chapter six; arranged marriage

When the Wedding Bells Ring

 

chapter six; arranged marriage

28k6flk.jpg

»You, who came to me who was full with loneliness and hurt

-I Need You; Sunggyu

 

“Annyeonghaeseyo, my name is Kim Sarang. Nice to meet you.” I say while looking at their eyes and then bow. Then, I turn to Lay, begging a help from him. Luhan and Kai almost burst into laugh. I hold my breath for couple of seconds. My face almost blushes and reddens. Sweats fall from my face and land on the floor.

“Aigoo, she’s nervous.” Kai teases. I send a death glare at him. Kai, you’re totally doomed after this interview. Kai quickly shuts his mouth and elbows Luhan to stop giggling. His face turns to poker face and I think he knows what will happen after this.

“Dear, no need to be nervous.” Lay’s father says. I slowly nod my head and make a fake smile. We have a chat for a while and they say they want to have another meeting on the next day. I slowly let out a heavy sigh. I don’t want to be with Lay but I have to do this for Sehun.

---

I go home with a heavy heart. Then, I throw myself on the couch. I hear someone’s singing Ailee’s Heaven. I walk to the kitchen and poke my head inside. Sehun’s doing some dishes.

“You’re back now?” he asks without looking back. I nod my head and hug him from behind.

“Nae and I really miss you.” he chuckles and finishes washing dishes. Then, he messes my hair.

“Aigoo, you went there for two hours. So, how’s the interview?” I look at him and then lower my head.

“They said, I mean, Lay’s parents said that they will see me tomorrow again.” I say and pout. He lets out a small chuckle and knees in front of me.

“Sarang just accept him. I know he will bring happiness to you. I’m sure.” he says while holding my hands and still kneeing in front of me. I smile and nod my head vigorously. Yeah, I’ll try to love him even though I don’t like him.

“Try to love him, for me.” I hug Sehun tightly as I don’t want him to leave me because I need you, Sehun.

---

I open my eyes widely as an owl, a cute one of course. I look beside me. There’s a person who still sleeping soundly. I smile and touch his face. Then, I look at the ceiling blankly and turn to the side. Suddenly, I feel a load on my waist. Sehun hugs me and pulls me closer to him. I start playing with his fingers.

“Yah, it tickles.” he says and grabs my hand. I laugh and start tickling him. Suddenly, my phone rings, making me startle. I grab the phone without looking at the caller’s ID.

“Hello?” I answer without hesitant.

“Yah, where are you? Are you coming or not?” I distance my phone from my ear and look at it.

“What are you talking about?” I ask.

“Lay’s parents will come any minute. You should arrive by now.” Kai almost screams at me. What’s with him anyway? OH, MY! I forgot that today I’ve a meeting with Lay’s parents.

“I’LL ARRIVE SOON! JUST WAIT FOR ME!” I scream through the phone and hang up.

“Oppa, I’ve a meeting with Lay’s parents any minutes now. I got to go!” I quickly change my clothes. Yeah, I’m not taking a bath this morning because I’m late. Sehun waves at me and continues snuggling inside my blanket. And yeah, he will never change.

I run with all my strength towards the place that we promised yesterday. As I arrive there, no one there at all except for the workers. But, where are the others? I tilt my head and cross my arms, angry.

Suddenly,

“Surprise!” a boy jumps in front of me with confetti, throwing it at me. My jaw drops while my eyes are staring at him with disbelief.

“Surprise for what?” I ask. Lay smiles at me. Kai, Luhan, Lay’s parents, and also the staffs clap their hands, staring to sing me a song. I still didn’t get it. What is this for?

“Pabo-ya, today is your birthday.” Kai says while bringing out the cake, chocolate indulgence. I fish out my phone and look at the date. 20th August and yeah, it’s my birthday. How can I forget my own birthday? I smile at them and tears fall from my eyes. This party reminds me of Sehun and me last year.

 

Flashback

 

“You can open your eyes now.” he said. I open my eyes and saw so many delicious foods on the table and the one that caught my attention was my favourite cake, chocolate indulgence. I smiled at him and quickly hugged Sehun. He hugged me back.

“Happy birthday, Kim Sarang.” I was speechless. I was so stupid that I forgot my own birthday. Thanks to Sehun, he reminded me of my birthday.

“Thank you so much.” I said and pecked his cheek.

 

End of flashback

 

“Sarang-ah, are you alright?” I snap out from my thought and look at Lay.

“Erm, yes. I’m totally fine.” I say and curve a smile.

“I thought you didn’t like this birthday party.” his smile fades away. Just like Sehun who faded away from my life and I can’t see him again after I get married with Lay. I only can see him up there after I died.

“No, I really like it.” he then curves a smile to me. We begin the party. How I wish Sehun is here too. He will love this chocolate indulgence too since it is our favourite cake.

Hours later, the party ends and we start our meeting.

“So, I just wondering if you have someone else in your mind.” his mother asks. I look at Kai, Luhan and then I turn to Lay. Yes, I’ve someone in mind and it is Sehun. My all-time favourite guy. I look at her and shake my head as no.

“No, I don’t.” I say it simply even though it’s really hard.

---

Finally, the meeting ended, I can’t wait to go home to see Sehun. As I’m going to walk out the café, Lay suddenly grabs my hand.

“Don’t forget about tomorrow. We’ll search the wedding clothes.” he says. He looks deeply into my eyes. Lay leans his face towards me and almost kisses my lips but I quickly avoid it.

“I’m sorry. I’m not ready yet.” I say and leave the café. Lay is completely dumbfounded.

I walk to my home alone without anyone by my side. If Sehun is still alive, he will send me home even though his house is quite far from mine. Before he leaves, he will kiss me. I really miss that moment. I’ve arrive and I quickly open the door. Unexpectedly, no surprise for me. Sehun is not here to cheer me up. Where’s he actually? I search the entire building of the house but I can’t find him. I sigh and maybe he had already left.

“Sehun oppa, where are you?” I yell. But no one answers it. I walk slowly to the bathroom since I haven’t take a bath yet. Coming out from nowhere, a sheet of paper flies to me and lands in front of me. I pick it up and read it.

Sarang-ah, I think you forgot your birthday again today. I giggle at that part since he’s right.

I had to go now since it’s already my time to leave you. I hope you will be happy with Lay because I’m sure that he will bring happiness to you.

-Love, Oh Sehun.

My tears fall again and I was right. He already left me. My knees can’t support my body so I collapse on the floor. I pull my knees closer to my chest and cry. A soft voice calls my name. I look up and it is Sehun with his naughty smirk again.

“OPPA! YOU SCARED ME!” I yell while beating his chest. Sehun laughs at me and he rolls on the floor (A/N: Rolling like a buffalo.) Yah, you really scare me. I almost had a mini heart-attack.

“I got you!” he says, still laughing. I smile and begin to tickle him.

“This is your punishment.” I say. Then, I stop tickling him. He looks at me and stops laughing.

“Oppa, please don’t do that again.” I say in a weak tone and quickly hug him. I cry on his shoulder.

“I’m sorry. You know that I love pranking people.” I nod my head but yeah, this is too much

 

ev18qd.png

 

AUTHOR'S NOTES; OuO Thanks for reading guys! >3< I think I'll end my story soon but IDK when. ^_^" I've so many stories to handle. ;_________________; Mian, guys. >3< I hope u understand~ ^^ I love you! ^^ Oh, please subscribe my other stories too~ ^^

» layout credit