chapter eight; amusement park - meeting a childhood friend

When the Wedding Bells Ring

 

chapter eight; amusement park - meeting a childhood friend

28k6flk.jpg

»Although I try to erase you and hold back my tears again

-A Person Like Me;  Infinite

 

 

I hold Lay’s hand because the place is so crowded. Well, today is the grand opening for the theme park actually and that’s why there are so many people. I look around to find the ticket counter but I’m too short to find it.

“Where’s the ticket counter?” Lay laughs and he pinches my cheek.

“We’re queuing to buy the tickets. The ticker counter is in front there.” Okay, that was embarrassing. I really don’t know that we’re actually queuing for buying tickets. 30 minutes later, it’s finally our turn. Lay buys the ticket and we walk inside the theme park. I’m so speechless. The theme park is so big and beautiful. Suddenly, someone taps my shoulder. I turn my head and my jaw drops.

“IT’S YOU! NO WAY! HOW ARE YOU, DUDE? LONG TIME NO SEE!” I scream, making the people shot weird glares at me. I ignore the eyes and quickly hug the person who tapped my shoulder. I know it sounds weird.

“I’m fine and how about you? I’m sorry for not attending Sehun’s funeral. I can’t buy the ticket to go here.”

“Oh, I see. That’s alright. Oh, this is Lay, my future husband. Lay, this is Kyung, Park Kyung. Kyung is my childhood friend.” Lay and Kyung shake hands.

“Nice to meet you, Kyung.” Kyung nods his head and smiles to Lay.

“Nice to meet you too.”

“Well, do you come alone here? Where’s your girlfriend?” I ask without hesitant. Kyung laughs slightly.

“Did you know that I’ve already broke with her?” he says. I widen my eyes.

“Really? I’m so sorry.”

“Nah, that’s alright. Hey, how about I treat you guys a lunch?”

“Oh, it’s alright since we’ve already had our lunch moments ago.” Kyung nods his head.

“Oppa!” a girl screams from a far. The girl seems familiar for me but I can’t remember where I met her before.

“Oh, she’s coming.” I think the girl is Kyung’s girlfriend. The girl runs toward us and hugs Kyung’s arm playfully.

“Where have you been? I’m searching for you for years.” she says with a bubbly tone. Kyung pinches her cheek.

“Aigoo, I’m only greeting my old friend. Sarang, this is Nara and Nara this is Sarang.” I shake hand with her and curve a smile. She does the same too.

“So this is the girl who you always talk about? You’re right. She’s beautiful.” Kyung punches lightly Nara’s shoulder, making her chuckle slowly. I can see Kyung’s face turns pink. So he still likes me even though I rejected him.

Oh, so for those who don’t who Kyung are, he’s one of Block B’s rapper. Yeah, he becomes an idol now. And he’s greasier than before. Ignore the greasier part and let’s move on.

“Still eh?” I slowly . Kyung’s face becomes pinker than before.

“Okay, let’s go that ride.” he says while pushing his girlfriend. Forgot to mention about Lay, he’s still dumbfounded.

I grab Lay’s hand and follow Kyung from behind. We go to the roller coaster first before going to other rides. I love extreme rides! Yes, I do love them. I see Lay’s face becomes paler and paler. I guess he scares riding on extreme rides.

“Are you scared?”

“No, I’m not. I’m fine. Come on, let’s follow them.” I chuckle at his sudden reaction. Well, yes he’s scare. Oh, his hand is trembling too. Aish, this guy. Yah, just tell me you’re scared riding this. It’s okay for me. I keep looking and staring at his flawless face. My heart thumps again.

Then, my eyes fall on his soft lips. Ouch, what am I thinking? I didn’t realize that I   my lips.

“Hey, are you alright? Your face looks so pale?” Lay turns to me and winks couple of times.

“Yah, it’s me who should ask like that. I’m okay with this because I like extreme rides.  Do you know what, your face looks pale.” I emphasize the last sentence. He’s speechless.

“Yes, I do scare riding on a ride like this. I prefer slow and safe one like that one.” Lay points at a ride, kiddie ride actually. I make an ‘O’ on my mouth and pat his back.

“We will ride those kind of rides after riding all extreme rides.” I say and grin naughtily at him. Lay clears his throat.

“Next.” the worker says.

“Kaja, it’s our turn now.” I pull his trembling hand and we sit on our place. Lay can’t stop tightening his seat belt.

“Don’t worry. This ride is safer than you expected.” I say to calm him down.

“Yeah but it’s the grand opening. We don’t know whether it safe or-” Lay can’t complete his word since he doesn’t notice that we already arrive at the top of the rail. He’s completely speechless and his face looks paler and paler. No more colours I guess.

“Here comes the big part!” I scream and everyone starts to scream too.

“Please forgive me, God!” Lay starts to scream.

ev18qd.png

 

AUTHOR'S NOTES; OuO It's been a long time. IKR! /Sob/ I really want to buy INFINITE H's Mini album. /Sob/ I asked my mom and she approved it. YEAH! /Sob/ Guys, please pray for me nae. TT_______TT  I want to collect all INFINITE's albums this year. /Sob/

/Sob/ This album includes poster too. /Forever sobbing/ Forever supporting INFINITE. /Sob/ BTW, if there any mistake such as grammar or vocab or typos, please ignore it since I'm so lazy to double check it. RLAB.

» layout credit