Little sister

When love goes wrong...

10 years later...

Author’s POV

The sunlight shined through the window as Changjo pulled the creamy pink curtain and filled in the entire room.

“Aish, time to wake up the sleepyhead” He murmured disapprovingly while taking out his secret weapon, a bird feather. A fine and soft one.

He started his move by wriggling the feather on Aeri's nose.

“Nooo” She grumbled sleepily and slapped Changjo's hand but her eyes remained tightly close. Soon, she drifted into her dreamland again.

“This ain’t going to work” He tried again, but this time he twirled the feather in and out the nostril, smoothly.

Aeri's brows furrowed, gaped a little as she inhaled deeply and....

HAAAAAAAAACHUM!

There she was, fully wided awake. With her messy bed hair, she glared to Changjo who was grinning like a fool and waving his hand to his one and only little sister, innocently.

“Oppaaa, why are you waking me uuup” Aeri whined while repeatedly kicking her red polka dot blanket off her bed.

“Wake up, sleepyhead. Its eight thirty” Changjo pulled his sister off the bed, but she wouldn’t budged from her current position.  

“What? No oppa, no. It’s Saturday, it’s holiday. Well, obviously” She rolled her eyes at Changjo.

“So, you’re not going to wake up? You want to stay on this bed the whole day? Fine, suit yourself. I'm going to have the special honeydew sherbet, ALL BY MYSELF” He emphasized the final three words.

“Oh and by the way, Mom and Dad are out of town. There’s nothing in the kitchen, Mom hasn’t buy the grocery yet. So, they left us with this.” He waved a credit card in front of Aeri's face. Left and right. Up and down.

“This is for breakfast, lunch, dinner, oh and supper, if you want to. But it seems like you don’t want to get out of your precious bed, I’ll have it all on my own then.” He smirked.

“There’s a packet of ramen in the cupboard. Luckily I saved it for you last night.” He continued and turned around as he made his move away from the bed, left Aeri who was completely anxious about her brother’s words.

“1... 2... 3” Step by step, he counted silently.

“Oppa.” Aeri finally called out.

“I succeed.” Changjo bit his inner cheek to hide his smile. He turned around to face Aeri.

“Yes, my deary sister?” He asked sarcastically and kept his voice as cool as he can.

“Wait for me downstairs. I’ll be there in a couple of minutes.” Aeri said, completely annoyed. She grabbed her towel, which was hanging beside the bathroom door.

Changjo who had been controlling his grin, finally bursted into a laughter.

Changjo's POV

Fuhh, that was so hard. I sighed deeply. Why do Mom and Dad have to go to Busan today? Why is it on the weekend?

I walked down the stairs and entered the living room, slammed my body onto the couch. I bent foward and picked up the remote control right under the coffee table. I leaned back, and stretched out my legs on the coffee table. Like a boss.

 I switched on the tv and a boy group appeared on the screen. ‘Careless, careless, shoot, anonymous, anonymous, mindless, mindless, no one who care about me’. [A/N: You know who~ ;)]

“Weird song.” I muttered to myself. Soon, the boy group started to dance their dance break part. I couldn’t help but amazed to their dance skill. Hmm, not bad. As the boys’ performance ended, I changed the channel aimlessly. Aishh no interesting show today. I sighed again, heavily.

I looked at my wrist watch. It’s almost nine. Haih where the heck is she? I rose up from the couch and made my way towards the stairs. I climbed up the stairs, step by step while called out Aeri to come out from her room.

“Aeri-ah, hurry up. If you’re not coming out from that room, I’ll left you with only a packet of ramen.” I threatened. “I’ll count to ten...” I took another step. “...1...2...3...4...” Every each step, I counted slowly, trying my best to hide my amuse grin. It was fun, teasing my little sister like this.

“...7...8...9...” I continued. “I'm ready!” I heard she screamed as I was about to reach the last step. She was wearing an oversized t-shirt and a light pink skinny. Her hair was perfectly flowed down to her shoulder. I realised she did put a little blush on her high cheekbones. She looked flawless.

Aish, Changjo-ah, snap out of it! She’s your little sister. Don’t be such a fool. You can’t fall for her. You can’t. I was repeating it like a mantra, bore deep in my mind.

“Oppa?” Aeri interrupted my thoughts by waving her hands right in front of my face. She was standing too close as I could felt her warm breathe on my face. I was startled as I almost embarrassingly fell backward but luckily Aeri quickly grabbed my arms.

“Whoa whoa, oppa, what the hell is wrong with you? Why are you standing there like a mindless mannequin? Am I that pretty that you can’t even blink?” She smiled like a little girl and flipped her hair, playfully. Ahh, cute. I chuckled.

“Nothing. Let’s go, I'm starving. You’re taking too much time.” I said, literally running down the stairs and took my motorbike key on the console table.

“You liar. I just took a couple of minutes.” She whined.

“Couple of minutes my ~” I sang, teasing her had become one of my hobbies. She pouted. I couldn’t resist her sulky-expressioned face. It made her - if possible - much more adorable than she already is. I mean, for me, she was already the sweetest angel that must be a blessing for me to just get to know her.

I hoped on the bike and the ignition. Aeri walked towards me and I put the helmet on her head, attached the strings tightly.

"Precious cargo" I smiled as I patted her head. She smiled back and jumped onto the bike,sitting behind me, comfortably. I flinched as she slipped her arms around my waist. My heart raced at an unusual speed. No Changjo, no. You can’t fall in love with her.You can’t act like this.

“Oppa, what's wrong?” She asked me.

“N-nothing.” I answered, slightly stuttering without even glancing at her. I pressed the accelerator, and we drifted towards the town. This is going to be a long day.

 

Hey guys!

Another chapter is up!  Sorry if there's any grammar error.

Comment if you guys enjoy the story!

Pyongg xoxo

 

COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!