Orphan

When love goes wrong...

 

Author’s POV

“Aeri-ah, take care of yourself. Be good to your new mommy and daddy okay?” The caretaker patted Aeri’s back as she hugged her.

Her sobs could be heard by everyone in the room. The atmosphere was gloomy. Mr. And Mrs. Choi were standing at the corner of the room with a boy who looked like Aeri’s age.

“Aeri-ah, let’s go to our home. Your new home” Mrs. Choi coaxed Aeri as she didin’t want to let go the caretaker. Her shirt was wet with Aeri’s tears.

“Aeri-ah, listen to your mommy. Go home. You have a new family” Aeri started to lose her grip on the caretaker’s shirt and slowly walked to Mrs. Choi as she stretched out her arm and pulled Aeri into her embrace.

“Let’s go home, okay darling?” Mrs. Choi said as she caressed Aeri’s silky black hair. Aeri nodded. She glanced at the boy who has been standing beside Mr. Choi.

“Thank you so much Ms. Kim, we’ll take a good care of her. Visit us anytime you want if you miss her.” Mrs. Choi said to the caretaker and smiled.

“I will” Ms. Kim replied while trying her best to hide her sobs.

Mr. Choi carried all Aeri’s luggage to the car while Aeri bade her last goodbye to the caretaker.

“Let’s go, Aeri-ah” Mrs. Choi held Aeri’s hand and walked towards a car which was already waiting at the gate. Aeri stopped and turned her gaze to the caretaker before waved to her for the last time. She entered the car and sat beside the boy who had been with the couple earlier.

“Aeri-ah, he is Jonghyun, your new brother. Jonghyun, she is your new sister. Be nice to her, okay?” Mrs. Choi looked at Aeri and Jonghyun who sat at the back seat, awkwardly.

***

Aeri's POV

My new life started as the car passed the orphanage main gate. I looked back and saw Ms.kim who had been taken care of me for two years, still sobbing. My friends who I have already thought of as my own siblings were waving as the car slowly left the orphanage.

I changed my gaze towards the boy who sat beside me. “Aeri-ah, he is Jonghyun, your new brother. Jonghyun, she is your new sister. Be nice to her, okay?” I heard Mrs. Choi -or I should stated- my mom said and glanced at us.

 I looked at the boy who was busying himself with PSP. So he is my new brother. I wonder what he’s like. But he seems cold.

“What do you want to eat today, kids?” Mr. Choi or dad, finally spoke as he looked at us through the mirror. He was not as bad as I thought since he did not say anything at the orphanage.

“Anything.” Jonghyun replied. His voice was cold. His eyes never left the PSP. I wondered if he had accepted me as his sister or not.

“So, I think seafoods would be okay?” He asked.

“Anyhing would be okay, Mr. Choi” I'm still not used to call anyone Dad yet since my family died.

“Call me daddy, Aeri-ah, and she will be you new mom. And don’t forget to call Jonghyun, oppa since he’s a year older than you. Arasso? “ “Okay d-daddy” I stuttered.

“That's my girl” I saw Dad's reflection on the back-view mirror as he warmly smiled.

I sensed that he could be a good father to me, but no one could ever replaced my father position in my life. My family’s images flashed through my mind. I suddenly felt a pang in my heart. I bit my cheek to hold back my tears. Mom, Dad, and Oppa, I miss you guys. A lot.

 

Okay, hi there.

The first chapter is up! Lol sorry for the short update.

I will update more later. Sorry for the grammar error and please comment so I can improve my skill writing :)

COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!