4.

a fault

 

"Lay?"

She surprised, she don't know why it always be Lay who found her miserable.

He then joined her and ordered dukbokki as well.

"What are you doing here?" She asked and tried to dry her tears with tissues.

"I just want to eat dukbokki but accidentally found you. Crying here." He lifted his brows. She nodded silently and offered a shoot of soju.

"Is it Kris?"

She nodded And exhaled a heavy breath. She knew that it will happen all over again. Kris and her; in a worst state.

"Lay, what will you do if you promise your girlfriend on a dinner?"

"Simple, I will full-fill it." he answered as his order served.

"If you can't make it what will you do?"

"I will call her that I cannot go."

"He didn't even call me." She sighed.

"Maybe he has some reason." Lay comforted.

"Who knows?" She shrugged.

"Are you going to let your girlfriend waiting for 5hours, without any call?" She holds back her tears.

Lay stopped eating he wants to blurt a no, but he shouldn't. He need comfort her and assured her that everything is okay. He continued to finish his dish.

"Do you wanna ice cream?" He offered.

She nodded for a yes.

Her anger slowly calming down as lay accompanied her and buy her an ice cream. She feel blessed that she had a friend just like Lay. She can't imagine how miserable her situation without Lay in rescue.

She gets to know Lay more. They share their story about what they like and dislike.

"Junhee, you should going back home."

It's already 12am and they still walking through the night market.

"I won't." She stopped and starred at him blankly.

"Can I stay on your place instead?"  She glanced at him then avoided his gaze.

"Umm, is it okay with Kris?" Lay asked.

"I don't care with him." She shrugged.

He nodded.

'Damn Lay! You should say no!'

Lay couldn't believe that he just say 'yes' for a girl stayed on his apartment.

He still quiet while glancing at her who stared at the road. They took a cab as always.

Frankly said, her mind actually still thinking of Kris. How about him? Is some accident happen? Did something happen? Have he eat his dinner? Did he having problem at office? She shook her head in denial.

She passed at Kris' apartment. Her eyes winded in shock that she saw Kris was standing there still in suit, face panicked with his phone one his right ear dialing someone.

'It must be me.'

Silently she took her dead phone. She glanced at the phone but a doubt surrounded all over her.

or

Putting back in her bag.

She ignored it and put back her phone. For awhile, she wants to forget about that jerk prince, Kris.