Episode 3 - Photo Shoot

Mnet Mash Up

 

12 PM – Boyfriend are on their way to the photo shoot.

You are doing another self-cam in the car.

“Today we are on our going to do the photo shoot for the promo of Mnet Mash Up.”

You turn the camera to the Jo twins.

“I am sitting at the back of the van with Youngmin and Kwangmin oppa.”

The Jo twins smile and waved to the camera.

“It’s really funny that they’re awake now because before, they were just nodding off,” you laughed, “I’ll turn the camera away so they can get back to sleep.”

You turned the camera back to yourself and rubbed your eyes.

“I woke up early this morning to make the members breakfast and it was really nice to see them eat everything and this is a surprise but I made them dinner as well and it is packed inside my bag,” you whispered.

“Mnet please don’t show the footage of me cooking,” you smiled mischievously at the camera.

Oh you mean this?

The scene shows you frantically running around and cooking while trying to keep trying hard to keep everything quiet.

The scene then chances back to you in the car.

You pouted at the camera, “Mnet, please don’t show a lot.”

Only because you’re cute, Jenny. Throw in a ‘buing buing’ next time.

‘Fantastic Baby’ started playing on the radio and you started dancing.

“Dance, wooo. I wanna dance, dance, dance, d-dance,” you sung along with Dong Hyun.

“Ahahaha, I should show you Dong Hyun oppa’s face. Dong Hyun oppa,” you called out.

You turn the camera to face Dong Hyun and he’s singing along to ‘Fantastic Baby with a blank face.

Jenny, are you sure this is only the second day you’ve spent with this group?

The scene switches to Dong Hyun and Jeongmin doing the interview.

“I’ve gotten close with Jenny because I have a sister and it kind of made things less awkward,” said Dong Hyun.

“I met Jenny when I made a cameo in her drama and even though I was there for only a week, I’ve been become quite close to not only Jenny but also Ken hyung and Zelo.”

The Jo twins are now doing their interview.

“Jenny’s a great friend. This morning, she cooked us breakfast and we all ate it together.”

“And she cooks really well too,” Kwangmin smiled widely, “Can we keep Jenny?”

Guys… what about Minwoo?

The interview switches to Hyunseong.

“Because I wasn’t in a drama with her, I don’t have a sister, I’m not around her age and I’m in a general, a shy person it’s a bit hard for me to get close to her.”

We’ll give you a week to get close to her…

The scene switches Minwoo who is also doing a self-cam.

“We are on our way to the photo shoot and I will be performing my first official duty as the leader of Alpha. I am extremely nervous about it, from maknae to leader in one day is a bit… overwhelming but I will try my best,” Minwoo smiled.

“Minwoo leader, fighting!” Ji Hae shouted out from the background.

Minwoo turned his head back to the members and grinned, “Fighting!”

“Sorry Mnet for not recording a lot but we’re all going to catch up on some sleep and look fresh for our photo shoot,” Minwoo waved to the screen, “Bye!”

“Bye!” the other members chimed in the background.

This kid… does he know anything about maximising air time?

12:15 PM – ALPHA arrives at the studio

ALPHA have already gotten changed into the outfits for the photo shoot.

So Yeon approaches the camera and checks herself out in the screen but then pouts.

“Jenny usually makes fun of me whenever I do this… hm… I should get back to the other members and check if they’ve pulled off this innocent concept.”

So Yeon walks back to the group and checks on Ji Hae and Sammy.

Minwoo approaches the camera smiling, “Today Alpha has gone for a simple and pure concept but I saw some hip hop style clothing so I’m guessing that there will be a lot of style concepts today.”

Oh Minwoo, you smart cookie.

Minwoo’s eyes suddenly widened and the camera turns to show you and the Boyfriend members walking into the studio.

“Hyung!” Minwoo ran up to the Boyfriend members.

“Minwoo ah!”

Another camera shows you stepping into the studio and seeing the rest of Alpha.

“Yah!” you shouted out in a joking manner.

“Yah!” Sammy shouted back at you.

You and Sammy playfully grab each other by the shoulder as the rest of the Alpha members pull you into a hug.

We don’t think two groups would hug each other like that…

“Go back to your new leader,” you playfully pushed Ji Hae away.

“Aww… I can’t be mad at you guys!” you quickly pull Ji Hae into a hug again.

