New people.

When love goes wrong...

Aeri's POV

The car ride was very awkward. Dad was constantly trying to make conversations with me, but I just sat there, smiling and nodding as responses to dad's questions. I glanced to my right side and saw my so-called oppa, so consumed in trying to beat up his opponent in the PSP. I remembered how cold his voice was earlier, and the way he looked at me. His eyes were dark. Hoya oppa never looked at me like that. He had a warm gaze. He would never let me down.

The car suddenly came into a halt in front of a seafood restaurant.

 “Alright kids, we’re here.” Dad stated as he climbed out from the driver seat. Mom opened my door while Jonghyun oppa stepped out from the car by himself.

We entered the restaurant as a seemingly complete family. It had been a while since I last had this feeling. I never felt like this for two years. Mom held my hand tightly. I felt safe and secure. A beautiful lady, I assumed, the restaurant’s waitress, greeted and guided us to a large, closed room which was for VIPs only.

Another waitress came into the room, bringing two menu books and putting it in front of mom and dad. Mom ordered a few dishes and I flinched as I heard the word clam.

“Mommy, I have clams allergy” I whispered as low as I can.

“Oh dear, you should’ve told me earlier” mom said and she cancelled the clam-contained dishes.

We ate our lunch silently. Dad did try his best to light up the atmosphere by telling us some jokes, but it didn’t work. Well, gotta love his enthusiasm.

After the delicious lunch, dad drove us to my new home. I felt a little bit nervous since this would be my second time living with strangers after the orphanage. My jaw dropped as soon as I saw the house. No, it was not a house. What laid in front of me was a majestic mansion. The garage alone could fit in six cars. Wow. I had to blink a few times to make sure the mansion in front of me wouldn't just evaporates into thin air.

“This is your new home, Choi Aeri” I flinched a bit as mom used my new surname. Choi Aeri. The name was nice but I would never forget my real name, Han Aeri.

I entered the house and I gaped again. The interior was luxurious. The combination of gold and red colour made it looked more luxurious - if it was possible - than it already is. A middle woman approached me. She was wearing a maid uniform the one which I used to see on tv.

“Miss Aeri, let me show you your room” She said politely and I smiled at her. I followed her to up the stairs. As I traced my fingers along the stairs' railing, I would never have thought of living in a mansion. The maid stopped in front of a door. Ah, this must be my room.

She opened the door and a delicate rose scent seeped in through my nostrils. I gasped as I saw the decorations. It was beautiful. The wall was painted in rosy pink colour and a queen-sized bed was located at the center of the room.

I entered the room and sat at the edge of the bed, still admiring the room.

“Mr. Shin will bring up your luggage and another maid will come to pack up your things in the wardrobe. I'm Mrs. Bae, call me if you need anything.” She said politely.

“Thank you” I thanked her. She bowed and left the room. I still couldn’t moved my eyes from the decorations.

“Do you like it?” I jumped a little. Mom walked towards me and sat on the bed, beside me.

“A lot.” I shortly replied.

“I'm glad that you like the room. The decorations was untouched since Jonghyun’s born. We always wanted a daughter. So we decided to keep this room for our daughter. But doctor told us that I couldn’t get pregnant again. Then we decided to adopt you. We're happy that you came into our lives, darling” Mom caressed my hair lovingly.

I could sensed  the motherly love in her touch. I thought of opening a space in my heart for them as my family. It had been two years I felt the emptiness that would always haunt me. Finally the empty space will be filled by another loving family. I'm sure I would learn to love them..

“Do you want to take a tour of your new home?” I smiled and nodded.

“How about you have a bonding time with your oppa?” She noticed my expression changed when she said the word oppa.

“Don’t worry, he might be cold towards you now because he is still not use to having another sibling. He once said to me he wanted a sister so, i'm sure that he will be alright soon.” She gave me an assuring smile.

Mom left the room while calling out Jonghyun’s name. A few seconds later, Jonghyun oppa entered my room with an unexplainable expression. He gave me a quick smile and gestured me to follow him.

“Follow me.” He said with a lollipop in his mouth.

Before I could said anything, he walked out of the room. I followed his steps towards a double door opposite my room.

“This is mommy and daddy’s room” He said before pointing his index finger to the room that was located beside my room. “And that’s my room. Knock the door before you enter my room. That’s a rule of mine. And those are the guest rooms. The maids don’t live here. They go back to their own house when midnight strikes.” He explained as he pointed to the doors, across the hallway. I just nodded.

“Come with me.” He grabbed my hand and ran up to the next floor. He stopped in front of a door and stepped in.

“This is the gym. I learn boxing here.” He stated while hugging a punching bag that was hanging on the ceiling. I was surprised when he told me that he was learning boxing. Well he was just 7 years old. He should be learning about animals or plants, not boxing.

He continued his tour around the house. There were a home theatre room, a dancing hall where mom would always have her yoga, a playroom which had a pool table and all kinds of playstations and games. There were also two swimming pools, indoor and outdoor and a mini golf field. Damn, this house is freaking big. I mean, mansion.

Hey there!

Another update! Sorry if I took a while to update.

I went for a vacation with my family. And sorry if there's a lot of grammar error.

Please comment so I can improve my writing skill.

Pyong! xoxo

 

COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!