From Day 1

Pieces of My Heart

Hyuna’s POV

 

                It was the first day of sophomore year of high school. Hyuna made her way to her last class of the day. So far, everything had been dull. As she made her way into the classroom, she saw Jay, a guy that everyone picked on. She knew a little about him because he had a thing for her friend, Hyosung, last year. She felt sort of bad for him. Every boy fell for her pretty friend at least once. She was cruel with boys. She knew how to get their attention. She also knew how to ruin them. Hyuna made up her mind. She walked straight back to the corner of the classroom and plopped down into the desk in front of him.  “Hey” she said trying to calm her nerves. He was cute. She didn’t understand why no one liked him. “Uhm, hi” he said back “do I know you?”

“Probably not, I’m Hyuna, Hyosung’s best friend since preschool.”

“Oh. I see. Well, my name is Jay. It’s nice to meet you. Sooo, is there a reason you’re talking to me? Or are you also going to pick on me?”

Hyuna felt herself tensing. She felt like he had a strange affect on her. She wanted to see him happy. She wanted him to trust her. And, although it was stupid, she was a little hurt that he didn’t already trust her. Feeling stupid, she ignored his question and turned to face the front of the room for class.

 

Jay’s POV

                As soon as she turned around I regretted being so cold to her. I shouldn’t have judged her based on her friend. From what I had seen of her she was kind. She was a more naturally beautiful girl. She didn’t have to do anything to be pretty. I noticed her last year on my first day at my new school. She had beautiful long , soft, curly, dark hair. She had clear skin and beautiful eyes. She had a petite frame and dressed like a dancer. Up until now I had never interacted with her. She was quiet. I became tangled up with her best friend, Hyosung. She was outgoing and y. But, as I learned the hard way, she was a heart breaker.

                For the rest of class I stared at the back of Hyuna’s head willing her to turn around. I wanted to apologize. I wanted to get to know her. No one else at this school had shown me kindness. I felt like I had some stupid sort of connection just because she didn’t see right through me….

 

Hyuna’s POV

                The moment the bell rang I jumped out of my seat and ran toward my locker. I quickly gathered my things and headed toward my car.  I needed to get out of the school. I didn’t want to be anywhere near Jay. I didn’t like the way I already wanted to be around him. I just broke up with my last boyfriend. I am on a break now.  I am far too busy for a boyfriend anyways. I got in my car to head to the local gas station to meet Hyosung. She was just the person I needed to talk to. She would talk me out of my stupidity. She probably knew all sorts of negative things about him.

                I pulled up to the gas station and immediately spotted Hyosung chatting with one of the boys on our school’s hockey team. She liked him for now. He was an American boy named David. When I walked up he was walking away, which made me glad. He made me feel gross, the way he flirted with every girl in his sight. Maybe they would fit well together….

“Hey Hyuna!” greeted Hyosung cheerily. “How was the first day?”

“Mmmm could’ve been worse. So, I need you to talk me out of something.”

“Already? Gee girl, you’re really jumping into the drama this year huh?”

“NONONO, this is just precautionary. I promise.”

“OK then shoot.”

“I think I kinda like Jay.”

“REALLY?! That’s great. I think he is kinda friends with David if I tell him to be!”

“Hyosung! Not funny!” I pouted “I really need help. I don’t know anything about him and besides, he likes you.”

“Aw, hyun. Just give it time. Trust me you’ll fall out of lust with him as soon as you get to know him. Trust me.”

“Thanks Hyosung. I guess I feel a little more stable….”

“you’re so very welcome. What else are friends for. I always come through. So, I need you to go shopping with me on Saturday after your dance lesson. I’m going on a date with David next weekend….”

 

Hyosung’s POV

                When Hyuna told me she liked Jay I was thrilled. I honestly was glad she was finally interested in someone I had power over. Now I could make sure our lives were perfect. I would be able to talk either one of them into anything I wanted. I love being in charge. In our group of friends, Hyuna is my biggest threat. She is a natural leader. She is talented, funny, and pretty. She is my best friend, but sometimes she makes me feel so inferior. I know she doesn’t do it on purpose, but I am somewhat insecure.  She is my only real friend though so I put up with it.

                After leaving the gas station, I immediately texted Jay to let him know that Hyuna was interested. I decided to get the ball rolling. I only had a week til David and I would be dating. I wanted Hyuna and Jay to be together at most a week after David and I. If I want things to be perfect, I need to act now.

 

Hyuna’s POV

                That night as I was lying in bed, I tried to think really hard of all the things I knew about Jay. I knew two things: I am utterly obsessed with him and he likes my best friend. Both were negative. I tossed and turned, trying desperately to cleanse my mind. How could I be so stupid?

                The next morning I woke up an hour before my alarm. I decided to use the extra time to prepare myself today. I wanted to put a little effort into how I look today instead of just rolling out of bed.  I picked my best fitting pair of jeans and a flowing open backed top. I ran my fingers through my long hair and decide to apply some eyeliner. I took one last look in the mirror before leaving. Why was I trying so hard?

                The morning went by quickly and before I knew it, it was lunch time. I sat with my most trusted friend, Kikwang. I needed to talk to the person who knew me best. For sure he would know what to do.

“Kikwang. I need your advice. I think I may have feelings for Jay.”

Kikwang almost choking on his food replied “wha- Why? He’s a weird kid. Why do you think people pick on him. I’m not one to judge but I definitely think that you can do waaaaaaay better than that. But that’s just my opinion. Don’t go there.”

“okokok geesh. I was just wanting your advice. It is not a big deal. I thought it was dumb too. I just needed you to confirm it. You know me better than I do.”

“Good. Thank god.”

“I’ve gotta run. I’ll see you after school.”

“Seyo.”

                The next two classes flew by as well. Finally it was time to face 7th period. As I walked in the classroom I realized there was only one seat left. I had no choice but to sit in front of Jay once again.  I ignored him until class started by pretending I had a text message. When the teacher came up to the front of the room I was ready to pay more attention to the lesson than I thought possible. But instead, I received an unpleasant surprise.

“The seats you are sitting in today will be your new assigned seats. The rows you are sitting in will be who you’re with for your group projects. We will start the first project tomorrow. Be ready.”


Bear with me. This is the first fanfic I've ever written. This is the first general story I've ever written. But, trust me, the future chapters are much more intense. Some heartbreaking and some happy. I would love some constructive criticism!!!! Please don't be too harsh though :) I have written the next few chapters already and would like to re-edit them according to the feedback. Thanks for reading my first chappie and giving me a chance!

-xoxo brit

   /\/\/\
 [...'.....\>
   /../....\>
  /../.......\>
(")(")..........)>