Only because you’re the manager….”

 Kekeke, only believing him because he’s the manager…

3:56AM – Reaches the new apartment.

“Do we have to go all the way up to their apartment?” you asked suspiciously, “We are outside their apartment.”

Suddenly Kwangsoo punches in the pin to the apartment. Your eyes widened as you grabbed Kwangsoo’s wrist.

“Oppa! What are you doing? You can’t do that!”

The door opened and you gasped.

“What is this?!” you looked genuinely surprised as Kwangsoo led you inside.

“Jenny ah, your suitcase is in the living room. I’m no longer your manager.”

“What?”

During the confusion, Kwangsoo walks out and closes the door behind him.

“Oppa! Oppa! Kwangsoo oppa!” you called after him but nothing…

So what happens now?

You slowly walked back into the living and sat down next to your suitcase. You stretched your neck out and looked around the house.

“This is for sure a show… or a secret camera for a show… so a show…”

You opened up your suitcase.

“Oh! This wasn’t what I packed…”

ALPHA has packed your bag for you.

Inside the suitcase were your clothes and a few other things but you seemed to have pulled out a letter written by the other members of ALPHA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The other members have gathered at Mnet headquarters and are sitting together, opposite the camera.  

“Why did you choose Jenny to go?” asked the writer.

So Yeon smiled, “We chose Jenny because we know that she’ll work the hardest and she’s the best representative for girl groups. She’ll do us proud.”

“Plus no one else wanted to go…”

“You don’t know who the male group is and yet you are so willing to send her off.”

“Jenny will forgive us.”

“If you got to say a message to Jenny, what would it be?”

“Oh, we actually composed a letter for unni,” said Min Jung as she pulled out an envelope.

“I’ll read it?” Min Jung asked.

“Jenny unni, woori leader… We’re sorry we sent you off. It was for the best. You are the only who can survive this. We love you. Bye. P.S. you’re going to be living as a member of a male group. Have fun! Bye!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You threw the letter down on the ground in shock, “What is this? The letter is only a few sentences long.”

You covered your mouth and picked up the letter again, “Living as a member of a male group?”

You tilted your head to the side and rubbed the back of your neck.

“Did SM Entertainment really agree to this?”

You bent over, “Ahh! I think I’m going to go crazy…”

You sat back up and covered your mouth with your hand as you looked around in shock.

We’re just going to give her some time to let it sink it…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2:47AM – BOYFRIEND have just finished their schedules.

Boyfriend are bowing to the staff.

“Kamsamhamnida, you’ve worked hard. Kamsamhamnida, you’ve worked hard.”

“Minwoo ah, you come with me.”

“Neh, hyung.”

Minwoo follows his manager to a different car. Without any questions, Minwoo steps into the car.

Minwoo takes out his phone and puts on his headphones.

Fifteen minutes later…

Minwoo is asleep and still completely unaware of what is going on.

We don’t think he’s ever going to know…

~~~~~~

“Minwoo ah, wake up. We’re here.”

Minwoo rubbed his eyes, “Where are we?”

“Just follow me.”

Minwoo nodded his head and followed his manager.

Does this kid not question anything?

Minwoo finally reaches ALPHA’s apartment and his manager opens the apartment door.

“Go inside first.”

“Oh, neh hyung.”

Minwoo leaned against the wall and took off his shoes. As soon as he realised what was happening, it was too late.

“Hyung, why are there female-”

His manager closed the door and looked Minwoo inside the apartment.

Minwoo looked around quickly and stood frozen at the front door.

Minwoo ah… has it sunk in yet?

“Where am I?” Minwoo asked in a slightly annoyed tone.

“Why are there girl shoes here?”

He slowly walked towards the living and saw his suitcase. Before walking to his suitcase, he looked around cautiously.

“What is going on?”

He slowly opened his suitcase and took out the letter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All the Boyfriend members are now sitting at the table where ALPHA were at before.

“We just met with the other group that is participating in this show.”

“Oh really? Who are they?” Dong Hyun asked.

“We can’t tell you.”

“Ahh…” the members nodded their heads.

“Why did you choose Minwoo for this?” asked the writer.

“We chose him because he’s the maknae,” the members laughed amongst themselves.

“How do you feel about a female idol living in your home?”

Kwang Min’s eyes widened and the other members hesitated to answer.

“We’re very nervous; we cleaned the whole dorm to make sure that the first impression was good.”

“Did you write a letter for Minwoo?”

Jeongmin pulled a piece of paper from his back pocket and read it.

“Minwoo ah, we (hyungs) believe that you are best suited for this mission. Although you’ll technically be gone for a month and be a member of another group, deep down, always know that you will be a member of Boyfriend. Fighting!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Minwoo stared at the letter and traced the words with his finger, “What is going on?”

He quickly stood up and looked around, “Am I inside a girl group’s house right now?”

Minwoo ran his fingers through his hair and paced back and forth in the living room.

“No way…”

You are meeting a girl group, you should be happy…

The screen fades to black and the preview shows up.

Next time… the two idols meet their new group. Will it go terribly wrong?

The members of Boyfriend are in the living room and you are nowhere to be seen.

“AHHH!” Your sudden scream causes everyone’s eyes to widen in shock.

Or amazingly awesome?

The screen switches to Minwoo who is smiling widely to himself despite sleeping on the living room floor.