The Weekend- Part 2

Pieces of My Heart

I headed to Krystal’s house after dropping Jay off. I was excited that our personalities had clicked so well.  It pleased me that we were able to get to know eachother more. It seemed as if we were on the road to friendship and I felt like he was really starting to open up to me.

I reached Krystal’s house in a matter of minutes, snapping me from my daydreaming. As I walked up to her door I sent Hyosung a quick message letting her know things had gone well, then messaged Kikwang to make sure we were still going to finish that movie tonight. I finally closed my phone and knocked on Krystal’s door. She answered quickly, surprising me.

“Hey!” she greeted extra cheerily.

“Hi, wow look at you. Someone is happy. I’m guessing things went well with Junhyung?”

“Well? They went PERFECT. We are more in love than ever and I am so so happy.” She smiled, practically glowing with joy.

“I am glad. See? He wanted to work it out too.” I walked past Krystal into her house and spotted Hyosung laying on the sofa.

“Hey Hyosung, I just texted you. I didn’t know you were here.”

“I noticed” She answered shortly.

“What’s wrong with her?” I whispered to Krystal.

“I’m not sure. I’ve been trying to get it out of her all morning. She was even ignoring David even though he was practically begging her for attention. Knowing her it is probably something small though.” She whispered back.

“I’m not an idiot. I can hear you guys. And, for your information it isn’t small. See. That is why I don’t tell you guys anything. This is why I need new friends.”

Krystal rolled her eyes. “How were things with Jay?” Krystal asked, changing the topic. Hyosung quickly perked up at this topic.

“Wow, that’s all it took to cheer you up?” I directed the question at Hyosung.

“Yes. It is. I care about you and Jay much more than my ‘minor issues’” She said, giving a dirty look to Krystal.

“Uhmm. Things with Jay and I went well. We got lunch afterwards and talked for a while. We are gonna hang out next weekend too. I think he is starting to open up to me. We could be friends.” I smiled to myself.

“What is the point of being friends with a male? I don’t understand you. I am only friends with males if I want to date them so I won’t lead them on. That is the only reason boys hang out with me anyways.” Hyosung stated innocently, truly believing her statement. Krystal rolled her eyes again and Hyosung gave her a questioning look.

“What? It’s true. Guys only hang around me if they want something from me.”

“I honestly don’t believe that.” Krystal said shaking her head.

“I must be lucky then. Because I have plenty of male friends. Look at me and Kikwang.” I said smiling at Hyosung. Although she could be very self-centered and over the top, I honestly loved her. Even when she was saying things that most people would find offensive and untrue, she would genuinely believe it. I hated the way this made her come across to others, even Krystal couldn’t see past it. I knew she was a sweet girl who had some self esteem issues. She just needed a best friends to see through her games and try to boost her self esteem, and that is what my role has been since pre-school. Thinking about this, I suddenly realized that this it in a small portion similar to Jay. He did not react the same way as Hyosung, but he was in need of someone to boost his self confidence and be there for him. I smiled and hugged Hyosung.

“What was that for?” she asked confused.

“That was just because you make me smile and I love you. Thank you for being my friends. Both of you. Really.” I smiled and hugged Krystal too.

“I’m not sure where this lovefest is coming from but I gotta go. I am meeting up with Junhyung again tonight. He said he wants us to talk and that he has something for me. I wonder if he is going to give me a promise ring.” She squealed, jumping up and down.

“I don’t know. I wouldn’t get your hopes up too high though. From what I know, Junhyung is a sneaky, lying piece of-“

“That is enough Hyosung.” I stated firmly, feeling a little disappointed at how the topics had gone from us all hugging back to Hyosung and Krystal’s usual bickering.

“I’m going to go get ready” Krystal sulked as she walked toward the bathroom.

“I am going to go take a nap.” Hyosung smirked as she headed up to Krystal’s room. Leaving me alone in the entryway.

“I am going home I suppose” I said to no one as I let myself out of Krystal’s house.


After changing and eating dinner, I headed over to Kikwang’s house to finish the movie we had started earlier this week. As I pulled up, I saw Kikwang watching out the window. I chuckled to myself as I climbed out of my car and waved. I welcomed myself into his house as I ran over to greet me. He immediately began to squeeze me so hard I thought I would suffocate.

“Kikwang, you can let go now.” I said gently as I pushed him away from me.”What is wrong with you?”

“I know something bad. You’re going to kill me. But it isn’t my fault. Junhyung made me promise-“

“Does this have to do with Krystal?”

“Wel-“

“KIKWANG!”

“….yes….”

“What is it?” I asked, concern oozing from of voice. My heart started beating rapidly and I began to immediately feel upset at the thought of my hurt friend, knowing what it had to be.

“He’s going to break up with her.”

“But… she said last night was perfect…”

“It was. But he was planning to break up with her.”

“I have to go find her” I yelled in an unnaturally high voice.

“Wait, do you hate me?” Kikwang said, looking crestfallen.

“I don’t know. I don’t hate you. But, you know how much it hurts me that you didn’t tell me so I could help her. I can’t think right now. I just have to go. Finish the movie without me.”

I ran to my car and jumped into the driver’s seat.

 

Junhyung's POV

Krystal walked into my house, smiling. Every time she looked at me I could feel my stomach knot more. I knew I did the best I could to make this as painless as I could, but I knew it would still hurt her immensely.

“Here.” I said, handing her the small package. I watched as she opened it silently. A clear look of confusion on her face. She opened the box and held up a delicate heart necklace.

“Thanks. I love-“

“Before you thank me I want you to know that I am sorry.”

“Sorry? Why-“

“I can’t do this anymore.” I saw the tears forming in her eyes, disbelief flashing through them. “ I did the best I could yesterday to give you the perfect last day of being a couple. I really did. And, I want you to have this necklace to remember that you were the first girl I was ever truly in love with. But, I am not good enough for you. I can’t give you enough attention. We are just done. Over.”

“But… you are good enough for me. I am happy.” She started laughing.” We don’t have to break up. I am perfectly fine with everything. I promise.” She leaned in to hug me. So I guess I have to tell her the truth.

“Krystal. I met someone else. I didn’t want to tell you this. I’m sorry.” I said pushing her away from me. I could see her breaking right in front of me. It hurt me but I didn’t know what else to do. I had nothing else to say to her. “You should go now.” I said quietly, a bit concerned. She silently turned and walked out the door. I went to my room and the tears started to come. I felt horrible. I honestly regret ever dating her. I never would have dated her if I would’ve known I would just hurt her like this. I crawled in my bed and cried myself to sleep. It seemed as if it was only a few seconds later, but I knew it had been much longer, when the door to my room was thrown open.

“Where is Krystal?” Hyuna asked.

“She left. I am sorry.”

“I am not judging you. Though I disapprove of how you went about things, I think I understand. But this is not a conversation for right now. Where did Krystal go? I need to find her.”

“I honestly have no idea. I am sorry.” Without another word, Hyuna exited my room.



It has been a very long time since I have updated. I am very sorry. It was my first fic and I was having alot of trouble coming up with ideas and with ways to write it. I have however found some inspiration to write recently so here it is. I am going to try to update more regularly now. I think I have gotten a lot of traction back now so it should be good. Anyways. Thanks for reading! comments are always welcome :) have a fantastic day.