“Boyfriend, we need to get you into the other studio.”

“Other studio?” Kwangmin asked.

Well nah, we wouldn’t make it that easy would we?

6 PM – Still doing the photo shoot

Sorry guys… we didn’t know it’d be this long.

Minwoo comes out of the dressing room in pjs.

Aww… so cute!

“I don’t even wear pyjamas to sleep,” Minwoo said to the camera.

We think that is too much information…

“We start the day off with cute and we end off the day with cute,” Minwoo smiled to the camera.

“When the manager told me that I had to bring my pyjamas to the shoot, I had no idea what to do because I didn’t have any so we just quickly picked this up on the way to the shoot. Does it look okay?”

Anything on you looks good.

“Have you done any official duties as the leader yet?”

Minwoo nodded, “I was monitoring the photos that were coming out-”

Yes… “monitoring”

“… and I was giving the members some tips on how to pose. Also, when we were doing our little dance intro, I was teaching them how to do a few moves. I taught them to freestyle a bit. Some of them are technical dancers and some of them don’t really hit the steps properly but they give off the feel of the song so yeah… they all have their strong points in dance.”

Meanwhile with the other group…

You were secretly walking around the set in pyjamas and backing behind your bag.

“Aigoo… I need to get to my bag quickly because it’s my turn next but I want the other members to eat the dinner made,” you inhaled sharply, “I need to heat it up as well.”

You power-walked to your bag and grabbed it quickly before running off to find the microwave.

Is Jenny a closest ninja or something? Pyjama ninja.

“Thank you for letting me use the microwave,” you bowed to the staff.

You took out the lunchboxes that you prepared and lifted the lid to show the camera what you made.

“It’s a bit simple but yeah, I hope they like it,” you then furrowed your eyebrows, “Wait. I hope they don’t expect this all the time. Was it too soon to do something like this? What if I fail to meet up to the expectation?”

You pouted but then quickly put two lunchboxes in and microwave-d the food.

“They wouldn’t expect that much right? Aw man, I don’t want disappoint them. But I’ve already made the food…”

Too many thoughts… Mnet… can’t… process…

You shook your head and took out the lunchboxes from the microwave and put another two in.

“No, it’s okay. They’ll probably see my lazy side after a week or something,” you joked.

Or will your overreacting side?

You finally finished microwaving the dinner and put all the lids back onto the lunchboxes and carried them back to the set.

You let out a quick breath, “Oh thank goodness Youngmin oppa just finished his photo shoot.”

You carried them over to the members and placed them down on the table.

“Oh Jenny… gomawo,” Hyunseong smiled at you as he helped you put the lunchboxes onto the table.

“It’s just a little thank you for accepting me so quickly.”

~~~~~~~~~~~

You and the other Boyfriend members are still eating dinner as the shoot wraps up.

“Why don’t we get Jenny to pick her favourite Boyfriend member?” the writer suggested.

“Eh?” your eyes widened.

The Dong Hyun scooped a spoonful of rice and put it out in front of you, the other members quickly followed.

You smiled and leaned in towards the spoon but then quickly put your own spoonful of rice into your mouth.

“Ayye!” the boys complained as they ate their spoonful of rice.

Troll level: Jenny

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Preview~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You and Minwoo were handed envelopes.

Noh Minwoo, as a member of ALPHA, you must help the other members contribute to the making of their upcoming album.

“No way…” Minwoo’s jaw dropped and he stared at the camera, blankly, “But- no way…”

Jenny Nguyen, as a member of Boyfriend, you must perform with Boyfriend. For the next month, you will be performing with Boyfriend every Thursday on M! Countdown.

You stared at the card and rubbed the back of your neck, “So… one week to learn the choreography and lyrics?”

The scene changes to show Minwoo’s lyrics being rejected by producer several times.

“Minwoo ah, it’s okay,” Shin Ah patted Minwoo’s back.

It then changes to Minwoo listening to music and writing on a pad in a really frustrated manner.

The scene changes to you in the dance room, sweaty and tired.

“No, it’s meant to be like this,” the choreographer shook his head as he did the dance part again.

Obviously tired, you still put on a brave face and try again.

The choreographer crossed his arms, “Again.”

It them shows the choreographer saying “Again” repeatedly and then you on the verge of tears as you run your fingers through your hair.

Is taking the role of the other too hard?