Happiness in it's simplest form

Pieces of My Heart

Hyuna’s POV

                I felt my stomach drop. I wasn’t sure how I was planning to handle this. Jay was in my group. Along with David, Junhyon, and my friend Krystal. At least Krystal is in my group. I knew Krystal would keep me grounded. Krystal and I are very similar. Both of us are quiet and share the same sense of humor. We even look similar. When we were young we were often mistaken for sisters. Krystal is always there when I need her.

                When class was over I quickly tried to gather my things. However, it was not quick enough.

“I’m sorry about yesterday. I’m not used to kindness.” Jay mumbled, his face turning read.

“Oh, I figured. It’s no big deal.”

“Thank you” he said, sticking his hand out “Friends?”

“Sure” I smiled as I shook his hand. I could feel butterflies beginning in my stomach. I wondered what had cause this sudden change from yesterday. I don’t know how people could possibly judge him so harshly. From what I knew of him so far he was kind, maybe a little socially awkward, but most bullied teens are. At that moment I decided to follow my feelings. I decided I wanted to help him.

Jay’s POV

                Her smile was beautiful. I didn’t believe it when Hyosung texted me last night. I thought it was another one of her cruel tricks. However, I did owe Hyuna an apology. As I shook her hand, I took in her natural beauty. Then the words just came tumbling out.

“Friends?” I asked stupidly.

“Sure” She smiled. I couldn’t believe she wanted to be my friend. Maybe Hyosung wasn’t screwing with me for once?

Hyuna’s POV

                I exited the classroom with Krystal. She was babbling about our class group. She was excited we were finally in the same group for once. I hardly hear a word she said. My mind was still on Jay. I had to find out the reason kids started picking on him. I needed to understand him. Finally I decided to share my thoughts with Krystal.

“Krystal, I think I like Jay.”

“Awww, really??” she replied, happiness showing through her features. I could always count on her to support me. If I was happy, she was happy for me.

“Mhm, but do you know why he gets picked on? I don’t see anything wrong with him. I don’t understand.”

“Well, I’m not so sure either, but he’s kinda nerdy. He likes video games a lot. Uhhhh, maybe the way he dresses? He also makes lame jokes. That’s about all I can come up with. I guess I don’t understand either”

“Thanks Krystal”

“No problem. Are you going to the gas station to meet Hyosung today?”

“Yes Ma’am, always do”

“ok, awesome. You mind giving me a ride? I haven’t seen her since school started. We don’t have any classes together.”

“oh, don’t worry you aren’t missing much. I have four classes with her and all she does is talk to David.”

“You just don’t have enough testosterone for her attention” Krystal giggled.

“Yeah I suppose not”

                Krystal and I made our way to my car. When I pulled into the gas station Hyosung was sitting on the hood of her car by herself. Unusual since David was seemingly everywhere she was.

“Where’s David?” Krystal yelled as she ran to join Hyosung at her car.

“Who? Oh! David! He’s a jerk. We got in a huuuge argument today. If you’re concerned you should know he’ll be back tomorrow.  He can’t resist. But, you shouldn’t be concerned because he’s mine, and he’d never go for an average, boring girl like you.” Hyosung sneered as she picked at her nails.

“I’m not boring” Krystal whispered, her face and neck becoming a deep red.

“Hyosung, seriously?” I said annoyed.

“Ok, fine, I’m sorry. Geesh. Can’t you take a joke? Not everyone can be as y and fun as I am!” Hyosung giggled.

“Hyosung I’m really not in the mood to put up with your self centered babble today” I said sliding off her car. “ Would you like a ride home Krystal?” I asked as I slid into my car.

“Yes please” Krystal answer as she stood up to follow me.

“Guys? Come on?” Hyosung whined as we were leaving.

 

Hyosung’s POV

                I couldn’t believe they just left like that. They must have been PMS or something. I knew my comment toward Krystal was a little harsh, but it just sort of slipped out. Mean things always do when I feel threatened. If I want to be a leader I have to show her her place. Besides, I apologized. What more did they want from me? I leaned back on the windshield of my car waiting for David to show up. Even though we fought, I figured he’d still meet me. I assume he is just running late. I decided to text him to see where he was. While I waited I decide to text Kikwang also. I knew Kikwang didn’t like me at all, but he talked to Hyuna a lot, so I was determined to talk to him also. I knew all the mean things he said about me. He quite often said them to my face, faking concern for my reputation. I’ll do what I want. Who is he to stop me? After fortyfive minutes of sitting at the gas station I gave up on waiting for David. I hated that he didn’t show up. It scared me. What if he didn’t show up tomorrow either?

Hyuna’s POV

                After dropping off Krystal I decided to stop over at Kikwang’s house. Instead of knocking I just walked through the door and into his room.

“Woah!” Kikwang screeched as I barged into his room “ You do know that knocking before entering is slightly better than entering unannounced right?”

“I don’t really care. You know that you wouldn’t get off your to answer the door anyways. You’d just text me to come in.”

“oooook. What’s wrong Hyuna? You seem a little hot headed.”

“I’m sick of Hyosung acting all perfect all the time. It’s annoying.”

“That it?”

“What if Jay doesn’t like me?”

“Wait. You’re thinking the kid with no friends will reject his only chance at friendship?”

“No, I just mean. What if I want more than friendship…?”

“Hyuna I think you should know you’re on a boyfriend hiatus.”

“That’s my decision to make not yours? And, this is just a what if. I don’t know him that well yet.”

“Well you’re absolutely beautiful and kind. What more could he ask for? You’re an incredibly talented dancer. You have a wonderful sense of humor. He’ll like you. Don’t worry about that one. You really underestimate yourself Hyuna” Kikwang looked baffled as he said this. Like he didn’t know what was coming out of his mouth.

“Thanks Kikwang, I’m so lucky I have someone like you.”

“Ew enough with the mush. Wanna watch a movie? May as well since there isn’t homework yet.”

“sure, sounds fun.”

                Kikwang’s POV

                When we sat down to watch the movie I couldn’t pay attention. I could only think about Hyuna. How could she sell herself so short. I spend nearly all of my time trying to boost her confidence. She doesn’t realize how special she is. I looked down at her. She was laying across my lap eating popcorn. As if she had a sense someone was watching her she turned around to look at me.

“What?” She asked, an annoyed tone in her voice.

“Nothing. I was just thinking you should get home. It’s getting late. You’re parents hate it when you’re late.”

“I don’t care. I wanna finish the movie.” She pouted.

“Miss Hyuna. I know for a fact if you get in trouble you will also be unhappy tomorrow. This happens every time. Must I force you home every week to keep you out of trouble.”

“oh, yeah. Cause I’m such a trouble maker. My parents must be horrified. You know, coming home late from my best friend’s house. Oh the horrors.”

“Hyuna. Please.”

“Fine fine fine. I’ll go. But promise not to finish the movie without me?” she asked as she reached her pinky finger out for mine.

“I swear on my life. Now get” I swatted at her as she ran for the door giggling.

“Seyo!!” she screamed as she left the house and slammed the door. I watched her get into her car and continued to watch until she was out of sight. I immediately texted her and told her to let me know when she made it home safely. Then I made my way upstairs to ready for bed.


Second chapter :)

Let me know what you think. Hopefully it's better than the first one. I will post another chapter either again tonight or tomorrow depending what i get done. Thank you for giving my story a chance! :)

-xoxoBrit

  /\/\/\
[...'.....\>
 /../....\>
/../.......\>
(")(")..........)>